Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

peak debt posted:

There were basically no rocket attacks from 2008 to 2012,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

there's other militant groups besides hamas, quassam rockets are super cheap to make, and hamas hired 900 palestinians to act as an anti-rocket force to suppress other militants firing rockets, the numbers fired per month dropped from the hundreds, to 8-9, to 1-2.

ofc the answer to that is to go "lets break the ceasefire making this peace happen, instead of asking them to arrest that guy who snuck out and fired a pissrocket"

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

"lets break the ceasefire making this peace happen, instead of asking them to arrest that guy who snuck out and fired a pissrocket"
Which is the palestinians' job.

Also lol at pissrocket.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

If you can't keep your house in order then too bad son.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Anne Frank's death was 70 years ago last week. If she were a Palestinian, modern Israelis would cheer for it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

myshl0ng posted:

Which is the palestinians' job.

which is what i said? you ask them to arrest the guy and use the insanely expensive surveillance system of drones you have hovering around the gaza strip (because it's basically Israel's guinea pig for military tech) to show them who did it, then the guy is arrested and convicted, then peace goes on

also quassam rockets literally use piss as a propellant

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Wasn't half her diary fake or some poo poo.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Which is why I called the carrot fictitious. If the condition for Palestinian rights is that there should not be a single attack for x years we might just make the ghettos permanent. Peace for 10 years? No sorry you can't have any rights, Omar threw a rock at Hershel yesterday.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
qassams have never and will never be a threat. if they were a threat, israel's iron dome would have a better hit rate than 6%

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Also lol how other muslim states don't give two fucks about palestinians. Muslims truly are worthless.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

myshl0ng posted:

Wasn't half her diary fake or some poo poo.

idk but that chick was cooked man

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
saudi arabia are secret buddies with israel, hezbollah/iran are tied up in the syrian clusterfuck, egypt is paid billions to keep their side of Gaza's border closed, and jordan has next to no military power and are also sick of refugees (most countries tend to have a strong dislike of refugees crossing over to their towns)

contrary to public belief arabs aren't actually a hivemind of terrorism

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

Anne Frank's death was 70 years ago last week. If she were a Palestinian, modern Israelis would cheer for it.

makes u think

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm glad they labeled the jews, wouldn't have been able to tell otherwise

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

myshl0ng posted:

Also lol how other muslim states don't give two fucks about palestinians. Muslims truly are worthless.

Egypt actually worked time around with Israel to double team the palestinians during the cease fire negotiations.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Anne Frank was building piss bombs in the attic

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

theuglygerman posted:

I don't know where you get your numbers from but I'd wager the question to your first poll was phrased _slightly_ different. People are supporting the war to impede Hamas' capability to attack Israel and they may support air strikes on civilian structures being used as staging areas.

they're from a representative study conducted by haifa university. you saw similar numbers during cast lead and everyone knows what's happening and how the casualties are distributed. 85% were also against a ceasefire unless every last urine-and-sugar DYI bottle rocket was destroyed first, which is obviously an impossibility.

theuglygerman posted:

Racial hatred is no doubt a problem, but don't pretend like this is government policy.

okay i will ignore the facts then, it's not like this was the same government that had a policy of forcing birth control on ethiopian jews and whose MK's call for genocide.

theuglygerman posted:

I don't give a poo poo about your 'heritage', what does that have to do with anything.

it was to forestall the inevitable cries of anti-semitism and holocaust exploitation

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i'l launch my piss rocket into your iron domes, i'l launch it hard

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

myshl0ng posted:

Anne Frank was building piss bombs in the attic

makes sense. probably got caught from flushing the toilet

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
What is the context of the photo of that kid sitting on the hood of the truck that keeps getting posted? If that's an instance of IDF forces using Palestinian civis as human shields I would like to know more details of what happened that day. I understand where a lot of the anti-Israeli talk is coming from, but when you post 1-3 pictures with no context and no accompanying story it's really hard to take you seriously. It's like UFO people posting blurry shaky videos taken at night of out of focus lights.

Again I'm not trying to defend Israel but you gotta be more cogent than throwing a few pictures up.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

More skinny nerd bitchmen need to go over there and die for Islam or palestine or whatever.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Amarcarts posted:

What is the context of the photo of that kid sitting on the hood of the truck that keeps getting posted? If that's an instance of IDF forces using Palestinian civis as human shields I would like to know more details of what happened that day. I understand where a lot of the anti-Israeli talk is coming from, but when you post 1-3 pictures with no context and no accompanying story it's really hard to take you seriously. It's like UFO people posting blurry shaky videos taken at night of out of focus lights.

Again I'm not trying to defend Israel but you gotta be more cogent than throwing a few pictures up.
IDF arrested that kid and put him on the hood so the little poo poo wouldn't run away like he did previously.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

myshl0ng posted:

If Hamas stopped selling all the aid for weapons and building tunnels, maybe the blockade would be lifted.
Do you realize how circular your logic is? "Well maybe if Hamas stopped trying to get around the blockade maybe we'd lift it". The point is that Hamas is hosed either way. Either they resist and justify the blockade or they do nothing and allow the blockade to continue, as Israel will justify the blockade no matter how benign Hamas is. The cause of this current flare-up had nothing to do with Hamas, and was a cynical ploy by Netanyahu to strike patriotic fear in Israeli hearts so the populace will vote for him and the blockade again. It's like the Southern racists who said they would end segregation as soon as the blacks would bootstrap their way into white society, which was impossible with segregation. The onus of responsibility is on Isravel because they are the cause of the separation. When you put people in ghettos and violently attack them on a regular basis without warrant they're going to fight back. Unless we're talking about a completely different species of human whose ancestors would have been devoured by natural selection hundreds of millions of years ago.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Selling medical aid to buy AKs sure is helping getting around the blockade.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Amarcarts posted:

everyone commenting here already knows whats going on and is making jokes

if you actually com eto gbs for hard-hitting debates then i dont know what to say

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

stop hitting yourself gaza. stop hitting yourself gaza. why are you hitting yourself *bibi repeatedly smacks gaza's hand into its own face*

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Amarcarts posted:

they taped that kid to the vehicle. take a look at his left arm

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

I know I would vote for a terrorist organization that urges civilians to go out and get in the way of fighting.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tranime scholar posted:

they taped that kid to the vehicle. take a look at his left arm

the funny thing is that if hamas tried to do the same with israeli soldier sit wouldnt work because theres a long-running IDF policy to kill israeli soldeirs rather than let them be captured

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

the first two pics i linked are IDF using civilians to clear buildings and streets while avoiding rocks and potential hamas fire or booby traps

the youtube video is of a right-wing rally supporting the IDF cheering gaza children dying ("the school is closed today, there are no children left in the gaza") and threatening palestinian politicians within the Knesset

the last one is from a rally where neo-nazi israelis held up signs presenting hewbrew-translated nazi slogans ("One People, One Nation, One Ruler)

the child on the jeep was taken for throwing rocks at the soldier's jeep, and handcuffed to said jeep to dissuade any other rock throwers

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Cream_Filling posted:

the funny thing is that if hamas tried to do the same with israeli soldier sit wouldnt work because theres a long-running IDF policy to kill israeli soldeirs rather than let them be captured

true but some idf still die so i'd call it a net positive

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Palestinians should just give up and go find some other land somewhere I don't understand why they can't find a plot somewhere else.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

etalian posted:

Egypt actually worked time around with Israel to double team the palestinians during the cease fire negotiations.

sisi was also responsible for the egyptian blockade during mubarak's reign.

Amarcarts posted:

the use of human shields by the IDF was so prevalent that the supreme court had to weigh in back in 2005. it was promptly ignored, though, and the practice continued during cast lead and protective edge. on the flipside, there is literally not a single shred of evidence of hamas using human shields.

unless you count the captured israeli soldiers that the hannibal directive requires the IDF to blow up. lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

vyst posted:

Palestinians should just give up and go find some other land somewhere I don't understand why they can't find a plot somewhere else.

theyre not allowed to leave their ghetto though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
this is now a Latuff cartoon posting zone

it's criminal that he doesn't have any awards despite years worth of comics better than anything in the New York Rag

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Neurolimal posted:

it's criminal that he doesn't have any awards despite years worth of comics better than anything in the New York Rag

not true, he won 3rd biggest antisemite in the entire world or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

tranime scholar posted:

not true, he won 3rd biggest antisemite in the entire world or w/e

• Locked thread