Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

this dude is my hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFUVKfmGVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

The rwandan genocide isn't being committed by people who already had a genocide attempted on them and should loving know better.

Well we're about 3-4 generations into Israel, which is enough time for the voices of people who actually remember and recognize what the road to genocide looks like to die out (although I'm sure someone has "Israel has always been hypocritical fuckwits" links to prove me wrong, not that I mind), and is also enough time for splinter factions of young idiots to rise up who never had anything more than base parroting of the "never again" credo drilled into them.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Kombotron posted:

kabila overthrew a zairain dictator with popular support. the hutu refugees were the equivelent of of nazis fleeing germany who te organized daily massacres against hutus in cross border or internal raids.

Of course he had popular support, Mobutu was a corrupt piece of poo poo. Popular support only gets you food and cannon fodder though, the weapons were provided by Rwanda and Uganda.
And yes, among the Hutus in the Congo were a lot of murderers from the Rwanda genocide, which I guess makes the reprisal killings slightly more sensible than the ones in Israel but it's not like anyone actually held trials to ascertain guilt before the mass executions in the Congo began.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
israel is the next axis of evil

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hamas tire is also a hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-g2T7s3cIw

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Palestine is fuckin dumb.

Kinksky
Jun 8, 2012
Jesus, some of you people are a) retarded and b) prime examples of why it's reasonable to take a second look at critics of Israeli policy to see if they are actually antisemitic.

Even comparing the situation in Gaza to the Holocaust is disgusting. Maybe try again when Israeli military forces are going out of their way rounding up Arab people in the whole middle east to put them into facilities that were designed specifically to kill people on an industrial scale, just because they are Arabs.

And no, there aren't any steps down that road being made either.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

vyst posted:

Palestine is fuckin dumb.

theuglygerman posted:

Jesus, some of you people are a) retarded and b) prime examples of why it's reasonable to take a second look at critics of Israeli policy to see if they are actually antisemitic.

Even comparing the situation in Gaza to the Holocaust is disgusting. Maybe try again when Israeli military forces are going out of their way rounding up Arab people in the whole middle east to put them into facilities that were designed specifically to kill people on an industrial scale, just because they are Arabs.

^^ faggots ^^

lol every goddamn time

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

theuglygerman posted:

just because the israelis arent using the german efficiency you've become accustomed to doesnt mean israel aint tryna exterminate their arab neighbors

it doesnt mean they are either

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

theuglygerman posted:

Even comparing the situation in Gaza to the Holocaust is disgusting.

It's quite reasonable to compare Gaza to a Jewish ghetto under Nazi Germany. There's the same lack of personal liberties and rights, constant martial law, under supply of basic necessities, and the constant possibility of random extralegal death at the whim of the occupying army whenever they feel like it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

theuglygerman posted:

kill people on an industrial scale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEJoNyDDgw

hth

Kinksky
Jun 8, 2012

peak debt posted:

It's quite reasonable to compare Gaza to a Jewish ghetto under Nazi Germany. There's the same lack of personal liberties and rights, constant martial law, under supply of basic necessities, and the constant possibility of random extralegal death at the whim of the occupying army whenever they feel like it.

Only no cattle wagons full of people are leaving for death camps or simply the woods on a regular basis. And there is no evidence that the goal of the blockade is to exterminate every single man, woman and child because they were born to Arab Muslim parents.
You know, only a minor difference.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

theuglygerman posted:

94% of the israeli population supports bombing the poo poo out of hospitals, schools and malnourished civilians, deliberately kept on a near-starvation "diet" for 8 years in the world's largest de facto prison camp, using white phosphorous, flechette and carcinogenic DIME bombs in the world's sixth most densely populated area. 74% want to make peace protests against the law and 49% want to put peace protesters on trial for treason, a crime that carries the death penalty. 34% consider israeli arabs a security risk and think they can't be trusted. roving gangs are beating the poo poo out of arabs on a daily basis and people are protesting using literal nazi slogans, calling for the execution of arab members of the knesset and their families. members of the knesset and well known media people are calling for genocide. a person like gideon levy can't leave his house without bodyguards because he'll be assaulted in the street.

my ancestors were german, austrian, hungarian, czechoslovakian and polish jews, so maybe you should shut the gently caress up.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Here's an idea. If you don't want your poo poo pushed in by huge bombs, stop launching your lovely rockets over the border.

Kinksky
Jun 8, 2012

Emphasis on industrial and specifically to kill. You know, mass murder being the raison d'etat. I'd say quite the contrary is the case in Israel.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

my ancestors were german, austrian, hungarian, czechoslovakian and polish jews, so maybe you should shut the gently caress up.
lol

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

theuglygerman posted:

And no, there aren't any steps down that road being made either.

lol news flash buddy jews are hated worldwide, nobody gives a poo poo. hitler didnt go far enough

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Israel is literally Hitler for killing innocent brown people.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

myshl0ng posted:

Here's an idea. If you don't want your poo poo pushed in by huge bombs, stop launching your lovely rockets over the border.

here's an idea: kill every single israeli

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

But then we are left with a bunch of terrorists.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

myshl0ng posted:

But then we are left with a bunch of terrorists.

tranime scholar posted:

every single israeli

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
look, just because israel has barricaded palestinians within a single city and cut off electricity and water to them doesn't mean they've created a concentration camp, nor the fact that west bank palestinians basically cannot go anywhere (unless they're working or an israeli company, then they get a day-long pass) despite constantly losing land

get back to me after all the palestinians are dead, then we can talk about helping them mkay

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7FJ9y8m4M

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
half-assed 6th grade history classes have transformed hitler into some superbeing who went from fuhrer -> Auschwitz out of fat air, no taking jewish land and rounding them up into ghettos part, just /teleport ed the jews into gas chambers

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
luckily for the israelis, they didn't need to ship the palestinians anywhere since that's where they already lived. just build a big wall and drop bombs on it occasionally. this ethnic cleansing thing is easy

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

theuglygerman posted:

Only no cattle wagons full of people are leaving for death camps or simply the woods on a regular basis. And there is no evidence that the goal of the blockade is to exterminate every single man, woman and child because they were born to Arab Muslim parents.

Yes, tell me about how benevolent Israel is with the blockade.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Hey Hamas is shooting rockets from a school where my kid goes. Yes, this is a good idea I will not stop them. Glad I voted for Hamas.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

theuglygerman posted:

Which is why I said "ghetto" and not "concentration camp".

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah its really more of a concentration city in this case

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Deki posted:

Yes, tell me about how benevolent Israel is with the blockade.
If Hamas stopped selling all the aid for weapons and building tunnels, maybe the blockade would be lifted.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

zionist scum

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
if you're ever having to defend your side by saying 'no, you see, it's not really a concentration camp..', you're probably rooting for the wrong side

Kinksky
Jun 8, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

94% of the israeli population supports bombing the poo poo out of hospitals, schools and malnourished civilians, deliberately kept on a near-starvation "diet" for 8 years in the world's largest de facto prison camp, using white phosphorous, flechette and carcinogenic DIME bombs in the world's sixth most densely populated area. 74% want to make peace protests against the law and 49% want to put peace protesters on trial for treason, a crime that carries the death penalty. 34% consider israeli arabs a security risk and think they can't be trusted. roving gangs are beating the poo poo out of arabs on a daily basis and people are protesting using literal nazi slogans, calling for the execution of arab members of the knesset and their families. members of the knesset and well known media people are calling for genocide. a person like gideon levy can't leave his house without bodyguards because he'll be assaulted in the street.

I don't know where you get your numbers from but I'd wager the question to your first poll was phrased _slightly_ different. People are supporting the war to impede Hamas' capability to attack Israel and they may support air strikes on civilian structures being used as staging areas.

Racial hatred is no doubt a problem, but don't pretend like this is government policy.
If you want to see how urban warfare without concern for civilian lives looks, look up Grozny or Hama. Considering the terrain, civilian casualties are low.

I don't give a poo poo about your 'heritage', what does that have to do with anything.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
D&D link but he didnt provide a link to the source and its long as gently caress but pro as all hell

Reporters, civilians: hamas are loving ninjas yo

basically the reason you dont see 50 pictures of hamas firing from civilians is because they usually sneak out into abandoned buildings and fields and such to fire their pissrockets

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Neurolimal posted:

in retrospect the founding fathers probably should have added some sort of safeguard amendment against another country basically purchasing our politicians and turning them into bitches for their country
George Washington said as much in his farewell address. The problem is that the majority of the Founding Fathers had no quibble with letting money direct power.

How little humanity we humans have.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

It's the juden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

myshl0ng posted:

Hey Hamas is shooting rockets from a school where my kid goes. Yes, this is a good idea I will not stop them. Glad I voted for Hamas.

Hey the continental army is using my town for weapon storage. Yes this is a good idea I will not stop them. Glad I voted for American Independence.

myshl0ng posted:

If Hamas stopped selling all the aid for weapons and building tunnels, maybe the blockade would be lifted.

There were basically no rocket attacks from 2008 to 2012, it did jack poo poo about the blockade. You can always hang a fictitious carrot in front of people and pull it just a little bit further as they reach for it.

• Locked thread