Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

A heads-up, courtesy of jawbroken over in the Sandcastle:

Not to be “alarm”ist, and I should probably have posted something sooner, but archives are extremely hosed up right now, and have been for months. If your thread gets archived, posts made after May 1st will probably vanish. Most of the time the posts just disappear, sometimes there's more interesting effects. Entire threads have gone missing on our watch. This erasure somehow even includes edits you have made to your epic (Greek sense) OP that spans over 4 or 5 reserved posts, a fact that is alarming forum scientists who thought that edited posts weren't stored anywhere in the database at all. See this thread for more details, or perhaps the same amount of detail but from someone more trustworthy than me.

There was a forums announcement saying they were looking into it like a month ago, so I'm sure your thousands of JRPG screenshots with scattered bons mots are safe, but, in an abundance of caution, I, jawbroken, am recommending that you bump your LP thread constantly to stop it falling into archives until this issue is resolved, or somehow otherwise preserve its content. Archive time in LP is currently 2 months.

Good luck and may God save your posts.

---

If your LP is finishing and you want to keep it from falling in to this, bumping is perfectly okay (provided it's not something excessive. Just once every month or so will do it just fine). Keep your eye on the Sandcastle for additional info! I'll update this thread/title once it's blown over.

Geop fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread