Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Watching the video: holy crap, that guy was a dumb rear end. He's walking out on the track like, "Hey guys, I'm wrecked! Please drive around me since I'm not in my car right now! Thanks in advance, you want some tea after we're done?" Tony isn't at fault at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Autumn Angel posted:

Watching the video: holy crap, that guy was a dumb rear end. He's walking out on the track like, "Hey guys, I'm wrecked! Please drive around me since I'm not in my car right now! Thanks in advance, you want some tea after we're done?" Tony isn't at fault at all.

When the race is under caution, there's probably going to be people on the track anyways, and the drivers have to look out for them.

If Tony can't see a guy walking on track when he's just coasting along, then he's blind or a loving dumbass.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Stex T posted:

When the race is under caution, there's probably going to be people on the track anyways, and the drivers have to look out for them.

If Tony can't see a guy walking on track when he's just coasting along, then he's blind or a loving dumbass.

Can't wait to hear Stewart's post-race comments. He will certainly use this excuse.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
it's pretty much textbook manslaughter, obviously the dead guy was being a dumbass and he was trying to scare him by revving up his engine and accidentally hit him

dude would still be alive if either of them had decided to not be huge retarded babies

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

ghetto wormhole posted:

dude would still be alive if either of them had decided to not be huge retarded babies

also he'd be alive if only nascar had never been invented

if only

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Autumn Angel posted:

This happens all the time in racing, especially during a caution when drivers angrily confront other racers. There's no way Tony Stewart could argue with a straight face that he didn't see Ward standing in his way on the track. At caution, all drivers are looking around to avoid debris. They aren't traveling at race speeds, and mostly they are preparing to restart. He gunned the throttle, planning to scare Ward off and instead fishtailed and caught Ward under his wheel, spinning him around 3 times in under a second. Instant death. This is completely Tony Stewart's fault.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MaoistBanker posted:

This happens all the time in racing, especially during a caution when drivers angrily confront other racers. There's no way Tony Stewart could argue with a straight face that he didn't see Ward standing in his way on the track. At caution, all drivers are looking around to avoid debris. They aren't traveling at race speeds, and mostly they are preparing to restart. He gunned the throttle, planning to scare Ward off and instead fishtailed and caught Ward under his wheel, spinning him around 3 times in under a second. Instant death. This is completely Tony Stewart's fault.

oh no the rich guy killed someone how will he survive his 3 months probation

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

TONY STEWART KILLED ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO3erYR-gsA

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

oh no the rich guy killed someone how will he survive his 3 months probation

I can't wait for his media apology tour where he talks to Oprah about how America is all about giving people second chances.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tony should blame it on god

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

MaoistBanker and Stex T are probably both right unless someone proves otherwise. I didn't think of the fact that there was a "caution" declared when the accident happened.

So I can still make jokes about a Nascar Driver, horayy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you live by the car you die by the car

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Autumn Angel posted:

Yeah, what kind of dumbass would walk out and confront someone in a moving vehicle? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwc8obMmv7o&t=62s

Video from the SAS thread.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

NB: this is almost 1 year to the day when Tony Stewart nearly had his left leg amputated in another sprint-car crash.

Tony is an idiot, is what I'm trying to say.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Stewart is already out of police custody and sources close to Stewart say that he is literally going to race again today. Lmao dude doesn't give a gently caress

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Emanuel Collective posted:

Stewart is already out of police custody and sources close to Stewart say that he is literally going to race again today. Lmao dude doesn't give a gently caress

the adage about "if you want to kill someone, do it with a car and you'll get away with it scott free" is true in racing too apparently

e: being rich and famous helps too obv

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

those sprint cars look like they would be fun as gently caress to drive even without going over a redneck

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the adage about "if you want to kill someone, do it with a car and you'll get away with it scott free" is true in racing too apparently

e: being rich and famous helps too obv

Probably helps when the other guy is an idiot too.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

why do they call NASCAR stock car racing, when these cars aren't stock at all?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Prettz posted:

u gotta put stock in the lord to qualify

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Prettz posted:

Nascar was invented during prohibition, and the cars were modified production cars used by moonshiners in the south to evade the law.

I am not making this up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stex T posted:

Nascar was invented during prohibition, and the cars were modified production cars used by moonshiners in the south to evade the law.

I am not making this up.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

shiksa posted:

:golfclap:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

loving lmao 5

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Stex T posted:

I am not making this up.
That still doesn't explain why current NASCAR exists. What you're talking about sounds reasonable. It sounds like stock car racing. NASCAR cars bear no resemblance to real cars, stock or otherwise.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Prettz posted:

That still doesn't explain why current NASCAR exists. What you're talking about sounds reasonable. It sounds like stock car racing. NASCAR cars bear no resemblance to real cars, stock or otherwise.

That's the point, "stock-car" is just a name left over from the early days, before NASCAR became what it is now.

Most NASCAR fans don't really care what it's called, as long as they get to see that homo Jeff Gordon crash and burn.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Git'er done, Tony. Yer doin' the Lord's work :catholic:

Definitely some :jiggled: in the stands. And in the comments...troll mode activated

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prettz posted:

It did up to a point around late 70's, early 80's because some cars were faster and had less drag then others (superbirds come to mind. They ran so fast they had to load more weight/reduce the engine size to keep them from exceeding the 200 mph safety limit for the tires). People bitched about fairness and NASCAR did its best to make them all identical so everyone has the same deal. That way it's more about driver's "skill" to out left turn the others

I'd like to see like NASCAR LA rush hour or NASCAR backwoods dirt road

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 10, 2014

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I'm amazed it took this long for Tony to kill/murder someone.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
You got out. Never get out of the car.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
nscar could be so cool but instead its boring

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

people focus a lot on the cars but the cars are pretty powerful and stuff. th e track is whats boring to me personally. i mean look at the tracks, then look at like a rallycross track or something cool or just a regular track

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

look at this and then look at a picture of an oval https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

uughhh.. that guy is loving retarded. if you walked out onto the motorway pointing fingers at a driver and got run over would it really be their fault?

dont really think a race track should be any different

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Stex T posted:

people aren't allowed on the track until after the field is picked up by the pace car

in any case man will a sticky dirt tire chuck a dude, lol

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

dont really think a race track should be any different

almost all race tracks are outside of nascar, though, and nascar is only popular here. granted, usa is #1, but still

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
there are more dirt ovals in the US than any other type of racetrack

I think the only other places that can lay that claim are Canada and Australia lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
that kid is dead and tony stewart killed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

there are more dirt ovals in the US than any other type of racetrack

I think the only other places that can lay that claim are Canada and Australia lol

dirt is cool at least

• Locked thread