Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
This is the second (third?) time in a short period that I've ended up missing the weekly update, so I'm going to go ahead and suspend that schedule. For the next month or so, updates will happen when they happen, and hopefully by the end of that time work and RL will have calmed down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
No problem Seyser. Just don't Spirit Armor this LP.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It's alright, man. You take care of your things, this is a great LP and the wait will be worth it.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Mission 28, Izu Route

Last time on this route, we squared off against Wodan again, then learned that he and Sanger were not one and the same when Sanger showed up to help us fight him. This time?

Eheheheheh. :keke:

Not much setup this time, except for some common-sense weapon assignments. Also Ryoto's Huckebein got some mobility, but who cares about that.

Intro

quote:

In another dimension, an unknown being announces that the Guardian's servant will be awakening soon. Saying that the servant may be the "key" they seek, the being sends Alfimi to retrieve it.

Testing is well underway for the G-Bison and G-Raptor, the two component units of the Grungust Type-3, which Bullet and Kusuha will be using. Things seem to be going smoothly, although Tasuku gripes about being one of the only people on the ship without a significant other present.

The Hiryu receives a call from Dr. Eri Anzai at the dig site in China, where they've succeeded in unearthing the Mechanoid's head. Citing the old legends that certain gifted individuals were the ones chosen to be its pilot, she'd like a couple of pilots with TK abilities to come to the site for a test. The ancient robot is completely inert and will certainly never move again, but she believes that if they can communicate with it, they may learn something about its enemies - possibly the Einst. Incidentally, there have been no Einst attacks at the site since the Hiryu's crew was last there - an odd coincidence. Lefina sends Bullet, Kusuha, Ryoto, and Rio to the site.

Somebody else has their eye on the dig site, however - Archibald, who's just about ready to make another grab for the Mechanoid. He warns Yuuki that any more meddling on his part will not be tolerated.

Dr. Anzai has anticipated trouble and tries to evacuate the dig, but not quickly enough to avoid the NDCs. Our people arrive on the scene just in time to see her taken hostage, and Archibald offers us a trade: her life for our machines. Bullet grudgingly accepts Archibald's terms, but is prepared to gamble that the NDCs don't know Kusuha and Rio are also in the two units. While preparing to take Bullet and Ryoto into custody, Carla notices the ruse, but is silenced by Yuuki before she gives anything away.

However, before anything can happen, Einst appear on the site. Archibald orders his people to prioritize protecting the Mechanoid, while Bullet hopes they can take advantage of the chaos to rescue Dr. Anzai.

Meanwhile, Kusuha is sure that she can hear something calling to her...

Objectives. We need to get somebody adjacent to Dr. Anzai's Tausendfussler, and do it within four turns for the mastery.

Cheu Hill looks roughly the same as last time. The transport is down in the southwest, surrounded by Guarlions. Archibald is up in the northwest in his R-Eins, and Yuuki and Carla are to the east (in a souped-up Rathgrith and Randgrith, respectively), along with a few unremarkable Lion/Landlion twins. Also to the east are our people in the Type-3 and Huckebein Gunner.

Also scattered around the map are half a dozen of these guys. The Einst Gemuet is a new unit; it's a bit beefier than the other Einst units, but isn't actually all that resilient despite looking like a suit of armor.

The situation's a little unusual in that the DCs and Einst are both enemy factions, but are distinct from each other - and in fact, the DCs will largely ignore us to focus on the others (although the Einst in turn will ignore the DCs to focus on us). Meanwhile, Yuuki and Carla are actually friendly NPCs, so we couldn't attack them if we wanted to.

Anyway, we have a battle mastery to earn. Ryoto heads for the transport while Bullet trudges along on foot. The Grungust Type-3 is more or less the same as Sanger's unit from the last mission, although it doesn't have a Zankanto of its own. You do get Kusuha as a sub-pilot, although there are few enough enemies that Bullet can get by with casting Grit every turn.

If we're doing this much damage at neutral morale, we shouldn't have much trouble picking these guys apart.

The Gemuet sort of flies apart and throws its pieces at you. In the original the floating pieces just tried to crush you. Here, however...

Its hands punch you a bit, and...

Yikes.

Enemy phase, the transport's guards slug it out with the nearby Einst.

It's... not an even match-up. Most of the DCs are out of their depth here.

Yuuki and Carla's underlings don't fare much better.

Although Carla herself is happy to toss Bullet a support defense.

She even has custom lines. "Bullet, hurry and get out of there!"

"Did I miss a step?" she says, as she gets nom'd by an eldritch abomination.

Meanwhile, Ryoto handles himself just fine.

As do Yuuki and Carla when their turns come up.

The two of them got a theme of their own for the remake, incidentally.

There's relatively little to be said about this part of the mission. The Einst are in small numbers and aren't that tough; Bullet (or Yuuki or Carla) could solo them all easily, so it's really just a question of grabbing kills before the DCs steal them from us.

There is the minor issue of actually accomplishing the objective, though. The DCs are considered enemies, so we can just kill one of the Guarlions easily enough, but there's a reason we don't want to do that.

So we're going to hide behind them instead.

The Einst will pursue Ryoto and head back towards the transport, the Guarlions will attack them, and the Einst make short work of the DCs.

Then Ryoto takes advantage of the gap.

:toot:

Secret Mechs (complete)
Step 1: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 8
Step 2: Force Yuuki and Carla to retreat on Mission 8
Step 3: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 9
Step 4: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 13
Step 5: Shoot down Yuuki or Carla on Mission 27 (Aviano route)
Step 5: On Mission 28 (Izu route), complete the battle mastery without shooting down any DC units

This sounds annoying on paper, but the Einst will eat the DC grunts for breakfast, so it's really not. As we've seen. Anyway, I'll probably be continuing off of the Aviano route and this will end up not mattering.

We've reached the transport...

...but then a psychic pulse washes over the field. At first Kusuha thinks they're being called, again, but this is different.

Alfimi: (The servant... has nearly awakened... but they may still be useful material...)

Kusuha: "A-a girl!?"
Bullet: "No, that's an Einst. I don't think she's human!"
Alfimi: "It is... not yet..."
Bullet: "What? What are you talking about!?"
Alfimi: "There is no need for an answer. You will now... sleep here. Forever."

Archibald: "Now this is troubling."
Yuuki: "Major, should we withdraw?"
Archibald: "No, I think we can benefit from the confusion. Buy us some time. Keep that Einst busy."
Yuuki: "...Roger."

Carla: "But Yuu... that red one's not an ordinary unit!"
Yuuki: "I know. But orders are orders. We'll have to carry them out."

Not for the first time, Carla wishes her cockpit had a Bitchslap Yuuki button.

Alfimi: (The guardian seeks... strength... the power of the mind... and the strongest here... is...)

Kusuha: "!"
Alfimi: "It's... you."

Kusuha: "B-Bullet... that girl. She's looking this way."
Bullet: "What!?"
Kusuha: "She's targeting us!"
Bullet: "Ryoto, Rio! We'll keep her busy! You rescue the professor!"
Ryoto: "B-but---"
Bullet: "Don't worry about us! We'll buy you time!"

So our new objective is to destroy Alfimi's Persoenlichkeit. Since we have all of two people and it regens 15k health per round, that's clearly not happening.

Thankfully there are just a couple of Einst left, so Bullet can just cast Grit every turn and turtle until the next event happens, since the DCs won't

god drat it i thought we were friends

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Most of the remaining DCs actually will go for Alfimi (and die), and Yuuki and Carla are still allied NPCs.

I wouldn't want to tank this for multiple turns without Grit, though. (Or Guard, but Kusuha doesn't have SP Regen yet.)

Five turns later...

Scene

quote:

Bullet is holding his own against Alfimi, but that changes when she forcibly overloads the Type-3's T-LINK system, nearly overcoming both him and Kusuha with the feedback. She quickly incapacitates the unit, then turns her attention to the burial site; some focused weapons fire unearths the heavily-damaged Mechanoid in short order.

She prepares to take it away, but Kusuha and Bullet both hear a voice in their minds - that of the Mechanoid, which offers them its power if they will use it to protect the Earth. After brief hesitation, they agree, and the Mechanoid takes the damaged Grungust into itself, awakening fully and repairing its own functions. Its power quickly proves too much for Alfimi to stand against; she summons more Einst and withdraws, warning the Mechanoid not to stand in their way as she leaves.

The Hiryu arrives on the scene, and Archibald orders an immediate withdrawal of the surviving DC forces. Still, this is the third time he's been humiliated by these people...

So now all we have to do is clear the field. We have a bunch more Einst to deal with, neatly divided by type. None of that really matters to us, though, because these guys are just here for our new toy to play with.

Kusuha gets to pilot the Ryu-Ko-Oh, while Bullet gets the Ko-Ryu-Oh. The RKO is a bit more heavily-armored and has a greater focus on ranged weapons, while the KRO has another 20 points of mobility and After-Image, and has more of a melee focus. Not that any of that matters, because this is now officially Kusuha's mech and Bullet's there as an SP battery. :colbert:

Both pilots have max morale, so we can jump right in with the super moves. Kusuha used the RKO's finisher against Alfimi, but now we can see the dynamic finish.

The animation's pretty much the same, except for the RKO standing in the rubble and roaring at the end.

This Boosted Hammer interlude brought to you by Excellen.

The non-finisher version of the RyuOh Hazanken has a smaller blade.

Unfortunately it's a regular energy vacuum, but thankfully the RKO has an ammo-based attack. It can drop mountains on enemies.

Yes, really.

Obligatory boob lunge.

"Doo dee doo, slow day today, can't wait until my shift is up and I can head back to Einstland for aome---"

"WHAT THE poo poo"

In the video you can see the RKO's tail wagging. It's so proud of itself. :3:

I guess I should show off some Bullet too. You can transform between the Ryo-Ko-Oh and Ko-Ryu-Oh at any time - although they share their HP and EN totals, so if Kusuha's burned through all of the unit's energy there'll be none left for Bullet. (Not that there should be anything left for Bullet to do when she's finished, anyway... :smaug:)

Anyway, we saw Tyrant Overbreak during the cutscene, and the recording went nuts with deinterlacing again, so I'll give you the short version.

Bullet goes Super Saiyan.

scratch hiss claw

Then he conjures up some magic nunchaku and goes nuts.

Then he conjures up a magic javelin and goes nuts some more.

He slams into the target and proceeds to dig a tunnel using the target's body.

Helped out a little bit by the large drill in the KRO's right hand.

Victory roar.

This doesn't get a dynamic finish, further bearing out my statement that Kusuha is the real pilot here. :colbert:

He can use the weapons individually too. The Sonic Javelin is pretty sexy.

But I'm not sure what kind of name "Random Spike" is for a pair of nunchuks.

Anyway, things continue until all the Einst are dead. With the area cleared of enemies, the Hiryu confirms that Eri's staff are alive and well, then brings the transport into the hangar.

Closing

quote:

The crew marvels over their latest acquisition, and Kirk notes that the Type-3's systems seem to have been seamlessly integrated into the Mechanoid's. Eri is more interested in the warning Kusuha and Bullet heard about the "gods of calamity" that will threaten the Earth - possibly the Einst, although that would mean they have something much worse in store than what we've already seen. Lefina agrees to take Dr. Anzai on with the crew for the time being.

The Hiryu receives a transmission from Aviano, notifying them of the Shirogane's capture. Kyosuke has some suspicions about the people who took it...

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 18, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ryu! Ko! Oh! :black101:

Ancient Chinese Super Robot! It can't not be cool.

I always use Koryuoh to build up Will at the start of the stage, cause Kushua has high Will requirements on most of her attacks.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
So Kusuha being better than Bullet just in general aside, what is the balance between RKO and KRO like in this? I rather vividly remember KRO being amazingly better than RKO in the GBA game and being kinda disappointed that I was using Bullet so much more. But that was basically because KRO's lower will requirements not only let you bust out the top end moves faster, it's top weapons were generally not that far behind the much harder to use ones on RKO. In fact I remember Tyrant Breaker outdamaging all of RKO's attacks.

Er, that was a bit of a ramble. But I've been wondering since we started OG2 if it shifted the balance around at all or if KRO is still better in a vacuum.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

CmdrKing posted:

So Kusuha being better than Bullet just in general aside, what is the balance between RKO and KRO like in this? I rather vividly remember KRO being amazingly better than RKO in the GBA game and being kinda disappointed that I was using Bullet so much more. But that was basically because KRO's lower will requirements not only let you bust out the top end moves faster, it's top weapons were generally not that far behind the much harder to use ones on RKO. In fact I remember Tyrant Breaker outdamaging all of RKO's attacks.

Er, that was a bit of a ramble. But I've been wondering since we started OG2 if it shifted the balance around at all or if KRO is still better in a vacuum.

No, you're not crazy. KRO was arguably better in GBA OG2, mainly due to Bullet having a better Ace bonus, not splitting its attacks between Melee and Ranged (which means Bullet is doing more damage overall), and simply being fast as hell on top of an Afterimage. It was a lot more efficient to spend Kusuha's skill slots and PP on Focus, SP Regen, and SP+9 so she could cast Love repeatedly while Bullet basically teleported across the map and chain attacked everything to death.

It turns out you can do a lot more damage if your finisher uses your primary attack stat.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh hey it's the only cool thing related to Bullet, now to relegate him to never seeing combat and being Kusuha's bitch.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
Both a max moral? How boring, in Alpha 3 when you get the Shin Ryukooh Kusuha starts with 300 moral.

But yeah, it's a little weird that, while being mostly ranged focused, the Ryukooh's strongest attacks use the meele stat,

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 had four Originals, two supers and two reals, one of each with a melee focus and another with a ranged focus. Ranged supers don't get to do as much damage as the pure melee supers and they don't get to be as sustainable as the reals or to have as much range, plus they have to balance two attack stats. This results in the ranged super as the one that ends up feeling a little all over the place compared to how focused the other three units are.

So the original version of this stage was way back in Alpha 1, and in it Count Brocken from Mazinger Z was the one after the chinese mechanoids. The Dragon and Tiger were each their own separate units and he was controlling them remotely. Long story short: it was Kusuha piloting the Type 2 who used the T-Link system to help them break free of Brocken's control. Then they combine, Bullet becomes a Subpilot, and only later do they decide to repurpose the (completely unseen in-game) Grungust Type 3's convenient two-seater equipment for the Ryukooh.

I think I like this version of the story better. You don't get to see the individual Dragon and Tiger component units, but I like that they outright absorb both components of the Type 3 to repair themselves and turn into a souped up Grungust with ancient magic powers. In my ideal version of the story, you'd get to rescue the Dragon and Tiger both then repair them using the Grungust components to turn them into a two seater, it's a little too convenient that they're already a combiner for my liking.

Also, because they are originally from different games, everything about the Einst being enemies with the Dragon and Tiger gods is entirely new to this game.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 18, 2016

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
RKO's finisher is also weaker than Tyrant Overbreak if you fully upgrade them thanks to some fuckery with the upgrade tiers. They fix it in the next game, though. RKO also kind of suffers from being ranged, but Kusuha doesn't come with Hit and Away, but the finishers are post-move so it's not super useful to give her it, so... And the first three OG games heavily favor dodge-tanking over regular tanking.

They work the balance out by 2ndOG, at least. Which is good, because RKO looks cool as hell.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I really hope they have custom soundtrack support for Moon Dwellers. I have the lyrical versions of so many songs that need to be paired with the proper mechs.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, interesting fact about The Inspector anime adaptation. For some strange reason, this whole sequence of events gets delayed until much later in the game's timeline and takes place over Winnipeg, Canada instead of the middle of China. The anime also opts to attempt to make the Einst more interesting (to which I ask Mr. Obari: "WHY?") by...making the Einst attack more like someone unleashed the Totally Not T-Virus on Winnipeg and mutating people into Einst/human/zombie things. The anime also gives voices to RKO/KRO, with their voice actors allegedly being Masami Obari and series producer Takanobu Terada. Sadly, there's been no real confirmation on if it was actually them or which one they voiced.

But yes, Kusuha has her wheels (and personal battery pack voiced by Sugita) now. May many a mountain crush our enemies under foot now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hunter Noventa posted:

I really hope they have custom soundtrack support for Moon Dwellers. I have the lyrical versions of so many songs that need to be paired with the proper mechs.

Also give back Time Diver to Viletta.

(No, I'm never gonna let this go. Woman the Cool Spy has a better name but isn't as good dammit! :colbert:)

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Seyser Koze posted:

Not that any of that matters, because this is now officially Kusuha's mech and Bullet's there as an SP battery. :colbert:

RKO being mostly pre-movement ranged-based (with its pilot not having Hit&Away, to boot), Kusuha overall having the cheaper Spirits, KRO having the larger movement area, and the simple fact that you're just getting up in their face and beating the living gently caress out of their poo poo with a giant Tiger mech says otherwise. :colbert: Unless this version of the game has changed any of that...?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SorataYuy posted:

RKO being mostly pre-movement ranged-based (with its pilot not having Hit&Away, to boot), Kusuha overall having the cheaper Spirits, KRO having the larger movement area, and the simple fact that you're just getting up in their face and beating the living gently caress out of their poo poo with a giant Tiger mech says otherwise. :colbert: Unless this version of the game has changed any of that...?

Well these are all very good points. Allow me to respond with a counter.

gently caress Bullet.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that half the thread has this weird obsession with hating Bullet, down to the point where they'd outright lie that a unit was better despite being demonstrably worse in almost every way. We get it, you hate Bullet. Shut up and get on with your life.

Mountain Pressure is a MAP weapon, which hasn't been covered. RKO can fly, but it doesn't have as large of a move radius as KRO. Those are the upsides to RKO. It's Super Robot Wars. Use it if you want; it's not a bad unit. It's just strictly worse than KRO, and Accuracy +10% Critical +10% is strictly superior to Defense +10% Experience +10% seriously what the gently caress where they THINKING

You'd seriously have to TRY to make a worse Ace bonus than Kusuha's. She seriously got robbed in so many ways, including not being the protagonist of her own story anymore.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah. Like, Bullet doesn't really work for me as a character but as a stat stick he's the better pilot (EDIT: Now that the game has decided to actually get him out of ranged mechs he is absolutely lovely as gently caress in, that is). Likewise, I'm not fond of KRO's design compared to RKO, but it's where you're going to be doing most of your facewrecking with that mech.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 19, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, there's no real reason to use RKO over KRO in OG2 or even OGs2 where RKO is better than it was in OG2. It gets better in later games where RKO gets some much needed improvements but not really in OG2.RKO isn't bad but the fact that you have to pick one makes the high-damage beatstick with afterimage a much better choice.

In theory RKO should be better at sweeping and KRO at single damage but this doesn't really pan out very often. I think Alpha 3 is the only one where it really does and even then Kusuha's probably better than Bullet due to having way more of the game to build up. It's especially bad in OG2 where Kohryuoh is one of the only units to have a really worthwhile chain attack which actually makes him a better mook sweeper than RKO. :smith:

That said I still try to use Kusuha if just because I desperately want to wrest the role of protagonist back from Bullet.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 19, 2016

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Yeah, Like I said, they work the balance out in 2ndOG, so defense is useful, Bullet doesn't have as good of an ace bonus, and RKO has more raw power. You've still got the problem with RKO splitting stats and Kusuha not coming with Hit and Away, but that's less of an issue (especially when you can just twin Kusuha with someone with Hit and Away and just switch who's in front).

Here, though? KRO is just straight up better. Doesn't stop anyone from using RKO because of favoritism, because if we didn't have favoritism where would SRW be?, but it's just not as good.

EDIT: Back in Alpha the idea was that KRO was for building will and RKO was for bosses. Of course, back in Alpha terrain rankings mattered and being in the air was flat-out better than being on the ground. They flip that in Alpha 3, where Kusuha gets all the ALLs and the MAP while Bullet gets the single-target damage, but OG2 comes out when there are a bunch of buffs to being on the ground and tier fuckery makes KRO better at single target while still being better at sweeping. (SRKO in a game with Hit and Away is going to loving own, though)

MarsDragon fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 19, 2016

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Back in Alpha 1, RKO was one of the few units that could oneshot the end boss who would normally stall you by spamming regeneration spirits, IIRC. Of course, the problem with that game is that you could just as easily make Bullet the pilot of RKO and Kusuha the sub with KRO. :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
I don't get why Mountain Crush isn't a MAP.
Also, G-Bison doesn't have legs :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Wounded Land posted:

I keep on wanting to say "It is!" but I'm confusing it with the Shin Ryukooh version. RKO has a map weapon, at least, with a similar range.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wounded Land posted:

Welcome to Banpresto Attack Description Logic, where a giant gently caress-off sword the size of a city block can only hit one single target, while firing a machine gun wildly will somehow hit multiple targets. They've never been consistent when it comes to what's a single target attack or what's an ALL attack.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

AradoBalanga posted:

Welcome to Banpresto Attack Description Logic, where a giant gently caress-off sword the size of a city block can only hit one single target, while firing a machine gun wildly will somehow hit multiple targets. They've never been consistent when it comes to what's a single target attack or what's an ALL attack.

See also: Attack that is an explosion the size of a small city easily dodged by moving slightly backwards and to the right.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

See also: Attack that is an explosion the size of a small city easily dodged by moving slightly backwards and to the right.

I don't think we even have to mention Black Hole Cluster or Degeneration Cannon, do we?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's practically Chinese tradition to have a buff dude fight another dude for like 20 hours straight, so glad to see Bullet doing his part to keep it up.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
Sad news, everyone: Yuko Mizutani, Excellen's VA, died earlier this week to breast cancer. gently caress cancer forever.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
:smith:

I suppose I should get back to work on this, shouldn't I.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Seyser Koze posted:

:smith:

I suppose I should get back to work on this, shouldn't I.

Don't worry, we're patient. We're English SRW fans, we'd have to be to not go insane.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Don't worry, we're patient. We're English SRW fans, we'd have to be to not go insane.

Patient? poo poo, I'm still waiting for that Endless Frontier 2 localization to come out (even though I'm aware it probably never will. :( )

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SorataYuy posted:

Patient? poo poo, I'm still waiting for that Endless Frontier 2 localization to come out (even though I'm aware it probably never will. :( )

On the plus, it's a DS game and those have been successfully ripped. It's just a matter of finding a translation team willing to deal with Kaguya's enormous blocks of code.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

KataraniSword posted:

On the plus, it's a DS game and those have been successfully ripped. It's just a matter of finding a translation team willing to deal with Kaguya's enormous blocks of code.

That's a hell of an Endless Frontier-esque euphemism right there, that is.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
So I was going to do an update today and go back to my weekly schedule. Then I discover that the laptop I use for video capture/screenshotting/etc. took the liberty of installing Windows 10 while I was out of town for work, and now it takes an extra 5-10 seconds to bring up the Save As dialog in VirtualDub every single time I take a screenshot.

So yeah, there might be a slight delay.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Seyser Koze posted:

So I was going to do an update today and go back to my weekly schedule. Then I discover that the laptop I use for video capture/screenshotting/etc. took the liberty of installing Windows 10 while I was out of town for work, and now it takes an extra 5-10 seconds to bring up the Save As dialog in VirtualDub every single time I take a screenshot.

So yeah, there might be a slight delay.

Do you have an external drive or something to see if saving the pictures into it speeds things up? It worked for me when recording Z stuff on my crap (auto-windows 10'd) laptop.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Mmmm, it's definitely no fun how Windows 10 takes weirdly longer to do basic things usually taken for granted - I personally am not a fan of how it takes longer for it to find programs when searching through the start menu.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
And everyone who stuck with Windows XP all these years is like "I came here to laugh at you." :char:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't upgrade to Windows 10 because it kills my network card for some reason! Woo!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

When I had to make a backup laptop recently I took a lot of trouble to dig up a clean copy of Windows 7.

I'm glad of that decision. (it doesn't even bug me about upgrading!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
*insert Silent Hill 2 joke about former presence and current absence of post*

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 30, 2016

• Locked thread