Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Kajeesus posted:

My favorite part was how it had some browns being embarassed by the hipster's tolerance at the end. It's not racist if we show a brown agreeing with us, right? It's like how the KKK has a public statement that there's niggers and there's cool black people and they only hate the former. You drat leftie loons can't argue with that.

E: Also, isn't NRK supposed to be better than this? I dunno how it works there but it feels like something over which a public broadcasting channel should get poo poo.

NRK isn't as politicized and left wing as our dear SVT, it's hilarious that they did a documentary Hjernevask about what bullshit gender science is that SVT has refused to show. It would be nice to have some balance in the public service like they have in Norway, but seeing what poo poo the entire "public service" is in Sweden it should just be sold out.

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Yeah, ok.

This is what satire looks like:

So because you don't like it means that it's not satire?

Pump it up! Do it! fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Gender studies is a branch of sociology but I guess you're too cool for that.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 27, 2016

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Gender studies is a branch of sociology but I guess you're too cool for that.

It certainly is but the bullshit that we call " gender science" here in Sweden goes against other hard sciences like biology and evolutionary psychology. You should really watch Hjernevask and see what kind of bullshit it is, but I guess you don't like things that go against your politics! Just like our "public service" that refuses to show the documentary and turns a blind eye towards left-wingers while anyone right of S are scrutinized.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Biomute posted:

Sure, it can be seen as a "hey look, left-wingers are silly" piece just as Kringkastingsrådet asked for, but it's not necessarily a "left-wingers are silly because all brown people are evil" piece. It touches on how male voices might throw women under the bus to suit their political worldview for sure, but only immature idiots with their context from 4chan would see that as "cucking" as if women were objects to be stolen. It also points out how some left-wing hipsters might very well have no clue, as evidenced by the hipster in question interacting with the Sikh sitting next to him.

As a left-wing hipster myself I don't find the piece funny, but there seems to be enough ambiguity that I believe they're trying for a kind of Charlie Hebdo anti-conformist thing rather than making outright right-wing racist jokes.

Did you check the youtube channel it was uploaded from?

e: Because it's basically youtube slash channel slash islamophobia

GlennFinito fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 27, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lord Tywin posted:

NRK isn't as politicized and left wing as our dear SVT, it's hilarious that they did a documentary Hjernevask about what bullshit gender science is that SVT has refused to show. It would be nice to have some balance in the public service like they have in Norway, but seeing what poo poo the entire "public service" is in Sweden it should just be sold out.

Balance of what? Journalism to bigotry and anti-intellectualism? Because that Refugee video does not make me think that Norwegian media are balanced in any good way.

E:

Lord Tywin posted:

It certainly is but the bullshit that we call " gender science" here in Sweden goes against other hard sciences like [...] evolutionary psychology.

Ohh, now I get it.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 27, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lord Tywin posted:

It certainly is but the bullshit that we call " gender science" here in Sweden goes against other hard sciences like biology and evolutionary psychology.

:ironicat:

Lord Tywin posted:

You should really watch Hjernevask and see what kind of bullshit it is, but I guess you don't like things that go against your politics! Just like our "public service" that refuses to show the documentary and turns a blind eye towards left-wingers while anyone right of S are scrutinized.

Or the documantary in question could be bunk and SVT made a good call in maintaining some journalistic standards. Since the only evidence we have WRT its quality is your say-so, this seems at least as likely as some vast, leftwing conspiracy.

Besides that it's pretty funny how you immediately fall back on preemptive accusations of dogmatic bias in others while ranting about how SVT is a den of reds.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kajeesus posted:

I would not in a million years expect that joke from the kind of person who would produce that video, but I even saw a couple of YouTube comments come to the same conclusion. I'll grant that that is indeed the joke and that I genuinely underestimated the nuance present in this lovely racist video.
Well, I imagine the people behind it might be slightly more aware than your regular racist, enough to be aware of the relatively common problem of Sikhs being targets of anti-Muslim violence. Like they have to occasionally have to say "hey, don't be a dick, that dude isn't Muslim, so don't blame him for terrorism!" to their dumber brethren, to convince themselves they're not racist, just realistic about the dangers of Islam. The "tolerant hipster" making the same mistake as "real racists" is of course evidence of him being a kind of racist himself, just seeing every ethnic minority as part of the same unified culture which he has to tolerate, whereas they see things clearly, showing contempt for the primitive followers of the Islamic death cult while respecting* the cultures of peaceful peoples like Sikhs and the like.

*Not just tolerating.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lord Tywin posted:

It certainly is but the bullshit that we call " gender science" here in Sweden goes against other hard sciences like biology and evolutionary psychology. You should really watch Hjernevask and see what kind of bullshit it is, but I guess you don't like things that go against your politics! Just like our "public service" that refuses to show the documentary and turns a blind eye towards left-wingers while anyone right of S are scrutinized.

Hjernevask was poo poo and it was embarrassing watching a childhood hero arguing that black people are dumber than white people.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

GlennFinito posted:

Did you check the youtube channel it was uploaded from?

e: Because it's basically youtube slash channel slash islamophobia

How is that relevant? The original source is a state-owned newspaper that is often accused of being too left-wing. Mostly these cartoons have made fun of the right, so it's no surprise that a more ambiguous (or lovely) piece is being re-blogged by assholes. We see a lot of that kind of thing because the state owned outlets are expected to provide a "balanced" range of views (give a voice to everyone), even if those views are pretty lovely. I really do think they're trying to do the Charlie Hebdo thing and being irreverent and edgy leftists, but I'm not denying that the end result is unfunny crap.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 27, 2016

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Biomute posted:

How is that relevant? The original source is a state-owned newspaper that is often accused of being too left-wing. Mostly these cartoons have made fun of the right, so it's no surprise that a more ambiguous (or lovely) piece is being re-blogged by assholes. We see a lot of that kind of thing because the state owned outlets are expected to provide a "balanced" range of views (give a voice to everyone), even if those views are pretty lovely. I really do think they're trying to do the Charlie Hebdo thing and being irreverent and edgy leftists, but I'm not denying that the end result is unfunny crap.

If you're referring to this:

"Boko Harams sex slaves are pissed"
"Don't touch our welfare!"

It's them poking fun at the rantings from parties like Front Nationale in France. But then again, thats pretty easy to see. And for you, Tywin, it means that a sex-slavery induced pregnancy is not a voulantary condition with any woman and that these people are not "in it" for the welfare cheque.

That clip on the other hand might as well have been made as a 4chan gif. I don't see alot of leftists defending the sexual harssment in Cologne as "cultural exchanges", it's not even offensive, it's just lame.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Like they have to occasionally have to say "hey, don't be a dick, that dude isn't Muslim, so don't blame him for terrorism!"

Are you suggesting that blaming someone for terrorism on the ground of them being Muslim is a reasonable thing to do? :psyduck:

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Biomute posted:

I suppose me not knowing the original source and looking at the channel it was uploaded for context from meant I took it differently. I suppose you could see the problematic ally-racism and cultural ignorance of the main character of the skit but to me it's perry bible fellowship levels of interpretation.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
http://www.5080.no/2016/01/twitrere-kritiske-ny-charlie-hebdo-tegning-verken-morsom-eller-om-muhammed/

Fluff, its (probably) ages until next election in any of our glorious scandinations, so could you please just :gas: the thread until its appropriate to have it reopened?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

Are you suggesting that blaming someone for terrorism on the ground of them being Muslim is a reasonable thing to do? :psyduck:
Dude, did you read the rest of the sentence? Plus I explicitly call them racist in the sentence before that one too. The whole point is that these people think that that is being reasonable and "not racist", while lashing out at every type of foreigner is the hallmark of real racists, who are unsophisticated boors who don't have the brainpower to distinguish between good (Sikh) and bad (Muslim) foreigners.

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

[Fluff, its (probably) ages until next election in any of our glorious scandinations, so could you please just :gas: the thread until its appropriate to have it reopened?
What does elections have to do with anything?

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 27, 2016

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

There's a big difference between paying off your mortgage, which is financially sound risk-mitigation and diversification, to having your house, a highly illiquid and fluctuating asset which you live in, being your only savings.

But that's kinda the norm unless you're superrich though? Most people cannot afford to have stocks, bonds, trust funds AND loans on a house. if they do have a sizeable chunk of change they plonk it down as a downpayment on their hous to reduce the size of the massive loving loan they need to take from the bank (at admittadly low interest...for now).

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I'll go one further

Lord Tywin posted:

goes against other hard sciences like biology

HAHAHA, what's a fish?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What does elections have to do with anything?

the thread is poo poo when its running on fumes/endless immigration discourse

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Dude, did you read the rest of the sentence? Plus I explicitly call them racist in the sentence before that one too. The whole point is that these people think that that is being reasonable and "not racist", while lashing out at every type of foreigner is the hallmark of real racists, who are unsophisticated boors who don't have the brainpower to distinguish between good (Sikh) and bad (Muslim) foreigners.

I read your whole post, but did not understand :downs:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

But that's kinda the norm unless you're superrich though? Most people cannot afford to have stocks, bonds, trust funds AND loans on a house. if they do have a sizeable chunk of change they plonk it down as a downpayment on their hous to reduce the size of the massive loving loan they need to take from the bank (at admittadly low interest...for now).

Which is why we are hosed when the bubble pops. Nevertheless, an educated economist and national minister of finance should know better.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

But how is that different when there's an election?? It's the same discussion, just with more posts.

Potrzebie posted:

I read your whole post, but did not understand :downs:
It's because you're the real racist, against Danes.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

One side is so incompetent they couldn't fold an umbrella and the other, while marginally more capable, aren't able to do anything but malice.
:negative:

I hate politics.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Xoidanor posted:

Which is why we are hosed when the bubble pops. Nevertheless, an educated economist and national minister of finance should know better.

I'm pretty sure she's well aware of this, the problem is stopping it without risking a neo-liberal fueled "anti-buissness" witchhunt in the media and loosing votes. Raising taxes, removing these retarded RUT/ROT deductions and tightening up the requirements on new housing loans coupled with pouring money into cheap rentals would be halfway to fixing the probolem in like 3 years.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i agree with biomute re: that nrk piece

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

LOL
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/tiotusentals-asylsokande-ska-avvisas
It is interesting how the winds have changed, 6 months ago these statements would have been politically impossible.
Probably we will bribe Afghanistan to take back their underage asylum seekers, ironically putting them in a worse situation since a lot started off from living in Iran.

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Oh, like the other Scandithread also does?
Don't make me come there, it makes GBS look good.

Also, an excerpt from Flashback dedicated to TheFluff.
A slight difference from the one liners in this thread.
Nota Bene:
I don't care or support the views below, it is just an example regarding a dude TheFluff have posted about in this thread.

Flashback posted:

Jag vänder mig mot den onyanserade bilden av vänstern i tråden. Anti-globalismen och protektionismen finns kvar inom rörelsen, vilket jag exemplifierade ovan med en ledare i Proletären om behovet av förstärkta gränskontroller. Greider har knappast hittat en väg ur paradigmet utan börjar snarare återgå till den ursprungliga ideologin inom den vänsterfalang han själv representanter.
Redan för flera år sedan beskrev Rasmus Fleischer i Arena-krönikan "Nationalvänstern - så funkar den" schismen som nu intensifieras inom vänstern mellan protektionisterna och det Ung Vänster då kallade "den verklighetsfrånvända chicvänstern". Texten är skriven före SDs inträde i riksdagen och anledningen till att nationalvänstern legat lågt sedan dess är förstås risken för brunstämpel då dess retorik faktiskt är snarlik SDs.
"Övertygelsen stärktes av nejsegern i EMU-omröstningen som försatte förbundsledningen i en märklig völkisch-eufori; pressmeddelanden skickades ut där ordet »folk« förekom i nästan varje mening och motsättningen mellan arbete och kapital var som bortblåst till förmån för en retorik där »svenska folket« sagt ett »medborgerligt Nej – en folklig skrevspark« mot »etablissemanget« och »den verklighetsfrånvända chicvänstern«.
Vänsterpartiets ungdomsförbund gav även en förklaring till varför man anser att demokrati är omöjlig utanför nationalstatens ram: »Det finns inget europeiskt folk, ingen gemensam europeisk debatt, ingen gemensam folklig kultur«."
http://www.magasinetarena.se/2004/02...s-_funkar_den/
Fleischer, som själv är (uppenbart) kritisk till "nationalvänstern" tar även upp Per Albins hårdföra nationalism i den klassiska valskriften "Sverige åt svenskarna – svenskarna åt Sverige!"
Nationalvänstern lever men hålls tillbaka av det bisarra politiska debattklimatet i Sverige där allt utgår ifrån SD och Björns Söders senaste tweets. Umgås man med "chicvänstern" som även dominerar MSM blir det dålig stämning om man för samma ursprungliga vänsterresonemang som ledarskribenterna i Proletären.
Den motsättningen är inte ny utan fanns redan mellan SAPs arbetarpionjärer och dåtidens medelklass som insåg de politiska karriärmöjligheterna när socialdemokratin etablerades och expanderade.
På samma sätt som MSMs chicvänster idag utmålar nationalvänstern, inte minst inom fackföreningsrörelsen, som bakåtsträvande, normativa, vita kränkta män försökte vänstermedelklassen fostra de burdusa grovhuggna arbetarna av August Palm-modell till en mer klädsam retorik.
Motsättningen fanns också inom 68-rörelsen när den gräsrökande medelklassvänstern i plyschoveraller hamnade i konflikt med arbetare i blåställ som inte uppskattade skådespelet av experimentella kollektivbohemer sponsrade av pappas pengar.
Nationalvänstern befinner sig nu i den märkliga situationen att delar av deras retorik har kapats av sverigedemokrater som t.o.m. hyllar folkhemmet men vars socialkonservatism och suspekta rötter gör dem omöjliga som alternativ. Här någonstans sitter Greider och halsar pilsner och undrar vad fan som hände när en ung rasifierad kvinna i en annan ledare hånar vita gubbar och samtidigt kräver ett tack för besväret.
Den bästa beskrivningen av denna vänsterns vånda just nu är Forssbergs ovannämnda ledare "Migrationsdebatten blir svår för vänstern".
http://www.expressen.se/ledare/johan...-for-vanstern/

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
det här landet är en jävla skam

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure she's well aware of this, the problem is stopping it without risking a neo-liberal fueled "anti-buissness" witchhunt in the media and loosing votes. Raising taxes, removing these retarded RUT/ROT deductions and tightening up the requirements on new housing loans coupled with pouring money into cheap rentals would be halfway to fixing the probolem in like 3 years.

We were talking about her private finances.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

det här landet är en jävla skam

Vi är fortfarande bättre än dansken :sweden:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Vi är fortfarande bättre än dansken :sweden:
Weren't you sending a bunch of asylum seekers back to like, Afghanistan, instead of the countries they stayed in prior to going to Europe? Your actions as a country might have given more people a place to stay, but you're also going to be putting a lot more people in an even worse situation than before they went to Sweden. The Danish policy of "Stay away, or we'll send you back to be executed" is clearly the more humane option, as we're not the country currently planning to send 80,000 people back to be executed.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i agree with biomute re: that nrk piece

I disagree:colbert:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Lord Tywin posted:

It certainly is but the bullshit that we call " gender science" here in Sweden goes against other hard sciences like biology and evolutionary psychology

alright, how would you define gender biologically? by genitals? then what about intersex (hermaphrodites)? and do eunuchs stop being "male" simply because their genitals are removed? by chromosome pairs? then what about XXX, XXY, XYY, and all other wonderful chromosome aneuploidies?

ulvir fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 28, 2016

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Weren't you sending a bunch of asylum seekers back to like, Afghanistan, instead of the countries they stayed in prior to going to Europe? Your actions as a country might have given more people a place to stay, but you're also going to be putting a lot more people in an even worse situation than before they went to Sweden. The Danish policy of "Stay away, or we'll send you back to be executed" is clearly the more humane option, as we're not the country currently planning to send 80,000 people back to be executed.

Expelling failed asylum seekers is hardly a new policy.

e: Although the press (both foreign and domestic) treating it as such is surely a victory for Ygeman. He's playing them (and you people) like a fiddle. Hundreds of "stay away, we're full" for the price of none.

e2: Just to be clear: those 80,000 include Dublin. There's literally hi Ligur! nothing newsworthy about his statements but for the sheer scope of it necessitating a move from regular to chartered planes.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 28, 2016

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Expelling failed asylum seekers is hardly a new policy.
That is not really relevant. You had the ability to save these people, by not making Sweden sound like a wonderful place to go to, but instead you continued a policy meant to make you look good only to send tens of thousands of people to their deaths.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That is not really relevant. You had the ability to save these people, by not making Sweden sound like a wonderful place to go to, but instead you continued a policy meant to make you look good only to send tens of thousands of people to their deaths.

That's a rather fanciful interpretations of events and motives, I must admit. Wrong, also.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

only to send tens of thousands of people to their deaths.

We have a massive influx of opportunity seekers along with asylum seekers. The former are not sent back to their deaths but rather to a poor shithole where they will not reach their full potential. This might be bad in and of itself, but it is not quite as barbaric as you would paint it.

Sending people to their death would be a breech of immigration law. We only send certain people to their death when the CIA asks us nicely or when they are gay or activists or we feel like it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ulvir posted:

alright, how would you define gender biologically? by genitals? then what about intersex (hermaphrodites)? and do eunuchs stop being "male" simply because their genitals are removed? by chromosome pairs? then what about XXX, XXY, XYY, and all other wonderful chromosome aneuploidies?

genetic sex is actually not that difficult to fit into a binary system here. it is a perfectly legitimate term to use, though it's obviously tiresome to take the side of someone who considers evolutionary psychology a "hard science"

the genetic definition is that if one has a Y chromosome, one is male. this does not change in the case of XYYs, or Klinefelter's syndrome. a better example is the viability of apparently female silent-Y individuals as shown in an episdoe of hit show house, MD. regardless, research is done on the basis of genetic sex, and this is both productive and purposeful - though it obviously is not necessarily directly applicable to social gender roles and norms, it is by no means entirely disconnected either

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also temporary armament is over for now

guessing it'll be back once they find some pretext, though

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So is each and every Danish citizen gonna be given some dental pliers by the state so they can extract any possible gold teeth from the refugees, or will they have to supply their own?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Neeksy posted:

So is each and every Danish citizen gonna be given some dental pliers by the state so they can extract any possible gold teeth from the refugees, or will they have to supply their own?

It'll be self service, surely.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
If I go to finnish social services, I get subjected to the exact same procedures. Is this humanitarian crisis also?

They don't perform a cavity search but that's just because that would involve them doing something themselves, so they just require proof that it was done and I'm free to pick from any of the public or private bum rustlers.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

http://politik.tv2.dk/2016-01-28-pia-kjaersgaard-derfor-boer-avis-traekke-nazi-tegning-af-loekke-tilbage

:qq: it's not fair, you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

:effort:

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 28, 2016

• Locked thread