Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

"A mystery? Excuse my abysmal ignorance."

"Not a mystery. On contrary, interesting form of fiction possibly within genre of science fiction."

"Oh no. No science in it. Nor set in future. Science fiction deals with future, in particular future where science has advanced over now. Book fits neither premise."

"But it deals with alternate present. Many well-known science fiction novels of that sort."

This is a medium-sized mafia game for 15 (or possibly more) players. Flavor is borrowed from Philip K. Dick's excellent The Man in the High Castle. There is no connection between flavor and alignment.

The normal rules of mafia apply. Ninja edits for correctness are allowed, but not for substance. If you have any question which is which, use a mafia edit.

Game days will be 3 or 4 real days long, possibly getting shorter as fewer people survive if I feel that's useful. Nights will be no more than 24 hours long. Deadlines will be at about 11pm EDT.

A word of warning I hope is unnecessary: this book takes place in an alternate history where the Axis won WWII. Genocide of Jews and a subsequent African Holocaust by a victorious Germany are treated by certain characters as justified and acceptable. America has been split into regions controlled by Japanese and Nazi German occupiers. There has been no Civil Rights movement and Chinese and blacks in America are treated as slaves. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO POST RACIST GARBAGE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Reserved

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
make me goebbles, tia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally, a game where my rampant anti semitism will be welcomed

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Me! Mills' space game was over like WHAT and I was sad :|

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Man this book rules and I want to play but don't have the time for two games. :(

Hi yuming!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Magnus Gallant posted:

Man this book rules and I want to play but don't have the time for two games. :(

Hi yuming!
Hi Magnus :sun:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i guess i should read it. i skipped over it when i was on my dick kick last year

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hail Hydra

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if you had a time machine would you kill hitler, or would you just take over as his stylist and make him wear a fedora and trenchcoat all the time to make those styles unacceptalbe to modern society

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

uranus posted:

if you had a time machine would you kill hitler, or would you just take over as his stylist and make him wear a fedora and trenchcoat all the time to make those styles unacceptalbe to modern society
The latter, obviously.

Signup post.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

tearshed posted:

The latter, obviously.

Signup post.

You're no Hugo Boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005