Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

magic pantaloons posted:

Scary Movie 3. I know that most modern day spoof movies are at the bottom of the barrel of Hollywood films but it had some hilarious moments. Like 'Cindy! The TV's leaking!', the funeral scene and Leslie Nielsen being the President pondering what would President (Harrison) Ford do during an alien invasion. And cameos by members of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Scary Movie 3 and 4 are both really great in just the way a ZAZ film should be idiotic and better every time you see it just for the insane poo poo thrown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I don't think so- House of the Dead is Boll's magnificently so-bad-it's-good Opus. Bloodrayne has some truly bizarre choices to it, like the lengthy, five-minute montage at the end of the film showing the high points of the movie we just finished watching, but overall it (and most of the rest of his movies) is more boring than anything.
I just about died laughing at Bloodrayne with a friend and copious amounts of alcohol, so I'd recommend it still. We tried to recreate the magic with Far Cry, but that is indeed just terribly boring.

I watched Alone in the Dark 2 alone (in the dark) because I was already terribly bored and I'm not sure if I would recommend it to someone else, but it's also really bad, featuring Edward Carnby, British middle-aged gentleman, famous for his red hair and a magnificent moustache, played by a mid-20s Asian dude who is the main character but spends at least two thirds of the film incapaciated and badly acting in pain while some random bit characters try to clumsily solve the mystery of the curse on him or something. When you're not bored to tears, you'll be baffled by just how stupid it is.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Haruharuharuko posted:

Scary Movie 3 and 4 are both really great in just the way a ZAZ film should be idiotic and better every time you see it just for the insane poo poo thrown in.

Idk, Scary Movie 4 wasn't as good for me. It feels more dated nowadays.

edit: How could I forget the shovel shotguns. And George Carlin.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Dammit, all my favorites were posted already! Showdown In Little Tokyo, Cobra and Commando (look to the left) might be my favorite movies of all time, full stop.

To contribute, Drop Zone starring Wesley Snipes and Gary Busey.

Wesley Snipes is a Federal Marshal. Busey is the head of a gang of skydivers who break a hacker out of Snipes' custody and kill his brother while they're at it. Snipes goes on to learn skydiving and hunt down Busey. Or something, I honestly don't remember a lot aside from Gary Busey murdering a man while skydiving. Wearing Zubaz.

I love Point Break, too, but who the hell doesn't like Point Break?

have a few gifs from Cobra while I'm at it:

including Cobretti's daily coming-home-from-work routine, which was highlighted in a great front page article iirc:

cis_eraser_420 has a new favorite as of 13:38 on Aug 18, 2014

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Cobra is indeed very enjoyable, the robot photoshoot/investigation montage is absolutely the most 80s sequence ever committed to film.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

Cobra is indeed very enjoyable, the robot photoshoot/investigation montage is absolutely the most 80s sequence ever committed to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYCPOQ4ZN4

Everything is when set to this song

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
The Blood of Heroes
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_blood_of_heroes_1990/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxURn4OFU4
It kind of Mad-Max meets the bad news bears -- if instead of baseball they head to put a dog-skull on a stick while people whipped them with chains.

One of Rutger Hauer's best movies outside of Blade Runner.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

My favorite part of this is that without sound you can clearly tell Stallone is just kind of shaking a fake gun at the bad guys. All that's missing is him saying 'pew, pew!'

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wild T posted:

Don't forget Johnny Mnemonic, a movie that is utterly terrible except for two things. One, a mid-1990s Henry Rollins as a computer scientist. It's believable, you see, because he is wearing nerdy glasses! And two, Dolph Lundgren as an insane hitman priest who walks around blowing things up yelling poo poo like "repent, sinners!"

Edit: he's got the best lines in Universal Soldier as well. "I'm all ears."

Johnny Mnemonic used to be my favorite bad film, but it's been recently overtaken by another Keanu Reeves film: Man of Tai Chi. I stumbled upon it when doing a Netflix binge of Asian revenge/kung fu movies, and goddamn is it amazing.

Keanu Reeves is both the director and one of the leads, and despite its flaws, I can't help but love it. I'm surprised to see Keanu have some real directing chops, and he makes a pretty good villain too. But, really, anything I could say about it pales in comparison to Keanu making faces for the camera.

Shine on, you never-aging diamond. :allears:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Wild T posted:

My favorite part of this is that without sound you can clearly tell Stallone is just kind of shaking a fake gun at the bad guys. All that's missing is him saying 'pew, pew!'

The best thing is that later on you can see him using the same Jatimatic in the motel shootout and it actually has a muzzle flash, so it's not like they couldn't convert it to blanks or anything. Did they forget to load it? Was Stallone too wimpy to fire the gun with one hand and drive the car at the same time? :iiam:

It's the little things like this that make me love this movie so much

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Samurai Cop

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130236/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Do yourself a favor and go watch it.

There's a Kickstarter for the sequel.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/samuraicop2/samurai-cop-2-deadly-vengeance

Holy crap.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Street Fighter, because you any movie that stars Jean Claude Van Damme alongside Raul Julia can't be anything but magical :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Robert Denby posted:

Seagal’s funniest movie IMO is On Deadly Ground. Seagal had rocketed to fame with “Under Siege”, which was modestly-budgeted but a gigantic box office hit. Warner Bros. was eager to make “Under Siege 2”, but Seagal would only do it on the condition that he get to direct his next film, and have creative control over it. The resulting film is absolutely bonkers, with scenes of excruciatingly brutal violence and torture, a vision quest in which Seagal wrestles a bear, Michael Caine hamming it up, and Seagal blowing up an oil rig roughly the size of Manhattan. But it all comes to a head in the final scene, which is Seagal in Native American garb delivering a six-minute speech on environmental responsibility. Its a fascinatingly bad movie, because you really get inside the director’s head in a way you rarely get with just a single movie.

Seagal's best film is "Attack Force", in which Seagal battles space vampires.

Or would have been, if afterwards production said "No, that's too awesome. Let's turn the vamps into supersoldiers instead. What's that? Seagal can't come back? Well, we'll just dub him for half the film."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493424/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_50

A friend had grabbed it on a whim, and not knowing the history, could not figure out why half of Seagal's lines were dubbed; sometimes during the same line.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
In The Core, the Earth's core has stopped spinning, and the only way to get it going again is to send a team of scientists to dig into the centre of the Earth and shoot nukes at it. Following up on this premise, the film manages to get almost everything wrong, scientifically speaking. It's amazing to watch just to see a film with so much science in it get absolutely none of it right.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody mentioned Waterworld, for shame. I love that movie. I love the sets, the atmosphere, the score. Even the plot isn't that bad. I don't care if the science is bullshit and that it's basically The Road Warrior on jet skis. Love it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Blue Star posted:

Nobody mentioned Waterworld, for shame. I love that movie. I love the sets, the atmosphere, the score. Even the plot isn't that bad. I don't care if the science is bullshit and that it's basically The Road Warrior on jet skis. Love it.

I never saw it, but my parents turned it off after 15 minutes.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I'm not for it. The first movie was special because it was made as a serious movie and just ended up sucking in an absolute epic manner. The sequel will shoot for the super-cheese and it just won't have that magic.

Lars!
Oct 22, 2010
Here is an hour and a half of audiovisual insanity and some pretty cool kung-fu/practical effects: 1984's TAOISM DRUNKARD. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-08AhsEao

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Blue Star posted:

And somehow it has its own live action stage show at the Universal Studios parks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterworld%3A_A_Live_Sea_War_Spectacular

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

M.Ciaster posted:

The best thing is that later on you can see him using the same Jatimatic in the motel shootout and it actually has a muzzle flash, so it's not like they couldn't convert it to blanks or anything. Did they forget to load it? Was Stallone too wimpy to fire the gun with one hand and drive the car at the same time? :iiam:

It's the little things like this that make me love this movie so much

It probably wasn't worth it to set up the safety stuff for firing it directly at the camera. Or it was a quick insert filmed later.

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.
People have already talked about Street Fighter , which I legitimately love and would defend to the death. A Talking Cat has already been brought up too, but it's impossible to stress how lovely this movie is. You can kind of guess throughout it that their music is just royalty free stuff they grabbed from someplace, but as the credits roll that fact becomes glaringly obvious as a reggae cover of The Itsy Bitsy Spider begins to play. Incredible.

I also really, really love The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage. Everything about it is terrible and badly planned but it all works together to be hilarious. My favorite part is when he dresses up like a bear and punches women in the face. What's yours? The room full of fetuses in jars? The naked woman covered in honey and bees for no reason? "Killing me won't bring back your goddamn honey"?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

magic pantaloons posted:

And somehow it has its own live action stage show at the Universal Studios parks.

From what I understand, the stage show does have better production values.

But not Dennis Hopper chewing all the scenery in sight. That's what I like about Waterworld.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

magic pantaloons posted:

I saw this ten years ago it owns

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Close. Lundgren is an Earth cop; the alien cop gives him a gun to fight the alien drug runner, who does have the killer CD to throw at people and slice them up. :D

Edit: It's so nice to find more Lundgren fans. I've begun to think I'm his only fan in my state. :swoon:

My boyfriend and I have Dolph movie marathons. I have another close friend who's a Dolph fan but he moved away :( So now I'm pretty sure we're his only fans within a fifty mile radius.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Personally, I find Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey to be pretty bad, especially the acting.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

magic pantaloons posted:

I saw that back in 96. It was pretty cool.

It's on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdsFdoUGIGc

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Neo Duckberg posted:

Personally, I find Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey to be pretty bad, especially the acting.

Yeah the one guy who runs the ship might as well be a robot.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

The shark/hybrid movies are begining to win me over.
I'd like to see some sort of Aussie themed Shark/??? combo.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH
The Incredible Lou Ferrigno in the Super-Adventure-Odyssey of Hercules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3czCEgxDDM

This movie just has it all, it opens with the most ridiculous reinterpretation of Greek Myth and just gets dumber and crazier from there.
Thrill as Hercules creates a new constellation! Marvel as he pits his faith against the rainbow coloured flaming sword of science!
There really is never a dull moment and to be fair, Lou Ferrigno really looks amazing in it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Here are some comedies I love that were critically trounced -

Maybe in hindsight it is now considered a good movie but I love The Cable Guy. Watched it again recently and enjoyed it even more because of all the cameos from the cast of the criminally The Ben Stiller Show various Mr. Show alumni, and frequent Judd Apatow collaborators. I think people just wanted more Ace Ventura and couldn't handle a dark comedy where Jim Carey is the villain.

Save for God Bless America, I'm a big fan of Bobcat Goldthwait's directorial efforts. One of my favorites is the forgotten Shakes the Clown. I don't know if it is so much hated as people just don't know it exist. According Bobcat, Martin Scorsese called it the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies.

Watched Cabin Boy again recently and I still think it is good. I remember my dad and I were so excited to see this because we were both huge fans of Chris Elliot's sitcom Get A Life. It was the only movie I've been to where my dad and I were the only ones in the theater. Here is the David Letterman cameo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGSLiLm43E

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Manos, The Hands Of Fate

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666/
http://movies.wikia.com/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate

A film made by a fertilizer salesman to win a bet. Every bit as good as it sounds. Watch the MST3K version.

Trivia and general idiocy about the film.

At the beginning, when the family pulls over, and after Mike says his line, he mouths the word "Cut."

The film had a gala premiere in El Paso. Many local dignitaries attended. Members of the audience began heckling the film during the premiere. Many of the film's cast and crew sneaked out of the theater before the film ended, to avoid having to admit being part of it.

The entire film was shot with a hand-held camera that could only record 32 seconds of film at a time. It was also shot without sound; all the lines were dubbed later by two men and one woman. Jackey Neyman cried when she first heard her dubbed voice.

As filming dragged on and on, the increasingly disgruntled crew began to refer to the movie as "Mangos: The Cans of Fruit".

Cast and crew recall that John Reynolds was on LSD during filming, explaining his confused behavior and incessant twitching in virtually all of his scenes.

Despite the film's negative reception, Harold P. Warren was so proud of it that he began wearing the Master's robe every Halloween. After he died in 1985, his son Joe has carried on the tradition.

The film was shot in two and a half months with a budget of about $19,000.

Lighting was limited for the film, which explains the infamous scene in which two cops literally take two steps to investigate, then turn back.

The only cast members who were paid for their performances were Jackey Neyman, who got a bicycle, and the Doberman, which got a bag of dog food. The rest of the cast was supposed to receive a cut of the movie's profits, which never materialized. Director Harold P. Warren also gave the crew shares, instead of a salary.

Harold P. Warren only did two takes of each shot. If things didn't go well, he reassured the novice cast that the magic of Hollywood would fix any errors in post-production.

John Reynolds had to make the leg braces he wears in the film himself.

Tom Neyman's daughter, Jackey Neyman played Debbie. His wife, Jacqueline Neyman, made the Master and wives' costumes. Their dog played the demon dog.

The endless driving sequences at the beginning were supposed to have the opening credits over them.

"Manos" is Spanish for "hands". Translated, the title is "Hands: The Hands of Fate".

The snake Michael shoots looks a lot better than the rest of the film because it was stock footage lifted from a Disney nature documentary. It's also why the snake is on purple carpet.

During the search for Debbie; Margaret's scarf on her head disappears and reappears several times.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Manos, The Hands Of Fate

A film made by a fertilizer salesman to win a bet. Every bit as good as it sounds. Watch the MST3K version.

I watched the MST3K version last weekend. It somehow made the film kinda bearable but it isn't my favourite episode like most people say.

Also at the El Paso premiere, the film was so bad that the audience started throwing shoes at the screen, right after the cast and crew bailed out of the movie theatre.

And that John Reynolds committed suicide a month before the premiere due to his chronic pain in his knees from incorrectly wearing the braces and ending up becoming addicted to painkillers and alcohol. :smith:

Do MST3K episodes count as bad films because they make the films they are riffing more enjoyable? Anyway, my favourite bad film that was riffed on MST3K is Horror at Party Beach. Maybe it's the riffs or how it's a horrible attempt at one of those popular beach party movies at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF8MIZwb8ws

magic pantaloons has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Sep 2, 2014

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Jurassic Park 3 - Everything just bundles up into a neat little package at the end which is lame but oddly satisfying and Sam Neil's method acting (Dr Grant was just in it for the money and obviously so was Neil) but those pterodactyls or whatever they were at the end freak me out more than the raptors ever did. Urgh I just gave myself the douche chills thinking about their horrible beaky faces just now. Urgh.

Also I forgot how pretty T'ea Leoni was :swoon:

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Say Nothing posted:

Manos, The Hands Of Fate

Have you seen the thread over in CD where a goon found the work print in storage?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3450845

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

LogisticEarth posted:

Have you seen the thread over in CD where a goon found the work print in storage?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3450845

He also runs a Facebook page that is all Manos related.

https://www.facebook.com/ManosinHD?fref=ts

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

bartok posted:

Here are some comedies I love that were critically trounced -

Maybe in hindsight it is now considered a good movie but I love The Cable Guy. Watched it again recently and enjoyed it even more because of all the cameos from the cast of the criminally The Ben Stiller Show various Mr. Show alumni, and frequent Judd Apatow collaborators. I think people just wanted more Ace Ventura and couldn't handle a dark comedy where Jim Carey is the villain.

Save for God Bless America, I'm a big fan of Bobcat Goldthwait's directorial efforts. One of my favorites is the forgotten Shakes the Clown. I don't know if it is so much hated as people just don't know it exist. According Bobcat, Martin Scorsese called it the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies.

Watched Cabin Boy again recently and I still think it is good. I remember my dad and I were so excited to see this because we were both huge fans of Chris Elliot's sitcom Get A Life. It was the only movie I've been to where my dad and I were the only ones in the theater. Here is the David Letterman cameo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGSLiLm43E

You have good taste. I'm not sure- do people think any of those shows or movies are bad? I haven't watched them in years but I've seen both Cable Guy and Cabin Boy in excess of 50 times. Cabin Boy quotes still come up in some of my daily life- "Hey, nice shoes." "These pipes are CLEAN!" "Wanna buy a monkey?"

As far as bad movies go, "Prowl" is a very very low budget vampire movie with a ridiculous set up, horrible acting, and a plot that is just barely different enough from other vampire movies that it made me actually think about the movie afterwards. I think I liked it. But only if I don't think about how ridiculous the setup is.

e: another great bobcat movie is "worlds greatest dad" with robin williams. I don't know if people consider that a bad movie.

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008

lt_kennedy posted:

Jurassic Park 3 - Everything just bundles up into a neat little package at the end which is lame but oddly satisfying and Sam Neil's method acting (Dr Grant was just in it for the money and obviously so was Neil) but those pterodactyls or whatever they were at the end freak me out more than the raptors ever did. Urgh I just gave myself the douche chills thinking about their horrible beaky faces just now. Urgh.

Also I forgot how pretty T'ea Leoni was :swoon:

You forgot to mention that it has the best scene in any Jurassic Park movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9sjPzyQjk

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is my favorite guilty pleasure. That theme song.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Vampire academy
It has not one not two but three whole types of Mary Sue! The slowest tazer in the world! I think all the flips were motion tweened still frames! All the serious scenes were ruined hilariously because everyone that worked on it clearly thought it was stupid. The stupid Russian vampire doesn't even bother keeping his accent straight! I'm not sure how this movie got made.
It's really funny but no one wants to watch it :smith:

Xun has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite part of The Cable Guy was Carrey's complete breakdown whre he reveals that he is fully aware of how insane he is and blames it on his parents using TV as a babysitter. "I learned the facts of life by watching The Facts of Life"

Actually I've just realised how similar to the movie Network The Cable Guy is...

My favourite bad movie, although more boring than bad, is a Steve Buscemi movie called Interview where he is a reporter who specializes in interviewing important figures, politicians and the like, when his editor sends him to interview an actress played by Sienna Miller. It's a very slow burn, and after the first watch you have no desire to see it again, but the first time through it managed to capture my attention as the two leads played off each other. The majority of the movie takes place in Sienna Miller's apartment and it just an hour long conversation held together by the leads' performances.

Anyone else heard of that movie?

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Sep 9, 2014

• Locked thread