Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

don't support villa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its amazing that all you needed to do to get sparky to be a competent mid table manager was to tell Kia to gently caress off forever. All Stoke fans are cool and good dudes and I welcome them all into my heart

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Byolante posted:

Its amazing that all you needed to do to get sparky to be a competent mid table manager was to tell Kia to gently caress off forever. All Stoke fans are cool and good dudes and I welcome them all into my heart

You support a team filled with racist bigots - I seem to remember you saying it was "no big deal" that Jones's heritage was mocked, in a racist way. Disgusting; don't support Stoke.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

don't support villa

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
If you really think about it, plastics are the real supporters. Locals just lost the lottery of birth.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

tbp posted:

You support a team filled with racist bigots - I seem to remember you saying it was "no big deal" that Jones's heritage was mocked, in a racist way. Disgusting; don't support Stoke.

Wow..hosed up OP. This may be a bit controversial and SJW for some but I think racism is bad.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Zero One posted:

Hey now, we can have draws. It's possible in our football too. And although I feel you guys are missing out on sudden-death unlimited overtime, what we really don't understand is the lack of playoffs. How can you have a champion without an additional two months of post-season playoffs? PLAYOFFS! :911:

The cup competitions are basically playoffs, particularly the Champions League.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

Rastafarian isn't a race

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

don't support villa

Now is the perfect time to get on the claret & blue bandwagon. The only way is up. Grealish is going to be a revelation for us this season.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
just sit and mouth breath with your mountain dew and have a couple of streams open each match day and see if you pick up a favourite player/manager and root for them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I reckon this is the perfect time for new fans to dig out their beatles lps and grab a lolly ice from the asda because the city of Liverpool has got some seriously sizzling action on display on both sides for the first time in ages. Magic Martinez and his tiki taka toffees versus Big Brend and the boston bootrooms. Get in on the ground floor now because the only way is up

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

saihttam posted:

just sit and mouth breath with your mountain dew and have a couple of streams open each match day and see if you pick up a favourite player/manager and root for them

can't drink mountain dew whilst watching the premiere league, gotta drink carslberg, official brewing partner, or nothing. not even tapwater. not even rain.

same deal with FA cup and budweiser and the championship and coke.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the championship and coke.

Can we keep with the times, please? I don't expect Championship fans to be drinking anything other than Sky Bet.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Frankston posted:

Now is the perfect time to get on the claret & blue bandwagon. The only way is up. Grealish is going to be a revelation for us this season.
he is. but we don't need any more posters like me on the train

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

I reckon this is the perfect time for new fans to dig out their beatles lps and grab a lolly ice from the asda because the city of Liverpool has got some seriously sizzling action on display on both sides for the first time in ages. Magic Martinez and his tiki taka toffees versus Big Brend and the boston bootrooms. Get in on the ground floor now because the only way is up

This. Lolly ices for all.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zero One posted:

Hey now, we can have draws. It's possible in our football too. And although I feel you guys are missing out on sudden-death unlimited overtime, what we really don't understand is the lack of playoffs. How can you have a champion without an additional two months of post-season playoffs? PLAYOFFS! :911:
We have cup competitions though which are sort of like playoffs except they run concurrently with the season because we don't have the attention spans of a flea

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Thirteenth Step posted:

Note that if you're American and you want to support the most local team the answer is Plymouth Argyle.

Only if you use the Mercator projection. The correct answer is Carlisle Utd (or Everton if we're restricting it to non-poo poo leagues).

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I've decided I'm going to make more of an effort on weekends to be up by 8 and drunk by 10:30 and to do more than passively follow the EPL. I've got a few friends locally who follow, and I've made my decision to support a team based on this.

All of the people I know who are Chelsea fans are cunts.
I know 1 United fan. He is a massive oval office.
One dude is a huge Barnsley fan, which is cool but gently caress I'd never get to see them play.
Everyone else loves Arsenal, and the local gunners bar has pretty kickass breakfast and beer.

So go Gunners I suppose, and this makes me a oval office as well.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Korwen posted:

I've decided I'm going to make more of an effort on weekends to be up by 8 and drunk by 10:30 and to do more than passively follow the EPL. I've got a few friends locally who follow, and I've made my decision to support a team based on this.

One dude is a huge Barnsley fan, which is cool but gently caress I'd never get to see them play.
Everyone else loves Arsenal, and the local gunners bar has pretty kickass breakfast and beer.

lmao it's like clockwork

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For UK New Friends, Sky Sports is FREE this Saturday. Get hype

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Korwen posted:

welcome enjoy your stay :)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
You're more than welcome to become a Barnsley plastic and post in the League One thread, I'll allow it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Korwen posted:

Clearly the answer is Spurs

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Hello sorta new poaster for TRp, jumped on for the WC. I am a Geordie fan (started around the Schearer days) , what this means is that i hate myself and haven't enjoyed Premier League for a long time.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JG Wentworth posted:

Hello sorta new poaster for TRp, jumped on for the WC. I am a Geordie fan (started around the Schearer days) , what this means is that i hate myself and haven't enjoyed Premier League for a long time.

I don't know what a long time is but they were 5th three seasons ago. It was just all poo poo before and after that.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Use the team names ffs

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

if you were from newcastle you would be a geordie. Newcastle United arent "the geordies" (they're "the magpies")

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

if you were from newcastle you would be a geordie. Newcastle United arent "the geordies"
I'm not, by grace of God.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Still B.A.E posted:

Use the team names ffs

Agreed, I don't even know what a geordie is

e: thank you, straight up brolic

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

if you were from newcastle you would be a geordie. Newcastle United arent "the geordies" (they're "the magpies")

This!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Maybe he likes people willing to punch a horse for their team?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

pik_d posted:

Maybe he likes people willing to punch a horse for their team?
hell, i think we all do

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

hell, i think we all do

We're all Geordie fans.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

pik_d posted:

We're all Geordie fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3ZUa0Is4I

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Watch geordie shore and mimic the accents to fit in

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

sassassin posted:

Clearly the answer is Spurs

Every Spurs fan I've seen around is always making a face like they just smelled cat piss.

edit: poo poo did not realize Tottenham had a large Jewish following.

Korwen fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 12, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Korwen posted:

Every Spurs fan I've seen around is always making a face like they just smelled cat piss.

Nice racism.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Korwen posted:

Oy vey!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Support Newcastle or Liverpool if you never want to understand what the local players are saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
What a player Schearer was.

• Locked thread