Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

what's really great is that Cody Roosevelt and Omar DaSilva are dead and done for the series, so even if we manage to win Game 6 tonight (started by Del Lorenzo, how excited I am for that), that means an overnight simmed Game 7 started by King loving Figueroa.

We are deader than dead (make no mistake, we are not winning this series and there's about a 95% chance it ends in game 6) and I loving hate this game and this world more than anything and I have no loving clue why I'm still subjecting myself to this bullshit embarrassment (and everyone else's entertainment) every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bo Chamberlain has like a 10 ERA and 3 losses in seven total playoff appearances and Willie Ramirez hasn't been used one goddamn time. gently caress Sparky too.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

what's really great is that Cody Roosevelt and Omar DaSilva are dead and done for the series, so even if we manage to win Game 6 tonight (started by Del Lorenzo, how excited I am for that), that means an overnight simmed Game 7 started by King loving Figueroa.

We are deader than dead (make no mistake, we are not winning this series and there's about a 95% chance it ends in game 6) and I loving hate this game and this world more than anything and I have no loving clue why I'm still subjecting myself to this bullshit embarrassment (and everyone else's entertainment) every season.

:glomp:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Cody Roosevelt started in your two ALCS losses so I'm pretty sure you can't trust that choker anyway

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

just so you all are aware, i'm going to kill myself when this series ends

e: for clarification this is a dark joke i'm not actually going to kill myself i'm just going to RT the Piers Morgan "I want to die" tweet

nasboat fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 14, 2014

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Congrats atheistdeals

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well this was a highly entertaining series

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
congratulations atheistdeals!!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So yeah, let's officially begin those Don Cole/McKay Ray/Moose Sellers talks. Everyone must go. Orlando Javier could be yours! Brant Peters could be yours!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Jerry Sizemore, York Maxwell, Napoleon Dickinson, and Teddy Blake are going to FA next year, but

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol again

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

The Curse of the Bon Jovi

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

hey it was really funny to me what can i say

also i was totally living on a prayer because god isn't real and neither were my hopes of winning

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

in retrospect, considering my history in Trenton, I should not have done anything to invite the stench of New Jersey to this series

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Poor nasboat :smith:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Teddy Blake got a(nother?) ring! :3:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

cheer up nasboat you won a pennant :)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

tatankatonk posted:

Teddy Blake got a(nother?) ring! :3:

Teddy rules

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Teddy owes me a kickback for that ring

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Devo posted:

Teddy rules

:glomp:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

shouldn't of traded kyle sparks

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

chutwig posted:

shouldn't of traded kyle sparks

#ShouldOfKept

it's makeup that goes into a player's decision to accept or decline an option, correct? asking for a friend (Julian Melendez)

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 14, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog posted:

it's makeup that goes into a player's decision to accept or decline an option, correct? asking for a friend (Julian Melendez)

From what I can tell there's a complex formula where the player accepts his end if I want him to go away and declines also refusing an extension if I want to keep him.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Devo posted:

From what I can tell there's a complex formula where the player accepts his end if I want him to go away and declines also refusing an extension if I want to keep him.

gently caress you, Goeff Crosby. gently caress. You.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Attn boston I want jennie orbien back I miss him

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I will probably get a new thread up on Sunday but I don't think we'll roll until at least Monday anyway. We're missing five teams as it stands, correct?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

And we've finally rolled!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Owners who have yet to return or announce their departure:

The Esteemed TMB
stimpy
Evilbeard
Mr. Cory Jericho Lidle
The Toledo franchise (Twitter's @duyarvish)

I guess some of youse are moving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

There is a new thread here

We need teams. Go find teams.

• Locked thread