Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
What's happening here?

http://www.logistics.dbschenker.se/log-se-se/press/arkivoverview/7992852/20140911_leveranser_till_rinkeby_stoppas.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
So now Lövfén is a jiujitsu master that wrestles journalists and shoves Annie Lööf in a debate.
Sort of like Putin but without nuclear weapons.
:allears:

And Jimmie Åkesson is apparently a gambling addict in denial.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=4657&grupp=20696&artikel=5963442

Fader Movitz fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 12, 2014

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
It's Swedish Armageddon, just like Reinfeldt warned us about if we vote for the Left. A milder, gentler, and more boring End of Days.

And somewhere, in a quiet suburb, a recycling container for plastics is being stuffed with cardboard and metal cans.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
F! Gets 3.9% out of 4% needed to get into parliament in Expressen/Demoskop.

Demoskop's Poll:

V: 7,2 (+1,6)

S: 29,2 (-1,5)

MP: 9,7 (+2,4)

C: 6,8 (+0,2)

FP: 5,9 (-1,2)

KD: 4,9 (-0,7)

M: 20,9 (-9,2)

SD: 10,2 (+4,5)

FI: 3,9 (+3,5)

Övriga: 1,4 (+0,4)

46.1% for The opposition, 50.1% if F! snags six thousand votes untill Sunday.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 12, 2014

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/schenker-stoppar-sina-leveranser-till-rinkeby/
Apparently their drivers were attacked

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Now where is our dear American expatriate "getting chuckles" about how "miniscule" our silly Swedish problems are and foreseeing a glorious future for Malmö because of that one time he wandered around Rosengård and made it out unscathed?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
He was and is completely right, though.

kalven
Feb 17, 2006

Fader Movitz posted:

So now Lövfén is a jiujitsu master that wrestles journalists and shoves Annie Lööf in a debate.

Or maybe we can stick to realty.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Cardiac posted:

On the other hand, SD could have a monkey as party leader and still get votes as long as this stands.
Result:

and cause:
http://meritwager.wordpress.com/201...asylmissbruket/

Hm an unsourced blog. This changes everything.

quote:

Min bästa vän –vi kan kalla honom Abdullah

quote:

Abdullah är troende muslim och går regelbundet till moskén. En dag vänder han sig till mig
och säger: ”Du, jag är ledsen för ditt land, men ärligt talat, jag tror att Sverige är muslimskt inom tjugo år.”

Seems legit.

nagel posted:

Growth is a serious issue, and by bringing up a dissenting opinion on growth as a positive, they are at least talking about the issue, albeit in a very limited fashion. And I don't blame them for not having an alternative, as of yet. How do you present a viable alternative to a system that has permeated the globe for several hundred years, and that is hammered into the public by pretty much every politician and media outlet except for those that also bring up Jewish banking conspiracies and other stuff? Without working for a violent revolution?

In other ways, MP has had some good intentions with not so good results, in my opinion a legacy from their roots, the anti-nuclear movement where they (as all others) confused nuclear energy with nuclear weapons. Even though their record on the environment is far from perfect, it's as if the other parties simply don't care about doing some real work, C and their animal rights, while good, is not enough.

As for nuclear, I don't see how we can replace 40-50% (depending on year) of our electricity, while keeping competitive energy prices for industry, with wind, solar and forest products. Also, I want the forest products to be reserved for gasoline replacement. It's very likely that we can do both, but right now, with legislation acting as an anchor, it's better to focus on one area. Wind and solar are not all that efficient and I don't like how dirty the production of the actual solar and wind plants are. I want me some Thorium reactors, but that is not really realistic, at the moment.

Regarding the risks of nuclear, they are quite exaggerated, our minds have a tendency to inflate the dangers associated with risk types such as nuclear energy. Nuclear is not completely safe, but nothing really is. I see nuclear as something that makes us avoid oil, coal and gas, which is good from several perspectives.

Yeah, nuclear is obviously better than coal or gas. But increasing energy effiency (there is a huge potential for this) and using renewable energy where we do need it seems a much better idea, imo. According to Energimyndighetens latest long-term prognosis, our energy consumption will decrease slightly by 2030 and we will probably reach 50% renewable energy production by 2020. That's just given the policies we have today, I think it's fair to assume a greater emphasis on environmental policy could achieve much more than that. Sadly, MP has toned down a lot of their growth critique. Don't want to miss out on all those middle class voters, I suppose.

Meanwhile, I found a pamphlet on my bike today. Islam is the light apparently. I thought about checking how many votes they got last election, but they don't think people should vote since democracy was created by people and not god so welp.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Konec Hry posted:

He was and is completely right, though.

Well poo poo, I guess we're morons then and need a Yank to talk down to us with patronizing bullshit to make us realize how easy to fix our problems are.

Btw, how is it possible for the wealthiest nation in history to have social problems so much worse than ours? Come on, you're an icon of liberty and prosperity for the whole world. You hold that all men are created equal, I mean your founding fathers figured that poo poo out way back. I think all you need to do is get together and talk out your issues like the shining beacon of democracy you are, amirite? Maybe someday I'll move to the US and get myself a big house with a white picket fence. *chuckle*

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Meanwhile, I found a pamphlet on my bike today. Islam is the light apparently. I thought about checking how many votes they got last election, but they don't think people should vote since democracy was created by people and not god so welp.

A few hundred members, according to SR: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=3993&artikel=5963116

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

This is pretty damning. To say that half a million doesn't affect your life is tantamount to being completely detached from reality, and it's disrespectful to voters who would find half a million life-changing. Of course, SD will just magically gain a few percentage points from it, because SD! :v:

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Can someone explain SD's massive gains in recent years? This is the party that didn't have any parliamentary presence as recently as 2006 and now seems poised to become the third largest one come Sunday. I find it odd because immigration has been a hot issue for decades (or nobody would have heard of Ny Demokrati) and while I used to see their eventual entrance into Riksdagen as inevitable, I naively thought their brand of populism wouldn't appeal to Swedes enough to garner them more than 5-6 % for the foreseeable future. Is it related to sossarnas decade-long existential crisis or all due to Åkessons charisma and political acumen?

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Karpaw posted:

Can someone explain SD's massive gains in recent years? This is the party that didn't have any parliamentary presence as recently as 2006 and now seems poised to become the third largest one come Sunday. I find it odd because immigration has been a hot issue for decades (or nobody would have heard of Ny Demokrati) and while I used to see their eventual entrance into Riksdagen as inevitable, I naively thought their brand of populism wouldn't appeal to Swedes enough to garner them more than 5-6 % for the foreseeable future. Is it related to sossarnas decade-long existential crisis or all due to Åkessons charisma and political acumen?

They have siphoned off enormous amounts of xenophobic M voters who want to force M to reconcider. M has also lost the middle class to S. M is heading towards complete disaster and the intresting thing will be to see what happens to SD and M when Reinfeldt throws in the towel and quits.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2014

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Karpaw posted:

lilljonas summed it up well:

lilljonas posted:

By pretending to be outside the system (yet voting for Alliansen 80% of the time) you can frame yourself as the outsider that challenges the status quo and traditional politics. SD combines that with giving very simple answers ("if we stop immigration everyone will get tons of money for everything, and everybody wins!") which will never be tried and thereby they will never have to be questioned when their simple idea fails to deliver.

That alone is enough to earn a lot of votes from generally low-educated low-information voters who think that they have good ideas that those gosh darned intellectuals in the cities just are too pompous to listen to.

It doesn't get better when the last decades of market economy (both under S and Alliansen) more clearly divided our society into winners and losers, with increasing income divide, decreasing support for the financially and socially weakest etc. It is simple (and more self-flattering) to imagine that the reason why you are being shat upon by society as a low-income, low-educated rural voter is because of those immigrants taking your jobs and resources. It is harder to face the truth that what you have to offer is being valued less and less on the competative international market, and there are fewer and fewer mechanisms to prop you up if you are in this group.

Add the gender issues of a rural Sweden where young women are increasingly leaving the villages to move into the cities for education and careers, while young men are more often staying, and you get all kinds of backlash against the modern international society. There are off course a ton of other issues going on as well, but it's not a mystery that a value-conservative xenophobic party like SD are most successful among rural young men, and that there is a clear misogynist and anti-intellectual undertone below the more obvious racist agenda. Rural boys love that poo poo, and SD's got their vote.

E: Why they became so strong just now though I think can be attributed to Åkesson. Everyone below him is literally a retard it seems. Will be interesting to see if his gambling addiction will have any effect on their result.

Captain Scandinaiva fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 12, 2014

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Karpaw posted:

Well poo poo, I guess we're morons then and need a Yank to talk down to us with patronizing bullshit to make us realize how easy to fix our problems are.

Btw, how is it possible for the wealthiest nation in history to have social problems so much worse than ours? Come on, you're an icon of liberty and prosperity for the whole world. You hold that all men are created equal, I mean your founding fathers figured that poo poo out way back. I think all you need to do is get together and talk out your issues like the shining beacon of democracy you are, amirite? Maybe someday I'll move to the US and get myself a big house with a white picket fence. *chuckle*

Sadly it seems the blue block is trying its hardest American-ify the Swedish economy, so maybe the US can serve as a living cautionary tale about going down the neoliberal path. Reinfeldt sucks but he's no Reagan or even Thatcher in terms of evil.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

Hm an unsourced blog. This changes everything.

Seems legit.

Yeah, nuclear is obviously better than coal or gas. But increasing energy effiency (there is a huge potential for this) and using renewable energy where we do need it seems a much better idea, imo. According to Energimyndighetens latest long-term prognosis, our energy consumption will decrease slightly by 2030 and we will probably reach 50% renewable energy production by 2020. That's just given the policies we have today, I think it's fair to assume a greater emphasis on environmental policy could achieve much more than that. Sadly, MP has toned down a lot of their growth critique. Don't want to miss out on all those middle class voters, I suppose.

I guess I have some reading to do! Also, never heard of that Islamic party, I kind of want to see SD's reaction.

Where I live, outside Stockholm, I haven't seen SD's valstuga, until a couple of days ago, but it was just a table and some banners. I guess they didn't feel like bothering after the last election, when their valstuga turned upside down after a few days. Literally, upside down. And with a whole lot of swastikas added. Lärarförbundet has set up shop though, and some kind of pensioner's association. MP just has a cargo container, which I kinda like.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nagel posted:

I guess I have some reading to do! Also, never heard of that Islamic party, I kind of want to see SD's reaction.

Where I live, outside Stockholm, I haven't seen SD's valstuga, until a couple of days ago, but it was just a table and some banners. I guess they didn't feel like bothering after the last election, when their valstuga turned upside down after a few days. Literally, upside down. And with a whole lot of swastikas added. Lärarförbundet has set up shop though, and some kind of pensioner's association. MP just has a cargo container, which I kinda like.

Back during the European election all parties had been invited to a political conference to introduce themselves to the new immigrants in our city. The Swedish democrats just kinda stood awkwardly outside for the period and didn't dare to enter. Immigrant kids (who crushed the windows of their car just the day before) camping out the entrance probably had something to do with it but still. That they even bothered to show up amazes me. :v:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Cardiac posted:

Based on answers in this thread I am not at all surprised D&D contains a non-ironic Marxism thread.

Based on your :smug: posting, I just went to vote the polar opposite of SD. Thanks for keeping Sweden clean! :)

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Cardiac posted:

Based on answers in this thread I am not at all surprised D&D contains a non-ironic Marxism thread.

https://status.st SD-heavy though, but contains all polls.

Tell us about cultural Marxism.

As for the election tomorrow: Do you really want to keep these guys in power? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3du3JxFM8A No? Then vote F! or S/V/MP.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I kind of regret not voting fi now. I don't really agree with a lot of what they say, but they'll be an excellent trolling of SDers

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I kind of regret not voting fi now. I don't really agree with a lot of what they say, but they'll be an excellent trolling of SDers

Now that would be a debate worth seeing.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

My PIN is 4826 posted:

You can still change your mind, if you vote on election day that overrides any vote you may have cast earlier.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

TheFluff posted:

You can still change your mind, if you vote on election day that overrides any vote you may have cast earlier.

I'm an expat v:shobon:v

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
This is a political thread we should have pictures like in the Political Pictures thread AND THEY SHOULD BE INCISIVE

I DONT KNOW

PERFUNCTORY

ubergnu fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 13, 2014

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Vote F! for a parliamenteray majority S government.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Time for KD to modernize and generalize its appeal, Religionsdemokraterna here we come :getin:

Meanwhile I find Centerns recent rise in the polls completely mystifying, considering media has spent the last couple of years making GBS threads on Lööf and C has been on the brink of falling below 4%. I haven't been following the debates, so what's with the sudden spurt in popularity?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Pimpmust posted:

Time for KD to modernize and generalize its appeal, Religionsdemokraterna here we come :getin:

Meanwhile I find Centerns recent rise in the polls completely mystifying, considering media has spent the last couple of years making GBS threads on Lööf and C has been on the brink of falling below 4%. I haven't been following the debates, so what's with the sudden spurt in popularity?

Actually, C is in a position where they should be able to easily grab 7-8% if the party was better managed. It is the only party on the right that even remotely pretends to care about the environment, and Swedes generally care about that. All advertisement from C that I've seen in town has been about the environment. So, if we assume that there are a bunch of people who have the environment as one of their primary interests, and they don't want to vote MP for some reason, there's really no other place for them to go.

Additionally, the people I know who vote C are all right wing people who own small companies or care a lot about small companies. M is pretty much in the pocket of big business, and FP is pretty invisible on those issues, as well as KD. So if you are a small business-owner bourgeois, C should be in a good position to get your vote. Combine that with rural people who hate MP because they want to raise gas prices, and you should have three pretty solid voter groups to appeal to.

So I think that the sudden rise of C is not so surprising, but rather a return to the kind of figures that you'd expect their political agenda should give them. Basically, it's them not underperforming as tremendously as they've done the last couple of years, and Lööf dialing back her personal (and completely idiotic) political ideals and banking more towards the kind of rhetoric that people are used to hear from C.

Now, C is remarkable because they suck so badly that they have been floating around 4-5% for a long time, which is more of a testament to how poor the current party leadership is, than how attractive C could potentially be. After all, C used to be a major player, for a long time much stronger than M. It's easy to forget that M was nowhere as dominant on the right before, the M dominance was born during the first period of the alliansen, when they simultaneously cannibalized a lot of the support for the other parties.

When I was younger C was a solid 10-12% party, and before that it was a 15-25% party. In a future with a weakened M without Reinfelt, Borg and Bildt, which I kind of expect if they lose, it's not hard to imagine that C (and even FP if they kick out Björklund and reform the party) could snatch back a lot of support from M, giving us three right wing parties who are more equal in size. This would fit the view on the left, where S is gradually losing dominance and we'll see three (or even four) parties that are much more equal in size and power.

tl:dr - C is a party that should have 8% if they basically said and did nothing at all. Anything below that is just them actively pushing people away from their party.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 13, 2014

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah well all that really doesn't explain this sudden surge. The farmers hate C/the right now due to certain... statements, and even Dagens Industri takes the piss out of C at any opportunity.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

Yeah well all that really doesn't explain this sudden surge. The farmers hate C/the right now due to certain... statements, and even Dagens Industri takes the piss out of C at any opportunity.

I guess the american libertarian rhetoric she has been borrowing from so heavily during the last year is just really popular amongst a certain segment of the voters. :shrug:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 13, 2014

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

lilljonas posted:

tl:dr - C is a party that should have 8% if they basically said and did nothing at all. Anything below that is just them actively pushing people away from their party.

I never got C. They were always the old farmers party and now there is very little farmers left. After that i have never really gotten a clear picture of what their politics are and they don't really follow a good party line.
Right wing environmentalists?
More autonomy for diffrent regions?
At any time you think you know what they are they suggest something completely insane. Like letting librarys be run by private and for profit compaines

I feel that any party of their size should keep to their main issues (whatever they are).

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Here's an interview with Göran Persson concerning some current stuff. Including putin and a cooperation with MP. It's pretty intresting.

http://podtrac.com/player/MzgyNDk1/MTM1

Say what you want about him but he is argubly one of the more gifted prime ministers we ever had.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

White Rock posted:

I never got C. They were always the old farmers party and now there is very little farmers left. After that i have never really gotten a clear picture of what their politics are and they don't really follow a good party line.
Right wing environmentalists?
More autonomy for diffrent regions?
At any time you think you know what they are they suggest something completely insane. Like letting librarys be run by private and for profit compaines

I feel that any party of their size should keep to their main issues (whatever they are).

Well, farmers are often operating as self-employed or as businesses with very few employees these days, so it kind of makes sense that the farmers party kind of mutated into a party that wants to remove most taxes for small sized companies. M used to be the party that wanted to remove all taxes all the time, but that went away with the refurnishing by Schlingmann: "Nya moderaterna" was supposed to be a more trustworthy, all-encompassing party that the average person should trust the running of the country to. For that you need taxes, so M stopped using "tax cuts for everything" as their main talking point. That meant that the tax hater voting group was up for grabs, and hey, we just happen to have a new young rabid libertarian party leader for C....

Basically C is a party that hates taxes, loves small businesses, pretend to like the environment... and hates taxes?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Here's an interview with Göran Persson concerning some current stuff. Including putin and a cooperation with MP. It's pretty intresting.

http://podtrac.com/player/MzgyNDk1/MTM1

Say what you want about him but he is argubly one of the more gifted prime ministers we ever had.

This is real good, so thanks for posting it. I only wish Kielos was a bit more argumentative, simply so he was forced to develop his standpoints a bit. But I agree with what you said, Persson was, and is, reallly smart - härskartekniker and boorishness notwithstanding.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Somebody find a melody that fits these lyrics asap, tia :v:

quote:

Jimmie spelade på nätet
Sade stolt och smått förmätet:
Riksdagsplatsen, den är säker
Ingen risk att fogden vräker
Mig ifrån min lägenhet
Ingen svår förlägenhet
Ska mig drabba; jag har stålar
Jag kan spela till jag kolar.

Men vår Jimmie kom till korta:
Snart var alla pengar borta
"Ack, en blatte kan ju råna,
Men en pursvensk måste låna!
Sagt och gjort: han tog kredit
Sedan gick han på en nit
Sagt och gjort: han tog en till,
Snart gick även det till spill.

Snart så gick han till Albaner,
Juggar, Ryssar, romska klaner
"Om ni lånar mig en hacka
Ska jag be om att få tacka:
Öppna gränser, ingen tull,
Höga bidrag - för er skull!
Tro mig, det ska nog gå lätt,
Svensson röstar oavsett!

Men det finns ju ingen kur
Mot en ständig brist tur;
Trots hans idoga försök
Gick hans pengar upp i rök.
Han fanns sig dock snart till rätta
Med sitt bidrag och sin etta:
"Den finns ej en större seger
Än att ej bli född till neger!".
https://www.flashback.org/sp50335385

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Star posted:

This is real good, so thanks for posting it. I only wish Kielos was a bit more argumentative, simply so he was forced to develop his standpoints a bit. But I agree with what you said, Persson was, and is, reallly smart - härskartekniker and boorishness notwithstanding.

My aunts husband worked at the department of finance under Persson for 10 years, and later under Anders Borg. He said, "Borg has confidence but not pragmatism, Persson always litsened to what we had to say even if he is a buffalo".

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I tried :v:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
People aren't posting enough pictures! Here, have one of the shittiest made photos of electioning ever made in a Stockholm suburb. (Although, it has the beard bros in the right part)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Fredmans Sång No. 32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

this thread needed more songs made by troper bronies tbh