Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Iamblikhos posted:

Wait, is COPS still on? No way is it still on!

It's been on so long that the toddler of one guy who was arrested on it grew up to be arrested on COPS as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

platedlizard posted:

It's been on so long that the toddler of one guy who was arrested on it grew up to be arrested on COPS as well.

I can't decide if that's sad or poetic

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

I can't decide if that's sad or poetic

Its both and also illustrative of how these problems are systemic. If I lived in an area where you could be arrested for drug possession I'm sure I would have been and featured on COPS by now.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
A Cops marathon used to be one of my favorite ways to kill a free day, back when I used to have those.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mookface posted:

Its both and also illustrative of how these problems are systemic. If I lived in an area where you could be arrested for drug possession I'm sure I would have been and featured on COPS by now.

Or you know, illustrative of criminals being poo poo parents

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

if I recall correctly the father was arrested for domestic violence which is why the kid was standing around watching the cops haul Daddy away. So yeah, poo poo parents

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Whoosh.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The problem is people love weed so they hate cops, no matter what the situation is or how justified the cops are in how they behave (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iuBWkMEn8 and the comments are all about how the cops should have used their x-men powers to disarm her instead of using force to protect themselves). Most of the drug arrests on Cops might be unfair because that poo poo should be legal, but that's not really why it's on there--it's on there because they're idiots and lie to the cop's face, or try to run, or do other things that are way more serious. And overall the show can really remind you of how hosed things would be without the police, because jesus loving christ drugs and stupidity make people act crazy.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Raku posted:

The problem is people love weed so they hate cops, no matter what the situation is or how justified the cops are in how they behave (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iuBWkMEn8 and the comments are all about how the cops should have used their x-men powers to disarm her instead of using force to protect themselves). Most of the drug arrests on Cops might be unfair because that poo poo should be legal, but that's not really why it's on there--it's on there because they're idiots and lie to the cop's face, or try to run, or do other things that are way more serious. And overall the show can really remind you of how hosed things would be without the police, because jesus loving christ drugs and stupidity make people act crazy.

look at this cop kisser right here

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
COPS making me lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
itt goons pretend they care about poor people

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
OP is a dumbass and I would love to see him get arrested on Cops while I am chilling on my couch.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Does a cop have the right to protect himself if it puts suspects in danger? It's like if a firefighter decides not to save somebody from a burning building because they're afraid for their safety.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
The British versions of cops are dull as gently caress. The last episode I saw had them desperately try to inject some excitement by conducting a raid on some guy's house by smashing down the front door with a ram while another guy at the back broke all the windows while screaming. The guy was just lying in bed with his girlfriend and kept saying "why didn't you knock? is anyone going to pay for the door?" as they dragged him away without any resistance whatsoever

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

itt goons pretend they care about poor people

Still better than pretending to care about Palestinians.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

notZaar posted:

Does a cop have the right to protect himself if it puts suspects in danger? It's like if a firefighter decides not to save somebody from a burning building because they're afraid for their safety.

lol if you think firefighters won't leave a person to die if they think it's too dangerous to save them

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQagE62_zI

COPS may be awful, but C.O.P.S. is the poo poo

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
The thing that always frustrates me about COPS is the lack of knowledge on Constitutional rights of most of the suspects. The cops always act like they're the perps besties and will magically let them off with a warning if they just admit to everything. Most police officers are trying to get the suspects to admit to the crime so they'll have more evidence. These people are dumb to begin with by driving around with weed/crack/meth in the front seat and then saying "I don't know where that crack pipe came from."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

its a really bad show op
remove it from TV and force all cops to grow their hair out so they stop pretending they are in the military.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"STOP RESISTING" and "Looks like you have a warrant, please step out of the car" are the two most common phrases on Cops.

drploof
Aug 11, 2014

.o0O0o.Wire-Bender.o0O0o.
Watching people getting tazed is my favorite thing in the world.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Robo Reagan posted:

all cops should be followed by a full camera crew imo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

drploof posted:

Watching people getting tazed is my favorite thing in the world.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1CR_k-dTnDU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQagE62_zI

COPS may be awful, but C.O.P.S. is the poo poo

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Omnitrix posted:

The thing that always frustrates me about COPS is the lack of knowledge on Constitutional rights of most of the suspects. The cops always act like they're the perps besties and will magically let them off with a warning if they just admit to everything. Most police officers are trying to get the suspects to admit to the crime so they'll have more evidence. These people are dumb to begin with by driving around with weed/crack/meth in the front seat and then saying "I don't know where that crack pipe came from."

This is going to be a lot easier if you tell me the truth. Easier for me, I mean. You'll be totally hosed for telling me the truth.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

notZaar posted:

This only works if the person in the building is also the arsonist that started the fire, is drunk and tries to physically harm every firefighter that comes close, and probably has a gun

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

This only works if the person in the building is also the arsonist that started the fire, is drunk and tries to physically harm every firefighter that comes close, and probably has a gun

No I said "suspect" not "convicted criminal".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
did u guys talk about that one xfiles episode yet? thats a good one/i like

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

notZaar posted:

No I said "suspect" not "convicted criminal".

You also said "defend himself" not "throw into a volcano"

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

This is going to be a lot easier if you tell me the truth. Easier for me, I mean. You'll be totally hosed for telling me the truth.

I had a friend get pulled over for DUI and called me asking what to do. Told her to be respectful and cooperative but do not do any breathalyzer or field sobriety test as it is just a ruse for self-incrimination. The cop convinced her that since she hadn't "drank that much" she would probably get off with a ticket. She fell for it and spent the night in jail. Either way she was going to end up in jail but she didn't have to incriminate herself.

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
COPS is an awesome show

However it's slightly less awesome when you realize the pattern of every episode. Starts off with some normal hood crime, commercial break, then there's usually an exciting fight with someone on PCP, commercial break, and then a more emotional crime like domestic battery to finish off the episode.

so basically you want to watch the middle of a COPS episode for the good poo poo

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

village catamite posted:

COPS is an awesome show

However it's slightly less awesome when you realize the pattern of every episode. Starts off with some normal hood crime, commercial break, then there's usually an exciting fight with someone on PCP, commercial break, and then a more emotional crime like domestic battery to finish off the episode.

so basically you want to watch the middle of a COPS episode for the good poo poo

Or...you could just watch COPS: Reloaded. Which is nothing but the good poo poo. I hate the beginning of the episodes where the cop is waxing lyrical about the existential dilemmas of law enforcement.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
if you break the law you deserve to get tazed

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Especially on the UF campus, bro.

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82660595/

This is my favorite thing ever on COPS...maybe on TV too. Sorry, this was the only place I could find that clip.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnitrix posted:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82660595/

This is my favorite thing ever on COPS...maybe on TV too. Sorry, this was the only place I could find that clip.

hahaha what??? nothing even happened and the crime is dumb

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

homo punching bag posted:

hahaha what??? nothing even happened and the crime is dumb

They were trying to connect him to a crime. Most people don't choose to hang out in dumpsters in the middle of the night. :colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Omnitrix posted:

They were trying to connect him to a crime. Most people don't choose to hang out in dumpsters in the middle of the night. :colbert:

i dont know where the heck else ur gonna find a wifi signal but maybe ur some la dee da frenchie

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I sleep in dumpsters all the time, this is very concerning .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
did they ever say what the bad boys are gonna do?

• Locked thread