Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i never understood the appeal of nascar until a chick from virginia told me you can bring your own beer into the racetrack

still no reason to watch it on tv though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

the worst poster in gibbis continues to shine

i support psyopmonkey

Y-Hat posted:

i never understood the appeal of nascar until a chick from virginia told me you can bring your own beer into the racetrack

also this pretty much. i like being outdoors & grilling food & drinking & i dont see how cars going really fast and potentially exploding could make that any worse

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NASCAR is dumb for turning left all the time, but still somehow more enjoyable than that lovely European racing where they turn different directions but never pass each other.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

argondamn posted:

NASCAR is dumb for turning left all the time, but still somehow more enjoyable than that lovely European racing where they turn different directions but never pass each other.

Nascar has road courses, all of you stop being stupid perpetuating the stereotype (yeah they turn left like 85% of the time yeehaw!) :)

p.s nascar road courses are the best courses because 90% of the drivers dont know what the gently caress they are doing so its a non-stop comedy of errors

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone remember that NASCAR simulator some goon made where all you do is turn left, and if you do anything else you crash?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Why can't people face their rage issues like normal people by quietly wait by his car in the parking lot and kidney stab him with a screwdriver?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

stab posted:

Nascar has road courses, all of you stop being stupid perpetuating the stereotype (yeah they turn left like 85% of the time yeehaw!) :)

p.s nascar road courses are the best courses because 90% of the drivers dont know what the gently caress they are doing so its a non-stop comedy of errors

It is hilarious to watch every other person crash when faced with an S in the track.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Gallow posted:

It is hilarious to watch every other person crash when faced with an S in the track.

throw in rain and it becomes the best demolition derby race of the year

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
legit sounds like fun to watch if i was in person

b1gs341
May 10, 2008
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/where-theres-smoke-up-close-with-tony-stewart-nascars-nastiest-driver-20140810

Apparently Talladega Nights was a documentary lol

Tony Stewart posted:

"You want to hide something from me?" he says. "Put it in a book."

Tony Stewart posted:

"Pussy, money and race cars. That's pretty much all I care about." Then he winks at me.

b1gs341 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 10, 2014

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
NASCAR Racing from Papyrus was pretty awesome.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I really want some Cheez-Its right now.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

stab posted:

i dont like normal NASCAR but when they do road courses it actually looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-0MfJeKc4w

i might go see a race at infineon some time

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Stewart did nothing wrong.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

turdriver posted:

i dont like normal NASCAR but when they do road courses it actually looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-0MfJeKc4w

i might go see a race at infineon some time

find the nationwide race in montreal where it rained and carl edwards had to use a squeegee to see loving lol

oh and jacques villeneuve totalled his car running into like the pace car under yellow double loving lol

that race was amazing live

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why is anyone upset at Stewart at all? Dude who got out of his car killed himself.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I still can't believe triple Cheez-it Oral B Fed Ex Sprint Cup Champion Tony “car man” Stewart killed a man in cold blood

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Everybody's giving Tony Stewart a hard time over this, but what about THE CAR THAT DID THE KILLING? Does anyone know the location of that car or have they taken it into custody? I mean the CAR is what killed that poor kid, I mean Tony may not have even been involved honestly

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Big Beef City posted:

Everybody's giving Tony Stewart a hard time over this, but what about THE CAR THAT DID THE KILLING? Does anyone know the location of that car or have they taken it into custody? I mean the CAR is what killed that poor kid, I mean Tony may not have even been involved honestly

Cars don't kill people, rednecks kill people.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Durrr I'm a hill-billy retard. Gonna run into the middle of a racetrack with cars driving 'round it.

Oh shi

*gets run over and killed*

*world is a better place*

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 636 days!
lol he murdered that guy

bet you his thought was, as he decided not to to dodge him "gently caress you i'm tony stewart!"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
From the NASCAR Unofficial Book of Racing:

Ro0lz

1) Never number your car "13"

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
anyone who think he revved his engine at the kid is a loving moron

that was a car that was much closer to the camera guy, stewart was on the other side of the track, his engine would be much quieter.

kid is a loving moron and basically asked to die by trying to be a hardass. tony stewart might be a dick, i dont know poo poo about him but its 100% not his fault

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 636 days!
He is a cold blooded murderer and I hope he goes to jail forever.

Do these car not have brakes or steering wheels? He could see the (dumb loving sack of poo poo moron kid who I'm glad is dead) walking out on the track just fine, and he loving runs him over anyway (good)

I want Tony Stewart to be executed with Americas new Freedom Tonic that induces death in 3 hours or less via agony.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjaLI1LlKMk&t=11s

20 year old male still make for meager pickings pointwise

not worth it imho

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

well... while i think the dude who went onto the track is a 100% idiot and i dunno wtf did he expect to happen, but the other guy is probably to blame to if he actually accelerated under safeties with a person on the track near him.

He might have had a concussion or meth psychosis, but it's already been pointed out that acceleration is necessary in order to maneuver in a sprint car.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Cesar Cedeno posted:

He is a cold blooded murderer and I hope he goes to jail forever.

Do these car not have brakes or steering wheels? He could see the (dumb loving sack of poo poo moron kid who I'm glad is dead) walking out on the track just fine, and he loving runs him over anyway (good)

I want Tony Stewart to be executed with Americas new Freedom Tonic that induces death in 3 hours or less via agony.

my guess is that he had been planning to murder this guy for a while, and figured least expected place to pull it off would be on the race track on camera. tony stewart intentionally lured the kid out of his car because he was a pro car driver with the finesese to get just close enough to kill him while making it look like an accident.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Ork of Fiction posted:

He might have had a concussion or meth psychosis, but it's already been pointed out that acceleration is necessary in order to maneuver in a sprint car.

So what you're saying is that these American cars handle like boats? :raise:

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 636 days!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

my guess is that he had been planning to murder this guy for a while, and figured least expected place to pull it off would be on the race track on camera. tony stewart intentionally lured the kid out of his car because he was a pro car driver with the finesese to get just close enough to kill him while making it look like an accident.

I agree with this 100% unironically. You already have to be a delusional meth addled retard to drive NASCAR, but his fat face looks like the face of a killer.

Pretty sure I saw him in the background of one of those ISIS video a week ago too.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tony Stewart constructed his entire persona, including years of race car driving, high-life living and all, after being sent back in time.
You see, that kid that died would later have gone on to be such a good race car driver that he would enthrall the nation, and eventually the world. More powerful and evil than hitler, his dirt track war chariot was seemingly fueled on blood and corruption. The Race King would enslave humanity in a new dark age that rippled through centuries of torment for humankind.

Tony Stewart was the future's only hope. He was sent back to stop this before it could ever happen. Every single moment of history, including the lives and and remembrances of everyone alive at the time he was sent back would vanish instantly were he to succeed, but mercifully ending their existence and stopping the suffering of humanity for half a millennium was deemed morally worth it.

And so Tony came back.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Carol Pizzamom posted:

people focus a lot on the cars but the cars are pretty powerful and stuff. th e track is whats boring to me personally. i mean look at the tracks, then look at like a rallycross track or something cool or just a regular track

Dunno if they still do or not, but NASCAR used to drive one road track a season. They have different cars for it. Main difference is the cars were shorter

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
I don't think Tony Stewart should face any immediate consequences for this but if he ever gets out of his car and onto the track again, every other driver on the course gets one free try at him.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
its too bad that mr stewart couldnt participate in the cheez it 355 after he murdered someone, will someone please think of redneck america?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

that is nothin compared to the brutality ive experienced in mario kart 8

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

ethanol posted:

that is nothin compared to the brutality ive experienced in mario kart 8

wonder if stewart shot the kid's lifeless ragdoll corpse the luigi deathstare

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
everyone just watch this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkEtphvIwNU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

you can bring your own beer to the TV too

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
are those blown up toy cars?

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
He probably would have killed the guy going the same speed he had been. The acceleration before he hits the guy was a nice gently caress you to the guys family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

spidergoats posted:

He probably would have killed the guy going the same speed he had been. The acceleration before he hits the guy was a nice gently caress you to the guys family.

(that wasnt his cars engine you heard)

• Locked thread