Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
There is one really, really stupid plot change in OGs that annoys me, but that's not till probably months from now. It's a shame we never got this overseas though, played the GBA ones and loved them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I forget, how soon till we get to the best character in OG1? 3 chapters or so?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I forgot that Garnet and company (aka best pilot and deadweight) showed up this early. They are really just the best, and the currently unnamed little girl is one of my favorite characters.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Latooni is the rare child prodigy character that is actually well written and explained beyond "magically just that good." She's one of my favorite characters.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I can't wait until Latooni can get a real mech and become an unstoppable force of destruction.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
God dammit Sanger, you're working for the "obviously evil" faction, look at friggin' Tenzan.

And oh, so it's that time already? Next mission REALLY sucks, but has one of my favorite moments in the game.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
This mission REALLY sucks, but I love the little character bits. Latooni is the best. :3:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
That would involve actually using Garnet though.

Put Latooni in it instead.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I somehow completely forgot about Lune and Valsione.

This was. an experience.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I honestly wish we could excise the ATX poo poo from OG2, but that's not for a long time.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

The thing that really soured me on Excellen/Kyosuke was a plotline in OG2 and OGG which I can't discuss because spoilers but put them way into "okay, I'm tired of these guys now" camp.

Yeah, we should probably not have this conversation for a long time because that poo poo is probably what got most of us sick of those two. ...And it only gets WORSE in this game.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I... actually liked said spoilers better in OG2 as compared to the remake where it felt like he just turned into Not-Kyosuke, buuuut again, a long, long time coming.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
And now I want to see Platinum Robo in a SRW game.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, who's ready for the Kyosuke and evil-totally not Kyosuke show? Because oh god OG2. Please take all the not-ATX routes please.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, what in the hell is this, where is OG2, and why do we have weird psychic twins where the sister's got incest vibes?

Villain Group count: 2
1: Divine Crusaders - Rebelling again because ???
2: Axel and his mystery Ws. - No loving clue what their deal is. Working with the DCs?

gently caress off, Axel Almer.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I prefer having the scenes split up at their appropriate spots in the post. It's a lot easier to follow.

Also gently caress off, Axel Almer. I'm glad the remake at least hasn't changed how much of a dumbass he is.

So... when does OG2 actually start?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Huh. They made Lee actually kinda competent this time around. Go figure.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I always forget Ibis is even in this game, she's basically completely inconsequential.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
We're getting the gang back together. But god dammit, I forgot how stupid Ryusei got over the AngelG. Of course he would.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Yay more time wasted on filler with the boring as poo poo TD crew :suicide: Who thought giving them more time was good...

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I completely forgot about this enemy faction entirely. So for those who aren't paying attention, we're up to the Neo DC, the assholes from the school under the Neo DCs, the mysterious "Shadows" backing them, the Einst, and now these jerks.

This game is absurdly complicated.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh hey the first of the two OG Remake plot changes that piss me off.

gently caress off Axel Almer. This is where they start forgetting he's an antagonist and the complete re-write he gets annoys me.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 24, 2016

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Actually, I figured out what really annoys me about his re-write.

He's basically kinda-evil-except-not-really-evil Kyosuke now and is so much blander for it.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Glazius posted:

So, we've got the DC, our dimensional friends, and these space cops out to bust us for the heinous and capital crime of not dyin'. That's a pretty good antag squad.

No, no, it's not NEARLY that simple.

The big lovely list of people whose asses we need to kick:

The Neo-Divine Crusaders
-The assholes from the School (and get Seolla and Ouka back)
Desperado PMC The Shadows that are backing them
Possibly the jerks at Isurugi Industries who are also backing them

Those unaffiliated assholes with the evil samurai mech that kicked Bullet's rear end in the prologue chapters

The Einst

The Inspectors
-Possibly related to the Guests led by Nibhal whatshisname

And by the way we're still not out of enemy factions. Oh boy are some of the biggest assholes yet to come. Remember Dr. Egret..? :suicide:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Sleigh is the worst and the entire TD arc is terrible to the point I wish it was just excised from the game. Ibis basically warmed the bench the entire game except when she was force deployed for me in the GBA version.

Also it's really weird they just give us Ratsel instead of Elzam in this game. Where the hell did Elzam go anyways?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Hunter Noventa posted:

Awwww yeah Fairlions. :getin:

I can not wait till the next stage. :allears:

Also Sleigh is just a total bitch and there is no defending this plotline.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I don't think she technically survived, if I was reading that correctly, but part of Judecca fell to earth and started regenerating itself.. including the pilot. Dr. Kobyashi found it before it could regen the killer robot part and pull Mai out, much to his surprise.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Machinery Children, huh? Surely that won't come into play any time soon. :suicide:

But yeah, I'm not really fond of the Axel re-write in this game. He's gone from lovable lunatic to Evil Kyosuke and become so much more boring for it.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh please say we're doing Aviano first. We get the best robots there.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
The Royal Heartbreaker is the greatest combination attack, and the Fairlions are amazing. :allears:

Also Latooni's crush on Ryusei is cute, and I'm glad it never gets creepy.

...Meanwhile Carla and Yuuki are the dumbest. Hey, you're working for a terrorist who was about to blow up a city just because. YOU ARE NOT THE GOOD GUYS.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 7, 2016

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Leeeee! And this is why people hate Lee so much.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Let's just not mention Egret's kids... oh god, that gives me some PTSD to OG2 on GBA.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Kenzo Kobayashi, parent of the year.

But yeah oh god the Machinery Children, fuuuuck their bullshit forever, they were a pain in the rear end in OG2, and it looks like the remake just made them worse. On the bright side, we've finally completed our big long list of people that need their asses kicked. (Each with multiple commanders who all need to get shot out of the sky)

The Neo-Divine Crusaders
-Argilla and Cuervo for their School bullshit
-The Machinery Children
-That random samurai rear end in a top hat from the pre-prologue.

The Shadow Mirrors
The Inspectors
The Einst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Kenzo Kobayashi: Continuining to earn the Gendo Ikari award for terrible parenting right here.

God, I forget how long till Argilla gets down, but she's easily one of the top 3 people you just want to murder in this game.

• Locked thread