Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

GD can you do a guide to Serie A racism a? Like the games that are most likely to have all the good racisms? I'd like to see some top top Italian intolerance, but I don't want to watch too many games because Serie A because its kinda poo poo.

Any game involving Lazio or Hellas. Done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

One important thing you guys forget is that football is about bitterness and hatred, and you can hate as many clubs as you want!

Some suggestions of clubs to hate: Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Lazio

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

That's Aurelio, not Dino!!!!
I wont recover from this

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Drogadon posted:

One important thing you guys forget is that football is about bitterness and hatred, and you can hate as many clubs as you want!

Some suggestions of clubs to hate: Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Lazio

Madrid, PSG, City

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Real Madrid is the home of Ronald's Alpha Squad (now featuring cool guy Keylor) and therefore cool and good. The others are indeed hateable.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
I am glad to be in such company as the mythical MR. CooL ICE.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Drogadon posted:

Real Madrid is the home of Ronald's Alpha Squad (now featuring cool guy Keylor) and therefore cool and good. The others are indeed hateable.

how can you possibly respect a team that is in debt?!

#dollazoverbloodbags

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How anyone could suggest a list of clubs to hate and not include pooshited is beyond me. Frankly I find it staggering.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Here is a list of teams to hate even more than you hate the rest of the teams in the world:

Manchester United
Chelsea

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Barcelona are one if the most hateable clubs out there

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Your friendly Real Madrid forums poster here reminding you all that Madrid is a cool club build on strong family values and an enjoyment of the beautiful game and the beautiful players. :)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hegay posted:

Your friendly Real Madrid forums poster here reminding you all that Madrid is a cool club build on strong family values and an enjoyment of the beautiful game and the beautiful players. :)

Also Fascism

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
If you really take a moment to reflect, you'll find all sports teams are worth loathing

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Reminder that now is the best possible time to bandwagon for Manchester United before they get good again

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Reminder that now is the best possible time to bandwagon for Manchester United before they get good again

Quote this post before the first game of next season

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

"now" in this context refers to this particular orbit of halley's comet

bryn987
May 31, 2014
Started watching the EPL today and still trying to find a team to root for. Also was hoping to catch La Liga in a few weeks but my cable subscription doesn't pick it up :rant:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

bryn987 posted:

Started watching the EPL today and still trying to find a team to root for. Also was hoping to catch La Liga in a few weeks but my cable subscription doesn't pick it up :rant:

It's called The Barclays mate.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Syncopated posted:

Apparently Maradonna Summer is a great poster!

One of the very best of all time.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Support your local team. Enjoy everything else. Easy enough.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If I followed the advice of "follow a team you like from a game you enjoyed" then my favorite team and player would be Blackburn Rovers and Roque Santa Cruz and that's okay man.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If I followed the advice of "follow a team you like from a game you enjoyed" then my favorite team and player would be Blackburn Rovers and Roque Santa Cruz and that's okay man.

Well it's good that advice has never been said ever

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It was a pretty good game though. He scored a hat trick. I thought he must have been the best player. This was whatever year Derby County died a horrible death.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It was a pretty good game though. He scored a hat trick. I thought he must have been the best player. This was whatever year Derby County died a horrible death.

He was really good for that one season.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This was whatever year Derby County died a horrible death.

You're thinking of the Chinese year of the Bear making GBS threads In The Woods

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I picked Liverpool to follow this season because I enjoy how angry it makes English people.

I have an actual question though:

Why the hell does the Europa League exist?

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 17, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

axeil posted:

I picked Liverpool to follow this season because I enjoy how angry it makes English people.

To keep the mid-table teams rotating around so that they can never build a good enough squad to challenge the Sky Super Sunday Top 4

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

axeil posted:

Its a sad remnant of a time when european competitions were organised in a less boring fashion

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
The Europa League used to be the UEFA Cup and it was cool and good and didn't have group stages. Straight up knock out. RIP

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

The Europa League used to be the UEFA Cup and it was cool and good and didn't have group stages. Straight up knock out. RIP

That's a shame.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Football was good before it became a brand imo

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Has anyone itt picked West Brom yet?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

bryn987 posted:

You don't need a team to root for, just watch and enjoy the sport

If you really, really need to, look at who finished top 4 last year and pick one of them at random, that way you get to watch Champion's League and they won't get relegated to the Championship any time soon, at which point they won't be covered by your cable package

No matter what you're a plastic so you might as well pick a good team

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Please don't come and support City unless you can tell me what positions Kevin Horlock and Darren Wassell played and who Neil Heaney scored his only City goal against, that is all.

Alternatively, just watch a load of games and see who is the most exciting to watch, or ideally, just find who your nearest team is, and watch them, even if its Bethesda Athletic or Mount Olive Kickers, it's about watching a game of football and following a team, not having to watch a 'major' club that you might get to see once or twice at most in your life.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 18, 2014

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
lol just lol if you watch football and don't support a team

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i support whichever team will score me the most points in the fantasy game because i am a fat autist

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

axeil posted:

To give one lucky lottery winner a chance to play in the Champions League, thereby fooling them into thinking the game still has mobility between big and small clubs and keeping the masses docile.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

corn in the fridge posted:

i support whichever team will score me the most points in the fantasy game because i am a fat autist

You're a what? hahaha

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

advanced statsman posted:

You're a what? hahaha

epic memery ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Americans should support a team in the championship, then you can hate everybody in the premier league equally, which is really what soccer is all about. It's also a very hipster move, which will appeal to many of my fellow American soccer fans.

Note: don't support Ipswich unless you're an inbred semi-human.

• Locked thread