Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

jre posted:

Are you a Hearts fan now ? Last time I checked Aberdeen had no plans to implement it either.

Nice whataboutism. Celtic is the richest club in the country and claims to represent social justice and charity and all that, it could stand to pay its employees a living income. No one's surprised Aberdeen doesn't implement it, have you ever met an Aberdonian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Coohoolin posted:

Nice whataboutism. Celtic is the richest club in the country and claims to represent social justice and charity and all that, it could stand to pay its employees a living income. No one's surprised Aberdeen doesn't implement it, have you ever met an Aberdonian?

They took away the players toaster once.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Coohoolin posted:

I want to know what he said.

"gently caress off back home, you immigrant. Nobody wants your sort here. You're loving poo poo as well."

said Shay Logan

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ah yes, noted immigrant name Logan, and famous traditional British name Tonev.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK
did you misread my post

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

:ughh:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coohoolin posted:

You're not even Scottish.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

duckmaster posted:

did you misread my post

Looks like it, I thought you were relaying what Logan said Tonev had said. Definitely wasn't thinking there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Coohoolin posted:

Looks like it, I thought you were relaying what Logan said Tonev had said. Definitely wasn't thinking there.

Not the first time this has happened.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

The gently caress is a Saccah? Did I miss that joke?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

BisonDollah posted:

The gently caress is a Saccah? Did I miss that joke?

Someone has 'hilariously' replaced football with soccer in the the thread titles.

How long till McColl gets the sack? That's five defeats in a row and they're are only 2 points above Ross County

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic just drew Rangers in the cup, reckon that will be a bit tasty

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Is Hampden going to be ready by then, or will one team have a neutral-but-home fixture?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Semprini posted:

Is Hampden going to be ready by then, or will one team have a neutral-but-home fixture?

Supposedly it will be ready

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29874835
McCall has quit as Motherwell manager.

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013

jre posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29874835
McCall has quit as Motherwell manager.

Best manager we've had since I've been a supporter, a shame this is the way it ends. I'd have given him till the new year at the very least but if he feels there's not much else that he can do then fair play. None of the possible candidates for replacement fill me with anything but dread, but our last 4 or so managers have all more or less come out of left field and been a success in one way or another (Gannon made some incredible signings if nothing else), so I'm not too worried yet. Was hoping that maybe under a new manager we might be able to get a little cup run going this season but I see we've drawn United in the SC so bollocks to that.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/..._medium=twitter

quote:

A startled Derek Llambias asked for police assistance after the new Rangers director unwittingly came across media assembled to film Celtic's departure from Glasgow Airport.

Cameras were in attendance, with players and staff flying to Romania for their UEFA Europa League match on Thursday, when the former Newcastle United managing director coincidentally arrived at the same time.

The 57-year-old then sought police assistance to move on the assembled media to no avail, remarking to a uniformed officer: "I wasn't expecting this".

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
A Good Thing: Oh look The New York Times is doing an inspiring underdog story about my football team that will be read by probably millions of people

A Probably Not Good Thing: They make the club out to be some kind of seedy coke den run by an alcoholic when that's not true at all. We are run by some good old fashioned hard working BNP members that just want the best for the local (white) community

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Are you a season ticket holder?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Not since Accies sold out and went mainstream. I'm currently looking for a new underground football club to get behind. Probably a team you've never even heard of. I'm hearing great things about the project that Camelon are working on right now, worth keeping an eye on. Very Dortmund-like, but with more of an emphasis towards the older Bundesliga genre rather than their more recent output.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Did you ever sing, "We've only got two stands" at opposition fans ?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Hamilton don't have any songs the atmosphere is made of the Accies Young Team banging a drum and some old men shouting AW YER PISH every 30-45 seconds

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK
I just realised that I don't actually know where Hamilton is. Or even if it exists. So I googled "Hamilton" and got the wiki page and clicked on the little map.

It's gone. It doesn't exist.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

duckmaster posted:

I just realised that I don't actually know where Hamilton is. Or even if it exists. So I googled "Hamilton" and got the wiki page and clicked on the little map.

It's gone. It doesn't exist.

It does exist. I go there to the swimming pool and sometimes the supermarket.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Russ posted:

Hamilton don't have any songs the atmosphere is made of the Accies Young Team banging a drum and some old men shouting AW YER PISH every 30-45 seconds

Bbc news24 sports report.

quote:

The big game today in Scotland is Inverness vs Hamilton

Lol

quote:

If either win they can go top

:smithicide:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I have a soft spot for Accies purely because of Russ' earnest love for them.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Stokes and Griffiths got hair plugs but you can still totally see where the real hair ends.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Griffiths is an undead abomination.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Stokes and Griffiths got hair plugs but you can still totally see where the real hair ends.

Chas McGill posted:

Griffiths is an undead abomination.

:smuggo:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30053692

quote:

Four men have been detained by police following an investigation into the sale of Rangers Football Club in 2012.

BBC Scotland understands that the men were held during early morning raids at addresses across the UK involving officers from Surrey Police and Thames Valley Police.

Police Scotland have been investigating the sale of Rangers from Sir David Murray to Craig Whyte for over a year.

It is understood Mr Whyte is not one of the four men who are being held.
:suspense:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Surprised it's taken this long as I'm sure that some cops were there when it was all worked out down the lodge.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
In the meantime Aberdeen got £10m from a tycoon and have wiped out their debt.

2nd club in Scotland.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

BBC reporting there's a warrant out for Craig Whyte

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012

biglads posted:

This is hilarious. The best thing about it is rangers can't benefit from evidence of wrongdoing because they are loving dead.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

biglads posted:

He's been arrested in mexico :ese:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ub-in-2011.html

edit:

Bonus laffs

quote:

Uefa have confirmed Newcastle United and Rangers will not be allowed to play in Europe together, even if they qualify for different competitions, because of Mike Ashley’s involvement in the running of both clubs.

Ashley’s seizure of power at Ibrox means Newcastle may never play in Europe again while he remains the club’s owner, a depressing prospect for supporters who believe the team should be challenging for European qualification every year.

Although Ashley responded to a story by Telegraph Sport back in September, that revealed he wanted to take control of Rangers, with a statement denying he intended to sell Newcastle, the billionaire has got himself into a tricky situation by expanding his football interests north of the border.

Ashley insisted he will not sell Newcastle for “any price” until the end of next season, which is also, unless they win the Scottish Cup this season, the earliest Rangers can qualify for Europe again. Given Ashley has repeatedly failed to find a buyer for Newcastle, though, it is far from certain he will be able to sever ties at St James’ Park.

It is understood Ashley misjudged Uefa’s strict rules ensuring the integrity of their competitions. Although he only holds around nine per cent of Rangers shares, he has appointed his own people, including former Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias, to the Rangers board in return for financial assistance.

jre fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 27, 2014

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Nice tackle Gomis :thumbsup:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6v2HVj55yY

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ