Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
I'm adding a +1 for KeePass. I use Windows, iOS, Linux, and Mac clients. The main password file is protected with AES-256 by default. I use Dropbox to sync my file and have over 30 accounts stored on it. You can choose exactly how your password is generated

You can also define triggers to do automatic backups, which my main computer backs up to two locations on other drives.

On the event that my password file has been saved,%comspec %/c copy "{DB_PATH}" "PATH_TO_BACKUP_LOCATION\{DB_NAME}".

I tried Dashlane, but it was annoying for games like Battle.net client and became annoying (I only played with it for an hour or so). I much prefer KeePass.

If you end up needing a Mac client, get the beta build. The release doesn't support keepass 2.0 files, but the beta does, and I have had no problems with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread