Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey it's OGS!
I loved OG1/2, It was a lot more comfortable playing with entirely new characters than having to know all Mech anime minutiae from the last 30 years.

And maybe because I played it in my massive weaboo phase. Still a good game(s) though, and I still love the mech designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seyser Koze posted:

Most Gespenst units have something better to put against people's heads at close range.

Yes.
Like their feet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I love the ATX team. It's like they can't decide if they want to be a prototype testing unit or a comedy troupe.

So they do both.

Looking forward to seeing a lot posts about the honcho now too :allears:

Not yet.
He'll do well enough to introduce himself on his own.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vibratingsheep posted:

I love Rai! He has a German last name, therefore he is one of the most overpowered characters in the OG series.

He Isnt his brother.
Therefore he isnt OP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Never did like the SRX b-team.
Though Latooni is a super dodge machine. Literally the best dodge tank in OG.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah but they all ride high damage output mechs. Dodge Tank is there to look like an weak target and put out that essential scratch damage so the big bots can do clean up sweeps and not waste time and resources on chaff.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 18, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vibratingsheep posted:

I guess that also eliminates Excellen from consideration too, since she also has 10-14 higher dodge than Dodge Tank at all times?

Well yeah but Excellen is usually a unit I dont want to suffer bad RNG with, Dodge tank is expendable but highly useful.

This is making me want to replay the game again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its like Xenosaga crashed head-on into ZoE.

And then someone made something of the scrap.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yesss The Alt is here.
I absolutely love the Alt, such a ridiculous machine.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ActionZero posted:

I will fight you irl.

I'll join him in defending the Alt :colbert:.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Infinity Gaia posted:

The absolute last thing Ryusei pilots, which hasn't even shown up in OGverse yet, is like ten times as cool as the Alteisen. Easily.

Oooh, mind telling?
SRX Banpreios? or something else?

I still like the Alt quite a bit more than that hunk of bulk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Good. Gooooood. We aren't even close to Maximum Sanger yet. :allears:

What are you talking about?
Sanger hits multiple peaks and keeps on climbing aftet them.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mister Olympus posted:

Which clearly means Russel is the freeze ray thing--nobody ever cares about him, and if he does something everyone's all "huh? this existed?"

(They always forget the freeze ray. And the missiles.)

But the rockets I remember were also Punch Rockets.

And then Mazinger was a Giant Golden Fist.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

legoman727 posted:

I can't wait until Latooni can get a real mech and become an unstoppable force of destruction.

She never gets Valor or any spirit that really matters so when it comes to HOT-BLOODED ENGINES OF DESTRUCTION She's the mook clean-up, but still a damned good mook clean upper.

If only she was more like Chirico (In SRW Z that guy is all crits all the time. Doing as much damage as the best supers a size S mech? Yes please).

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 8, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AtomikKrab posted:

Gilliam is pretty loving manly, wait till you see what HE can do.

even so :argh:

He's an aggressor. It really should be enough.

That being said at this point what that really entails beyond 'is a goddamn badass' hasn't been told to us.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 26, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id say dont spoil anything because if anything OG has going absolutely great for it it is the mech designs and theur attacks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The great thing about the Cybuster is that it attacks and has defenses like a super, but dodges like a real.
It's absolutely the crutch to lean on (if you want to) in the Ryusei route.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 17, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well on-paper The Cybuster beats out the Alt in all stats but armor, which it matches -~50 points.
In OG1 I never had to worry much about it, since it either dodged or lost about an 1/5 of HP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Defense wise theres a ~20 difference. With Kyo having the higher.

Anyways It wont reach Grungust levels of Tanky survival (not much can) but at least it can match the Alt while having the formers damage output.

Also a Map weapon. Which is always a plus.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 17, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

Isn't OGs 2 the one with Kenshiro, giant mecha version amongst other things?
Also, can I have the proper name for the Clusterfuckebein so I can do an image search? You got me curious.

Burnkwaran, burn burn burn-burn-buuuuurn.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Metal Destroyer is cool because it makes the Barrelion look flaccid and incompetent in comparison.

And for another goodgreat Amazing team up it has.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Too many pilots and it just becomes dumb. Doesnt Dancouga Nova Max God (Buddha Shiva YHWH...)have something like 5 or 6 pilots?

This aint super sentai. Its giant mecha anime.

And I think the OGs thus far dont really lend themselves to a Voltron type dealie. Three is a good max number for OG gattai shenanigans.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 26, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CaptainRat posted:

Mazinger/Getter/Gundam is the popular conception of the foundation of the genre, but I would argue that Combattler/Voltes are almost as important, and those are both 5-seaters. It'd be out of place in OG1, sure, but the series long ago passed the point of "realistic" and "plausible" and having a bunch of the 2nd/3rd-tier scrub pilots combining into some weird multi-pilot Gespent combination is no weirder than the fact that those pilots are still around.

Realistic and plausible never really were on the table to begin with.

Its just that none of the OG originals have that sort of 5+ man team dynamic good enough for a big old combiner. And the 2nd/3rd tier scrubs arent that interesting to begin with, quantity not amounting to Quality and all that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CaptainRat posted:

Pilot skill-wise, Lucky, in addition to guaranteeing a critical hit, also causes an enemy miss. Which makes it pretty comical for Tasuku to have given that he's piloting one of the least mobile things in the game.

They really should have made misses on Supers just Glancing hits for 0 damage.
Unless the attack is Supreme typed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

iirc there is no type-specific defense/skills to supreme typed attacks.Also it might pierce barriers/have some special defense interaction.

Its reserved for big assed attacks/attacks that dont really fit in a typing like Metal destroyer or the alts special ace in the hole.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man I forgot Ingram's O-Face.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HAH

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's a super sazabi.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Broken Loose posted:

This Katina worship/Bullet crucifixion is getting out of hand.

Bullet lacks:
-Hot blood
-Passion for victory
-Explosive emotions
-overeagerness to use force
-An interesting personality

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well yeah no poo poo. She a part of the routes B Team.

But shes still more interesting/entertaining that Bullet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man at this point in the game you don't even have a reason to keep Kyosuke in the Alteisen. Just toss Katina in that thing. It's red, it has a weapon that benefits from assail, it's reasonably tanky for this part of the game, it's great.

The most fun I had with OG was putting everyone in the wrong mechs whenever I could. It's not like it's enough of a hard game that you can't spend a mission having some fun with Kyosuke and Excellen in each others units.

Must terminate all Barrelions with extreme prejudice. Which is why i must have perfect efficiency.

And while it may not be the hardest game of its type some battle masteries on hard are absolute dicks to get.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vibratingsheep posted:

There's one version of it here. It has a ton of spoilers for attacks and characters that don't happen until OGS2, but it is also 5 minutes of pure super robot carnage with 10 pilots getting in on the action. Alternate tags are "why you should turn animations off toward the end of the game" and "Stop, stop, he's already dead"

Super spoiler attacks go!

This one is suuuuuuper spoilery for every reason ever concievable.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 9, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ashram posted:

Well, it does feature the two most famous (and well known) combination attacks in SRW history.

Which arent covered by the LP yet.
So still spoilery.

(There was this one person who did not know Aerith died)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fot me it is the lack of vocaloid singing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sanger is the type of person that would hand-sharpen the Zankantou.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CmdrKing posted:

Welp, he didn't get thrown out an airlock, buuuuuuuuuuut evil was verily smote. I'll take it.

Well forced throwing out by way of ship cleaving sword does technically fulfill that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Unit bloat is the absolute worst thing about SRPGs.
Especially in SRW where A list pilots and mech are leaps and bounds ahead if B and under listers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rorahusky posted:

Ahahaha, yessss. The Alt vs R-1 cutscene... or as I like to call it, The World's Most One-Sided Draw.

Seriously, Ryusei gets his poo poo wreeeecked in that cutscene. All he manages to do is knock off one of the Alt's arms, and he ends up getting staked and eating a face full of Claymores for his trouble.

I like this point in the game because it means that the Kyosuke route is going to get a lot more...lethal.

And not for the player.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought SRW didnt involve any sentai franchises.

So why is rita repulsa there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Russel and Rio

• Locked thread