Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Using the hotel's free WiFi because I am business class like that. AMA my holiday to Bruges I guess and I might respond later but for now going to take the missus out for some all you can eat beer and ribs, when she gets out of the shower, this is a beer i got for free when we checked in its triple fermented and really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
^^^^^^^ Is he 'avin a laff?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Bruges is close enough to Paris that you could have went there and did a day trip to Bruges...

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

what's a bruges

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

John Kruk posted:

Bruges is close enough to Paris that you could have went there and did a day trip to Bruges...

oh okay

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Also please explain what you think you mean when you say "triple fermented".

Bruges is not really worth spending much more than a day in.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

John Kruk posted:

Might do a day trip to either Brussels or Antwerp haven't decided. We're doing a 'mini-cruise' with 3 nights in between.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i thought of another question why is that picture so big

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Go offend some fatties at the tower by implying they won't be capable of going up the steps. Call them an elephant.

Alternatively, go be offended at the tower by being called an elephant.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Might do a day trip to either Brussels or Antwerp haven't decided. We're doing a 'mini-cruise' with 3 nights in between.

Where does the cruise go? Are you European?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Are you an inanimate loving object?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umPgWSfX9Ns

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

lonesomedwarf posted:

i thought of another question why is that picture so big

Just snapped it on my Nokia a moment ago, no pc to resize it on.

John Kruk posted:

I really don't know what it means but it says it on the bottle and it sounded good, its 8.5% and has pink elephants on it.

I like it so far, gonna go to all the historic type places and have lots of chocolate, waffles and beer. We saw a really old Belgian nun on the way to the hotel and quite a lot of ducks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If it's a nice day you should do the boat tour. It is a good way to see the city and doesn't take more than about 45 mins.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Also, the Blauwe Maan brewery tour is pretty good. Do that.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

No. 6 posted:

If it's a nice day you should do the boat tour. It is a good way to see the city and doesn't take more than about 45 mins.

Oh nice thanks, this is day one so suggestions are very appreciated right now. Definitely want to climb the tall tower thing as well as see where they keep Jesus's blood. Also the chip (french fry) museum has got to be worth a look.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Using the hotel's free WiFi because I am business class like that. AMA my holiday to Bruges I guess and I might respond later but for now going to take the missus out for some all you can eat beer and ribs, when she gets out of the shower, this is a beer i got for free when we checked in its triple fermented and really nice.

what's bruges?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The fry museum and chocolate museum are a waste if time. Don't bother.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Are they filming midgets?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

No. 6 posted:

The fry museum and chocolate museum are a waste if time. Don't bother.

Well you sound like you know your stuff so i probably won't then and instead just eat a bunch of fries/chocolate. Right, I'm off on the razz might post some pics here later of buildings/nuns/ducks and such.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Are you the whole movie?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gypsum you sound like you have a pretty awesome life. girlfriend, tea, trips to belgium. you keep it real.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

John Kruk posted:

It's fermented once, moved to a secondary container where another fermentation is done. After that it's bottled with live yeast (either remaining or added) and sometimes also sugar so that there is fermentation in the bottle.

quote:

Somewhat true. 2 days would certainly be enough. Go see Ypres, Ghent, Leuven, or Antwerpen if you have the time. Ypres if you're into WWI, Ghent to see a larger, more modern city that is similar to Bruges with tons of canals, Leuven for a good student town with tons of good pubs and restaurants, and Antwerp is basically the New York of Belgium. Tons of fashion, shopping, great dining, museums, etc.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Ghent is cooler than Bruges (by virtue of not being an open air museam but an actual city) but the nightlife will be dead for the rest of the month.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Traveling abroad is for people too insecure with their own intelligence and general world view.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Is it true that there are a lot of alcoves?

EDIT: Or maybe some nooks and crannies?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Whoa, OP, I was in Brugge in April for work. I stayed at the IBIS next to the train station. Thanks work secretary!

I tried the local stuff, pretty shite by Belgian standards.

Antwerp has Kulminator. Ghent and Louven are lovely university towns. The train from Brussels to Louven goes by the InBev headquarters, the new home of Buttwiper.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I have question OP. Did you really think this was a topic worthy of us asking you questions about it?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HollisBrown posted:

I have question OP. Did you really think this was a topic worthy of us asking you questions about it?

I suspect not.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
di;d anyone ask if itS like that movie 'in bruges'

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is your business there laying low for killing a kid, or killing a guy who killed a kid?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

brussels is worth going imo it has some of the prettiest public squares

bruges is cool did you see the movie in bruges

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
In Bruges keeps showing up on my recommended list on netflix. Should I watch it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Guancho posted:

Yes. And then watch Wild Wild West.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guancho posted:

The OP should've watched it instead of actually going there.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Does your Mrs read these posts?

If so, Antwerp is like the Jew Diamond capital of Europe ... like really nice diamonds hth

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
LOL if you pay to go on a cruise.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
you should go to Amsterdam and consume a metric poo poo ton of psilocybin truffles

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you got to bruges on ill gotten tea money you welfare shite?

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Delirium is a pretty nice beer op.

newreply.php posted:

Ghent is cooler than Bruges (by virtue of not being an open air museam but an actual city) but the nightlife will be dead for the rest of the month.

I was passing through Ghent one time and spent the night there. It was a Friday night and the whole city was totally deserted except for one Irish bar which was rammed. It was really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
has the dog fallen out of the window yet

• Locked thread