Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Great! Just need one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yep, I figured out the Keepers too, so no issue there.

Gotta lock up that sweet, sweet Ray Rice!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

nerve posted:

Email?

Fight Club Sandwich and Spoenk are you getting the invite email? Accept!

Yeah got sent to my spam for some reason

Just signed up. Shockingly I couldn't find a picture of JFF with a Crown or Scepter for King in the AFC North so changing my team name to The Bear, the Bear, and the Peyton Fair

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Damnit, you guys and your pictures are really making me jealous I suck at photoshop.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

My email is josh miller 0802 at google mail service (no spaces).

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'd be up for taking over a team if it's still available. I have PMs and my email is d at obtu.se

e: sorry, better use my other email address.

leftist heap fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 25, 2014

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Invited! Just need you and Miller Time to accept your invites and we are good to go for the auction on September 3rd.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Awesome. Time to agonize over my keepers.

Kosher to rename the team? A Feast for Tebows is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind coming up with something else.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I already renamed mine and nobody killed me at a wedding so I assume it's alright as long as it's GoT themed.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I encourage you to rename your team!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Now that the league is full and everyone has joined their team, it's a good time to post a reminder that the deadline to select your keepers is 8PM ET on Sunday, August 31.

The cost to keep a player is $5 plus the value they were drafted at last season. You can find a draft recap from last season here

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=835000

If a player was undrafted, and was picked up off waivers or free agency they are given a value of $1, therefore it would be $6 to keep them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Set mine, for transparency:

Andre Ellington $6, Eddie Lacy $35

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Keeping Aaron Rodgers at $48, nobody else on hand is worth paying a premium for. Yes, shockingly I'm not picking up Ray Rice for $59 or human concussion generator Wes Welker for $20!

I think the Rodgers keeper price is actually below his projected auction value this year, and that's too good a deal to pass up.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 26, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
If any of the new teams need a new name, I found this and you can have it free of charge (I don't sell shamelessly stolen property)

That's a disturbingly good photoshop

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Keeping Julius Thomas for $2. Debating Matt Ryan for $13.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

uublog posted:

If any of the new teams need a new name, I found this and you can have it free of charge (I don't sell shamelessly stolen property)

That's a disturbingly good photoshop

I almost went with Demaryius Targaryen and this was close to swaying me back, but I love my House Bolton sigil guy with his little helmet and no skin signaling touchdown :3:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
How do the keepers work with free agents? Can I take a free agent and keep him? Is that kosher?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

How do the keepers work with free agents? Can I take a free agent and keep him? Is that kosher?

Yep

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

drat. If anyone is considering changing names, my friend just dropped these on me:

James Starks of Winterfell
White Welkers
(Rainey of) King Jeffery

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I think there was a James Starks of Winterfell the first season, actually. Also shouldn't that be King Alshon Jeffery?

omg I want to start a baseball version of this so I can use Reds Wedding, how did I never think of that?

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 27, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah, if we can keeper free agents then I've just added Doug Martin as a Keeper as well. May as well spend all my money on 4-5 players, that can never backfire! In the worst case I can probably make some trades to go from one great guy to two good guys.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 27, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I thought the max was two :confused:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I meant spend it all on 4-5 as an overall draft strategy, not spend it all on 4-5 keepers. With just my two keepers I'm already at only about $110 available. Sorry for the confusion there.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe was James Starks of Winterfell in the first season. It's a great name.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

NowonSA posted:

Ah, if we can keeper free agents then I've just added Doug Martin as a Keeper as well. May as well spend all my money on 4-5 players, that can never backfire! In the worst case I can probably make some trades to go from one great guy to two good guys.

Ha! Doug Martin was what prompted me to ask about free agents in the first place. Pretty huge discount compared to his average auction value.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Wait but Doug Martin was drafted last year? :confused:

e: actually he was kept from the season before that, for $36

e2: speaking of, boy do I wish I had Zac Stacy as a $6 keeper this year. I dropped him literally the week before he went off, after he had gotten one carry the first week, and none weeks 2-4 :ughh:

uublog fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 27, 2014

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Is the salary listed on the keeper selection page what you'll pay for the player this season, or their price the previous season?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Is the salary listed on the keeper selection page what you'll pay for the player this season, or their price the previous season?

last season's price

Much as I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to spend $69 on keeping McCoy (I'll bid him up to $68 if I have to and quit) so I'm going with Le'Veon Bell at $16 and DeSean Jackson at $17

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Ha! Doug Martin was what prompted me to ask about free agents in the first place. Pretty huge discount compared to his average auction value.

Victory goes to the swift. Like I said before though, I'm probably gonna end up with a few stars and a lot of scrubs, so if that approach isn't working for me Martin has a good chance of going up on the trade block. Hard to imagine trading Rodgers though.

My strategy gets really crazy because there's a third high-value player I really want, and if I go for him I'll only have maybe $60-70 remaining with 3 players on the roster. Hopefully someone will save me from myself and bid so much for him that I have no choice to give up on my dream.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 28, 2014

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm a big fan of the boom or bust strategy. I went into last year targeting Forte/Graham for over half my cap and walked away a champion.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

How do keepers work? Pick 2, 1 per position, add $5 to salary shown?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That's right except there is no position limit

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

nerve posted:

That's right except there is no position limit

2 Kickers :getin:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

If Hanson was still in the league I'd keeper him in an instant.

Sataere posted:

I'm a big fan of the boom or bust strategy. I went into last year targeting Forte/Graham for over half my cap and walked away a champion.

Thanks for the input! I'm just getting back into fantasy football after trying it out about two years ago, so it's good to hear I'm not completely crazy.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just sticking with Andrew Luck, I think. Lynch would be a good target if he was even marginally cheaper.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Holy poo poo my keeper options are loving awful :gonk:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Same. I am settling for Peyton at $21 and Adrian at $42.

:bigtran:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

^Is that including the +$5?

I'm keeping Julius Thomas for now $7 and Matt Ryan for now $13. Being able to lock up my starting QB/TE positions pre-draft for $20 is great.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

What is up with this poo poo:

Wed, Aug 27
5:14 AM Transaction
Add/Drop LANN dropped Jason Snelling, Atl RB to Waivers
LANN added Doug Martin, TB RB from Free Agency to Bench LANN Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:25 PM Transaction
Add/Drop FIRE dropped Coby Fleener, Ind TE to Waivers
FIRE added Arian Foster, Hou RB from Free Agency to Bench FIRE Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:24 PM Transaction
Add/Drop YKND dropped Zach Ertz, Phi TE to Waivers
YKND added Rob Gronkowski, NE TE from Free Agency to Bench YKND Roster

edit: The league just let me pick up Cordarrelle Patterson from free agency. Is this poo poo legal? WTF

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

What is up with this poo poo:

Wed, Aug 27
5:14 AM Transaction
Add/Drop LANN dropped Jason Snelling, Atl RB to Waivers
LANN added Doug Martin, TB RB from Free Agency to Bench LANN Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:25 PM Transaction
Add/Drop FIRE dropped Coby Fleener, Ind TE to Waivers
FIRE added Arian Foster, Hou RB from Free Agency to Bench FIRE Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:24 PM Transaction
Add/Drop YKND dropped Zach Ertz, Phi TE to Waivers
YKND added Rob Gronkowski, NE TE from Free Agency to Bench YKND Roster

nerve posted:

This happens in every fantasy league I've ever been in. Those two players were dropped last season (injuries) so at the beginning of this season they were free agents. Rosters are open, which means you can drop and add players. These two (one was me, I grabbed Foster) players can be kept for their auction value from last season, plus $5 just like every other player. They were bothy taken for quite a bit in the auction so I doubt either will be kept, but it's just part of strategy.

• Locked thread