Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Unboxing Day posted:

first 48 supremacy

- they catch murderers instead of weedheads
- there's usually so much corroborating evidence that it's obvious the dude is guilty
- every few episodes the cops find someone they're sure is guilty at first but then finds evidences that exonerates them and they let em go

isn't first 48 the show where they never catch anyone, i swear i've never seen an episode that didn't end on "well poo poo that's two days, trail's cold boys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHb2_P1Xd7g

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

hemophilia posted:

Bait car sucks hard. You need world's dumbest.

bait car rules, world's dumbest sucks because every clip is narrated by 'comedians' who make larry the cable guy look like george carlin

kicking rad
Oct 11, 2008
mookface is a bad boy, but what ya gonna do :effort:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

snortpocket posted:

bait car rules, world's dumbest sucks because every clip is narrated by 'comedians' who make larry the cable guy look like george carlin

They must be real fat

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Reading this thread and watching The Shield is an interesting experience.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!
America is a bad place and our police are better equipped than most major modern armies and call their fellow citizens "civilians".*

They use this power to let Steven Segal drive a tank into a man's home nearly killing him for television* and other noble pursuits because you can become a cop with nothing more than a GED and a state mandated low IQ*.

*these things are real and true lol*

*By lol I mean please come help us, UN? Europe? poo poo sucks here.

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 10, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cops are lovely people.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
campus pd is a good show, however

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

isn't first 48 the show where they never catch anyone, i swear i've never seen an episode that didn't end on "well poo poo that's two days, trail's cold boys"

I remember that happening once, but it's the exception, not the rule.

They usually don't stop at the first 48 though, they just recount all that happened in the first 48 and then continue on from there, days, weeks or even months later in some cases. most cases are either wrapped up in the first 48 or only take a few more days though.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

snortpocket posted:

they aren't comedians so much as washed up has-been z-list people who were notable 30 years ago, including a woman who is mostly famous for having someone else beaten up so they couldn't play in the olympics. That stuff is also good though because you can see the reeking desperation coming through their eyes as these people work for less than street whores while commenting on dumb things. If you enjoy cops for the human suffering, world's dumbest is best-in-show, plus you get people who are visibly suffering and dead on the inside.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Too bad they don't show the end of that angel dust-busting up fences segment. There's a lady cop in it that's p. hot.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lol if you sympathize with criminals

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Raku posted:

lol if you sympathize with criminals

We are all criminals. You most of all.

*takes huge bong rip*

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cesar Cedeno posted:

America is a bad place and our police are better equipped than most major modern armies and call their fellow citizens "civilians".*

They use this power to let Steven Segal drive a tank into a man's home nearly killing him for television* and other noble pursuits because you can become a cop with nothing more than a GED and a state mandated low IQ*.

*these things are real and true lol*

*By lol I mean please come help us, UN? Europe? poo poo sucks here.

I know right. Everyone without a high school diploma should just go directly to jail.

Edit: I think they actually did that in USSR.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

It is a special day when I can actually make it to work in the mornings without being shot at by the police.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
The local cops were hiring one time so checked it out bc I was unemployed & it turned out they required at the very minimum an Associate's degree and really preferred a Bachelor's. I didn't apply bc I got hired soon after

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

THE PENETRATOR posted:

campus pd is a good show, however

My (former) apartment complex was on that show, twice IIRC. :)

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

platedlizard posted:

The local cops were hiring one time so checked it out bc I was unemployed & it turned out they required at the very minimum an Associate's degree and really preferred a Bachelor's. I didn't apply bc I got hired soon after

That, folks, is what you call an anecdote.

Most only require a GED.

http://discoverpolicing.org/what_does_take/?fa=requirements

And for the best one ever the US Capitol Police requirements:

http://www.uscapitolpolice.gov/minimum_qualifications.php

MadMattH fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 11, 2014

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Best episode of cops was when the guy busts a tranny hooker in some Mexican bar with no furnishings. The hooker was wearing only a wig and a tutu and is like 6'9". He has to reach under the guy's tutu. He turns to the camera and says deadpan "this is the worst part of the job."

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

FuhrerHat posted:

theres an episode where some homeless guy is being a creep outside a store so the cops roll up and ask him what the deal

and hes like "im waitin for the president to pick me up in a limo"

so the cops say "uhhh ok well the president told me he was gonna pick you up over there *points to alley off the main street*"

and the crazy guy goes "oh!!! thanks!!!!" and goes over there with a smile on his face

and the cops high five job well done

lol

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm a jerk.

I love(d) Cops, Cheaters and the occasional Jerry Springer episode.

Our criminal justice system is indeed broken though.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm a jerk.

I love(d) Cops, Cheaters and the occasional Jerry Springer episode.

Our criminal justice system is indeed broken though.

I knew a dude that was on Springer one time. He was the one who's kid was loving his step-mom.

I later met Jerry Springer at some thing when he was running for office again in Ohio. I was the very last one in line to get my picture taken with him shaking hands.

Jerry Springer: "Great! Hope I can get your vote!"

Me: "I live in another state and I can't vote for you."

You could see the utter disappointment in his eyes and he just sort of slouched a bit. He had just waited like 3 hours basically letting people shake his hand and get their picture with him. By the time I had showed up there were only like 5 people left in the line and I only had to wait maybe 10 min. I ate my lunch while waiting.

I can always say that I made Jerry Springer slightly discouraged.

MadMattH fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 11, 2014

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
"Here is the cocaine we planted on the suspect earlier."

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Awesome Welles posted:

COPS was better when they showed a bit more of cops loving up or owning themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGUoRd6eCg

lol

I loved the one where a cop tries to drive across a field of dry grass while chasing some dude in a pickup and ends up stopping in the middle of the field, then the hot exhaust pipe ignites the grass and his car burns to the ground. When the ammo in his trunk started exploding, people on the radio started freaking out about gunshots... :v:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
my favorite episode was the one where there was a mime making fun of the cop and the cop eventually just beat the guy down and arrested him

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

jesus loving christ i cant stop laughing at this

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Wait, is COPS still on? No way is it still on!

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

holy gently caress get this man on a plane st. louis right now

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Iamblikhos posted:

Wait, is COPS still on? No way is it still on!

Between spike, fx and whatever g4 is now isn't cops on in perpetuity? Like there is never a moment of life without cops being broadcast somewhere. If you mean still in production then no, cops wrapped it up a year or two ago I believe.

One of my favorite things about cops is the awesome time capsule it can serve as, I recently saw an episode featuring plain clothes NYPD circa 89-90 and the fashion and hair cuts were absolutely amazing.

I once got pulled over at 17-18 for a busted headlight and got the cops camera crew, I didn't fight or get a ticket or anything so I'm certain nothing came of it.

If you want a new spin on the entertainment of cops check out Navajo Cops, my roommate found it on netflix, he's from an area right around the Rez so he kept looking for old friends. It's just like normal cops but pretty much every call is of the drunken white trash disturbance variety. One call was about a possible axe attack and ended with a lady so drunk she ran over her own head(I know right?) and another call had a guy who was maybe 80 but looked 180 drunkenly chasing around his neighbors with a farming tractor cause they "stole things from my house." That one ends with cop politely telling the man that if property were actually taken to call the police and chasing with tractors is wrong.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Between spike, fx and whatever g4 is now isn't cops on in perpetuity? Like there is never a moment of life without cops being broadcast somewhere. If you mean still in production then no, cops wrapped it up a year or two ago I believe.

new season started in july, cops 4ever bitch

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nothing tops "I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS!!!!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXbEVT7o4U

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 11, 2014

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

but seriously, lockup: extended stay is easily the best 'dont commit crimes while poor' show

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

i like how the guy is about to kneel down after getting tazed and the cops just knock him over instead. then while he is on the ground one cop is trying to roll him over while saying "turn around" while the other cop has his knee in the guy's back so he can't roll over lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

soscannonballs posted:

i like how the guy is about to kneel down after getting tazed and the cops just knock him over instead. then while he is on the ground one cop is trying to roll him over while saying "turn around" while the other cop has his knee in the guy's back so he can't roll over lol

The tazer didn't connect properly, rendering it completely ineffective.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

soscannonballs posted:

GET DOWN. STAND UP.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

snortpocket posted:

new season started in july, cops 4ever bitch

I see it moved from fox to spike last year, that's what my dumb brain misread a year ago. Glad to know an american tradition continues. In the days before awesome internet if nothing else was on at 3-4am there was always a cops rerun somewhere on cable it wasn't always great but it held the attention.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
COPS owns. I hate crackheads

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

COPS is completely cheap to produce and will always get viewers

COPS is eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Nothing tops "I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS!!!!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXbEVT7o4U

Top 3 all time COPS clips. That one had a happy ending too. instead of taking the guy in he drove him down to the strip and helped him get a job.

• Locked thread