Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Players
  1. Asiina
  2. busb
  3. Captain Foo
  4. chaoslord
  5. Elephant
  6. fiery_valkyrie
  7. Juanito
  8. Kellsterik
  9. King Burgundy
  10. Savahontas
  11. Strong Mouse
  12. tearshed
  13. yuming

Day One: tearshed, Damon "Wordsworth" Hill, Mafia-Aligned Demagogue was lynched day one!
Night One: King Burgundy, Sierra “Enigma” Miller, Town-Aligned Mechanomancer was killed night one!

Day Two: Kellsterik, Nasir “Redeye” Oric, Town-Aligned Oneiromancer was lynched day two!
Night Two: Juanito, Nelly “Bodybag” Cage, Town-Aligned Entropomancer died night two!
yuming, George “Whoopee” Hamlin, Mafia-Aligned Fool died night two!

Day Three:Elephant, Johnny “The Hook” Ramone, Town-Aligned Executioner was lynched day three!
Night Three: Captain Foo, Marla “Janus” Wei, Town-Aligned Personamancer died night three!

Day Four: Not a single person was lynched! No one! Crazy.
Night Four: chaoslord, Ralph “The Narquis de Sade” Steadman, Town-Aligned Narco-Alchemist died night four!

This is a mafia game for thirteen players.

Items of note:

1) Everyone gets a power role.
2) Alignment is randomized in regards to role. A scum can be Cop and a Town can be a Godfather, etc.
3) There are a lot of non-standard roles. I'm going to include detailed role information in the flips.
4) I worked to make sure roles are balanced. That said, there are thirteen power roles in this game so ymmv.
5) Standard mafia rules apply.

What is Unknown Armies? It's a kickin' rad 90's roleplaying game setting. If you've ever read a Tim Powers novel, it's pretty much that. There are Avatars of collective unconscious working as cashiers and wizards who gain mana from buying a first-edition autographed Dickens novel. Here are some words from the game itself.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Guaranteed a role? put me in :cool:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I'm so busy but I love power roles so much....

Okay put me in.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Yes please.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I want a power role.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Yeah sure.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im the dipsomancer

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Let's do this

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'll play but only on the condition that you get Savahontas to play too Somberbrero~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

busb posted:

I'll play but only on the condition that you get Savahontas to play too Somberbrero~

She says she's too busy and also she hates mafia :(

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I DID NOT SAY THAT. Busb I have missed you! I will play your stupid game, Somberbrero, and I will win it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Savahontas posted:

I DID NOT SAY THAT. Busb I have missed you! I will play your stupid game, Somberbrero, and I will win it.

I guess you have nothing to lose with a 0% success rate!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

Hahah. poo poo. i was counting on you hating mafia and not playing. Oh well guess i'm playing too then!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Only playing if you make Savahontas and myself the same role.

PILLBUG MOTION WILL RETURN

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I would like to be a power role please

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

busb posted:

Hahah. poo poo. i was counting on you hating mafia and not playing. Oh well guess i'm playing too then!

Jokes on you! Get ready to play some mafia!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Only playing if you make Savahontas and myself the same role.

PILLBUG MOTION WILL RETURN

I can't guarantee that without hurting the game :( It's certainly a possibility though!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Are you willing to take a brand new player? If so, I'll join! No promises I won't be bad...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Strong Mouse posted:

Are you willing to take a brand new player? If so, I'll join! No promises I won't be bad...
If I could run every game with only new players, I would. Welcome, hope you're down with a weird game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Strong Mouse posted:

This is going to be my fifth game and I'm absolutely terrible so you have one person you can be better than!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is bad at mafia.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Strong Mouse posted:

QUESTION. How did you get here? Did you read the mafia discussion thread first then try to find a game, or were you just browsing the game room and decide to join?

It's for a survey.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

Everyone is bad at mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Two spots open, or one if MEDS still wants to play!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
If I can't play UA, I can at least play a UA-flavored mafia game!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

tearshed posted:

QUESTION. How did you get here? Did you read the mafia discussion thread first then try to find a game, or were you just browsing the game room and decide to join?

It's for a survey.

I saw the mafia discussion thread, and I followed it to the mafia announcement thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kellsterik posted:

If I can't play UA, I can at least play a UA-flavored mafia game!

Same :(

I have a bunch of ideas I didn't use for this setup, so if there's any interest I'll run another afterwards.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
The Green Glass Grail scenario from Weep probably has potential as a Mafia-like thing.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll play or be replacement~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool, I'll send out roles later tonight. MEDS, you have first dibs on the 13th spot if you want to claim it inbetween now and then.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Triskaidekamage spotted

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

Triskaidekamage spotted

:aaa:

why aren't YOU running this game?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

:aaa:

why aren't YOU running this game?

idk, i actually own the UA book but I've never actually run it or even played it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Strongmouse! I need an email adress or for you to get private messages.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Somberbrero posted:

Strongmouse! I need an email adress or for you to get private messages.

strong.mouse1632 at gmail dot com

sorry about that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Roles should be out, please let me know if I missed you somehow.

In the world of the weird, you learn to accept coincidences for what they are, incontrovertible fact. You found yourself wandering towards the warehouse district, allowing yourself to be guided as the vessel of someone unknown force weaving an invisible patten. Standard stuff, really. As you entered through the back door of an abandoned shipping facility, you weren't surprised to see others waiting. A few more trickled in, until it seemed the flow of people had stopped.

As if one of you had wished a distraction into being to being to prevent the unfortunate necessity of small talk, not that anyone possessed such awe-inspiring powers, a bang emanated from the other end of the warehouse. A man so tremendously injured as to be unrecognizable stumbled forth from behind an office door on the other end of the warehouse. He took four steps, tried to wave a missing limb, and collapsed to the floor.

In his jacket pocket, there was this note.

quote:

Dear Freaks,

I know that this isn't exactly the coziest community, and god knows it was a sonuvabitch to get you all in the same room together, but it's for a good cause. Or a just one, anyway.

Something is killing us in this city. I don't know if it's some kind of hoodoo or just plain human meanness, but it needs to stop. Some of you in this group of thirteen are responsible, and the doors won't open until you're dead. If you're reading this, well, damnit.

Sincerely,
The Saint

Day One Begins!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 13, 2014

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have a role and i'm not afraid to abuse it.

##vote Strong Mouse

Let's save everyone the hassle! Welcome to mafia!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
on second thoughts ##vote Somberbrero for breaking tables.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote busb

Show a little respect for the newbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi busb I don't think I've ever been in a game with you.

##vote busb

• Locked thread