Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????

The Rules posted:

When you win a combat, you total up all the strikes your team has accrued and compare
them to the number of enemies you defeated to determine the cost of your victory. Let N be
the number of players on your team and S be the total strikes your team accrued.

This paragraph seems to contradict itself. Which number determines the cost of victory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
The layout looks great! Powers and tables especially are a lot easier to pick out now. I did notice one tiny thing as I was scanning: the line "About an enemy:" in the Asses power is bulleted along with the list that follows it.

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
Personally, I feel like "Strike" works better the way it's used in combat and team conflict than the version in the basic rules. It's a fairly common term for when someone is counting how many times you mess up, and there will be consequences if you keep doing it. If a distinction is needed, I'd rather see a new word to encompass Conditions, Flaws, and Favors in the basic rules.

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
Success with a Cost/Price sounds good, but I'm not sure Twist with a Cost/Price makes as much sense, so I think Setback may be the best of these options overall.

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
The Warlord's rule for "when you use a power that deals no damage" seems a bit vague to me. For example, of the level 1 at wills, Morale-Boosting Punching Bag seems pretty clear, but what about Hit This Guy and Alley-Oop? The powers themselves don't do any damage, but they do lead to other characters doing damage immediately. Come Help Me With This Guy is similar, but it's even the Warlord doing the damage. Also, what if you use Knock Him Off Balance but miss, or get a glancing blow and choose the effect line? Does that count as dealing no damage? Assuming the last one is not intended, it might be clearer to add something like "Special: Gain one Support Token" to the powers that are supposed to trigger it, rather than trying to give a general rule.

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
In the illustrated combat example, Terrifying Visage says that the target has to run away before taking any other actions, but at the end, the DM contemplates attacking and then running, or shifting and then running, and suggests that those options would avoid the 3 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
The soothe advance gives you some control over what happens if you fail. "They turn on you instead" lets you prevent what they were going to do, and they "take the same course, albeit with more caution" is still an improvement in the situation. Sure, either of those could be reasonable twists, but I imagine with a normal skill roll, a lot of your twists are going to actually make the situation worse, like "they're annoyed at you, and act even more rashly to spite you". Also note that with the advance, the player gets to choose between the two failure modes.

• Locked thread