Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My nana has like, a community garden where she plants all sorts of vegetables and flowers and poo poo. This is all fine, except that rabbits keep breaking into her garden to eat her plants. I will not allow these big-eared bastards to destroy everything my nana has worked so hard in her garden for. Please, how do I kill rabbits and intimidate the rest of the population without resorting to poison, mass-murder, or public displays or brutality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

have you tried an fence

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I know I didn't make this clear in the OP, but I would also accept ways to kill their spirits without actually harming them, the goal is to get them to leave.

e: They get under the fence.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Buschmaki posted:

I know I didn't make this clear in the OP, but I would also accept ways to kill their spirits without actually harming them, the goal is to get them to leave.

e: They get under the fence.

you need to build a fence that has chickenwire that goes like a foot into the ground you loving moron

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
buy a coyote

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
either build a proper fence or get a fox, tie it to a stake in the garden, then let it guard the vegetables for you

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Skeleton King posted:

you need to build a fence that has chickenwire that goes like a foot into the ground you loving moron

That sounds like a lot of work, is there like, an easier way?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
No. you cant kill all the rabbits, they breed lkike crazy. you can set traps but then youll have to deal with rabbit corpses all the time and you probably wont get them all.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Buy one of those eagle or hawk statues and put them around the garden

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rabbit is pretty delicious. Or is that Hare? I can never remember which one it is. Whatever

kill them and feast on their flesh

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Buschmaki posted:

That sounds like a lot of work, is there like, an easier way?

you cant scare them away moron once they find a source of food they keep coming you either submit to my cock and do what i say or spend literally days varmit hunting them

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Could I just like, lead them to another garden or something? Isn't there some plant rabbits love that I could just put down at the border? I really want advice, but while Skeleton King has the best advice I will not allow myself, my nana, or my nana's garden to change to the whims of such a man, tia.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

large pack of wolves

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rabbit stew goes great with vegetables. Just shoot them.

Musclebabe
Jun 24, 2008

I want your slide trombone in my brass section
Urine keeps deer away, so maybe drink a lot and pee around the garden?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
get a .22 and shoot them like a man,or by some small animal traps and just bang their head really hard,then make some slippers and stew.

You could also get your grandma a cat, cats love killing rabbits.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. Know the Rabbit.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Musclebabe posted:

Urine keeps deer away, so maybe drink a lot and pee around the garden?

only works if you are a dude its the testosterone in the pee that does it.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
This you idiot, or something like it !

http://www.amazon.com/Dalen-Gardeneer-SRHO-4-Solar-Rotating/dp/B005J24R26/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/185-9659387-5767525

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Buschmaki posted:

Could I just like, lead them to another garden or something? Isn't there some plant rabbits love that I could just put down at the border? I really want advice, but while Skeleton King has the best advice I will not allow myself, my nana, or my nana's garden to change to the whims of such a man, tia.

god drat you dingle you cant just lead them away the reason they found your garden in the first place is because its close to their homes at best you could lead them to a neighbors garden and then they gently caress both your neighbor and your nana's rear end in a top hat until one of the three dies (bets on nana for this one)hth (hope this hurts)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Skeleton King is the only one who suggested the chickenwire fence and is the only one really defending it. Who put you up to this motherfucker, why have you decided to ally yourself with the rabbits in this fight?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Those skilled at making the enemy move do so by creating a situation to which he must conform; they entice him with something he is certain to take, and with lures of ostensible profit they await him in strength.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if you gather them in a group and scare them bad enough quickly enough they will die from cute little heart attacks.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

OP, please draw a schematic of the garden and the surrounding 20 feet or so. Include arrangements of vegetable plots and any depressions, mounds, rivers, etc in the ground. Elevation contours may help.

Musclebabe
Jun 24, 2008

I want your slide trombone in my brass section

dontcareaboutname posted:

only works if you are a dude its the testosterone in the pee that does it.

Have you seen my av?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
mix parafin with some gasoline and coat the garden real good then light it on fire.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Musclebabe posted:

Have you seen my av?

got AV's turned off

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
DON'T gently caress WITH THE RRRABBITS!

they have grrreat big pointy teeth and ....

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Buschmaki posted:

Skeleton King is the only one who suggested the chickenwire fence and is the only one really defending it. Who put you up to this motherfucker, why have you decided to ally yourself with the rabbits in this fight?

It's rabbitwire. You're keeping out rabbits, not chickens.

The humane, lazy way to go about this is get a lawn chair, a cool refreshing beverage, something to read and a rolled up newspaper and sit outside and wait. If a rabbit strolls up to the garden, quietly stand up, grip your rolled up newspaper in your hand and in a firm voice loudly say "BAD BUNNY!" and tap the offender lightly on the snout with your newspaper.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Stalk some aboriginal teens.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

dontcareaboutname posted:

got AV's turned off

same here

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Fence is the only option, they will outfuck your killing method(s) and still win.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Philthy posted:

Fence is the only option, they will outfuck your killing method(s) and still win.

Have you never seen a tomcat go on a constant day long all day everyday killing spree?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A fence is not acceptable, these rabbits dared to encroach on my nana's garden and they must be punished. After that I'll see about installing a fence or something I guess.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have two cats, one is a fat coward and the other is a skinny, lazy, degenerate. Do cats like, instinctually hate rabbits or will I have to train them or something?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Buschmaki posted:

A fence is not acceptable, these rabbits dared to encroach on my nana's garden and they must be punished. After that I'll see about installing a fence or something I guess.

instal a fence and use some jumper cables and a car battery to make it a DC electric fence.

no idea about training your cats, i always just adopt former strays from the pound and their favorite thing is to always play with mice rabbits lizards birds etc living or dead.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
seriouspost : myxomatosis works

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm not going to infect a wild rabbit population with some rabbit disease what the gently caress, isn't that illegal? I also googled it and these are american rabbits so I think it would just make them suffer, which is barbaric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Aren't rabbits like, social mammals or something? If strung up a dead one and spread its blood around would the other rabbits then avoid the garden?

• Locked thread