Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Al Cowens posted:

It's 2014 why are hipsters still a thing we are stagnating culturally

Future generations will be stripmining today's hipster poo poo for their own totally original counter culture. They will dress like 2000s hipsters... but ironically, this time

God Of Paradise posted:

It was a guy. Now it is technically a lesbian.

oh, snap, is that some infamous troon or something?

the man hips gave the game away

Vlonald Prump fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Hobelhouse posted:

He self identifies as a 'psychobilly', whatever that is. I'm pretty sure it's an obscure horror punk thing so that's par for the course

psychobilly is kind of like a satanic version of the stray cats. I haven't heard this term since the mid 90s and surprised anyone still identifies as such

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

God Of Paradise posted:

It was a guy. Now it is technically a lesbian.

Don't say that, you'll encourage him

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gaunab posted:

post a picture of what that looks like

When will being a handsome male model come back into style again

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
more biting social commentary from gbs

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Lufiron posted:

psychobilly is kind of like a satanic version of the stray cats. I haven't heard this term since the mid 90s and surprised anyone still identifies as such

Best I can tell it's a subculture based around looking like a cross between the Fonz and the Misfits

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Hobelhouse posted:

He self identifies as a 'psychobilly', whatever that is. I'm pretty sure it's an obscure horror punk thing so that's par for the course I guess
It's like rockabilly but more lame.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i am yet to meet the first self-identified hipster.

i know one dude that had the shaved sides, waxed moustache, weirdly tied blocky shirt, and golden shoes, and whenever i ask him how a party or show was he'll always be like "UGH! way too many hipsters there"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a lot of beards, strange accessories, bad haircuts, bad tattoos and skinny, pale, weak bodies.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Zzulu posted:

a lot of beards, strange accessories, bad haircuts, bad tattoos and skinny, pale, weak bodies.

Are you describing hipsters or GBS?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Hobelhouse posted:

Best I can tell it's a subculture based around looking like a cross between the Fonz and the Misfits

im psychobilly now

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

need some psychobilly tips ples

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RobattoJesus posted:

Are you describing hipsters or GBS?

theres a lot of overlap

the only difference is usually that hipsters look ugly or weird on purpose while goons just kind of are those things naturally

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hmm yes. "Hipsters"

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Do other countries have hipsters too, or is it a US thing ? I want to see a foreign hipster

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Decebal posted:

Do other countries have hipsters too, or is it a US thing ? I want to see a foreign hipster

Helsinki seems to have a lot

http://www.hel-looks.com/

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Decebal posted:

Yep, Australia's got a whole city dedicated to them. it's called Melbourne.

You want a coffee in melbourne? the cafes are all hidden in back alleys and poo poo.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Guancho posted:

it's cool bro. all but hipsters are welcome here

would

i know a dude what looks just like this, only he has no teeth and lives in a log cabin where he kills cats.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013

Pon de Bundy posted:

im a loving hipster and i get so much vagina i literally dont know what to do with it all. i just dont there is so much of it. if you want my picture its in the goon loving yearbook or you look like poo poo fashion thread. peace out FAGGOTS

hipster calling US faggots

edit: hipster is the real human being, is what I'm trying to say here

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Decebal posted:

Yes,there are Mexican hipsters. I've seen a few in my university, but because my faculty is for graphic design and architecture, everyone is automatically some sort of weirdo. me included.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

Helsinki seems to have a lot

http://www.hel-looks.com/

American hipsters know what they're doing and put effort into looking absurd. Nordic people literally have no loving clue what they're doing and their bizarre fashion choices are completely accidental.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Desperado Bones posted:

Yes,there are Mexican hipsters. I've seen a few in my university, but because my faculty is for graphic design and architecture, everyone is automatically some sort of weirdo. me included.

i want to go to university in mexico

chilaquiles erry day

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ain't nobody stealing that bike.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Fetus Tree posted:

i want to go to university in mexico

chilaquiles erry day

actually gently caress yes. Chilaquiles,enchiladas,tacos and tortas, 'cause is the only decent thing to eat in the cafeterias.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
hipsters, fatsos, doobies and bronies and tumblrs... hell, even bitcoins. gbs still got it baby!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

"You, on the motorcycle!
You two girls!
Tell your friends!
Free parking!
Two dollar cover charge only, folks!
That's a lot of entertainment for two dollars!"

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
them city folks, huh gang

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

this is the least funny hitler related thing that has ever happened

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

butplug accident posted:

mebbe we should

*whispers* send the thread to the gas chamber??

lulz piled high

Leonard Pine
Apr 20, 2008

Once met a young man who carried around a fountain pen instead of a biro. Pretty sure he only did this so people would remember him as that guy with the fountain pen

I remember him as the obese dipshit with the fountain pen who negged my hot friend when she had a regular coke by saying it was making her fat, so it kind of worked.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

mebbe we should

*whispers* send the thread to the gas chamber??

lulz piled high

keep trolling me idiot. i'll just cry harder

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
ive never encountered anyone liking something ironically. does it happen outside of angry peoples imaginations?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

BigBoss posted:

American hipsters know what they're doing and put effort into looking absurd. Nordic people literally have no loving clue what they're doing and their bizarre fashion choices are completely accidental.

hm yes i wonder where people look better stockholm or dallas

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

butplug accident posted:

keep trolling me idiot. i'll just cry harder

sorry i was just trying to make an even less funny hitler thing but if im being honest, i didnt even read the first unfunny hitler thing so i didnt know how low the bar was

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

His shirt somehow manages to have a smaller forehead than the guy wearing it.

Still a better representation of Daario Naharis than the HBO show.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 10, 2014

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

butplug accident posted:

Nazi and Anne Frank puns are probably worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i say meh. there is no such thing as good or bad taste. everything is permitted.

• Locked thread