Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If it isn't low content posts, it's the aspies creating detailed point by point explanations of in game mechanics and all kinds of other skull fuckery. These same posters ignore everyone else except the other aspie number crunchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Yivgev posted:

greetings pedophile apologist conquistador

this is a cool game name i think im gonna take it thanks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm really glad all three catchphrases got thrown out there in the first three replies.

My roommate now always says if true when I say hosed up.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
gaming is the problem, OP

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Reminder that the steam thread op was longer than than war and peace

what

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I think the gundam online megathread in MMO HMO is done very well.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

it was like 6 goddamn long posts filled with charts and tables and image macros

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
ban everyone who preorders videogames

%krillion increase in quality immediately

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
The New Vegas thread has literal pages of arguments about rape farms

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
how much fertilizer do i need to plant a rape farm

E: what is a rape farm

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

GAME NAME: WITTY TAGLINE

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Where the Legion holds women captive to breed new soldiers

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Try sex instead /Thread (AKA TSIT)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

how much fertilizer do i need to plant a rape farm

E: what is a rape farm

maybe its like a grape farm?

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Have been saying OP's post for years all it got me was probation

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

King of Internet posted:

The New Vegas thread has literal pages of arguments about rape farms

Remember when mass effect was still new? The first game alone had like 7 mega threads.

Alien statuary rape was one of the more popular topics.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It's weird how so many people that never leave the house are so worried about rape.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ilustforponydeath posted:

It's weird how so many people that never leave the house are so worried about rape.

quote:

More than 50% of all rape/sexual assault incidents were reported by victims to have occured within 1 mile of their home or at their home.2

4 in 10 take place at the victim's home.
2 in 10 take place at the home of a friend, neighbor, or relative.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I love SA for a reason and that's NOT that dead serious, but a mix of quality information and quality humor. If I recall correctly, the original rule was subjective: A post must add something to the discussion or be funny. And it wasn't like "add a tiny bit to the discussion" was okay, nor "he was trying to make a joke but it wasn't funny". I do realize that was quite some time ago, however.

At this time, all users were directly warned. Every time I hit post, I had to be *dead* sure I was really adding something or that someone would find it funny. And to shoot for the first one. I felt like that was what led to SA's best years. Still do.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i was raped in cs:go by a 10 yr old

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

THE PENETRATOR posted:

from what I've seen it's okay to just stop wherever and not continue because who gives a poo poo it's someone playing a video game lmao

No my friend there are hidden dangers. About 8 years ago I did a let's play where I roleplayed a hooting retard (you should always write what you know)and as recently as a year ago some other dude on tumblr has been doing questions and answers acting as my character from the lets play, 7-8 loving years after the fact so what I'm saying is do you really want to risk long-term attention from the kind of person who would do that i.e. broken nerd goony goons? Now I'm in genuine fear for my life and I am literally shakeing as I type this.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

If a game is good there's not much reason to post about how good you think it is cause you should just be playing and enjoying it, but when a game is really lovely it is fun to post about how lovely it is. So really it only makes sense to post about stuff you don't like.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

If a game is good there's not much reason to post about how good you think it is cause you should just be playing and enjoying it, but when a game is really lovely it is fun to post about how lovely it is. So really it only makes sense to post about stuff you don't like.

how will they know how that i just preordered the $500 Revenant Edition if i dont post about it immediately

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Neurolimal posted:

how will they know how that i just preordered the $500 Revenant Edition if i dont post about it immediately

You do an unboxing video on Youtube. Duh.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I don't think you understand what these people look like.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Breetai posted:

You do an unboxing video on Youtube. Duh.

i think if you're a normal and presentable guy who has any interest in video games at all, even the slightest of passing interests, you could do unboxing videos for youtube and get huge ad revenue and earn back the cost of the lovely game collector editions you buy, and more

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i think if you're a normal and presentable guy who has any interest in video games at all

I think we have a porblem.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Breetai posted:

I think we have a porblem.

well my dad plays battlefield but hes also a veteran so hmm...

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
motherfucking games, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Simstim posted:

motherfucking games, am I right?