Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Triggsz posted:

Yeah, if you like running around in a dress :gay:.

There are a lot of ways that we can either fairly or unfairly label said aesthetic.

I happen to like Game of Thrones meets Halo. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ooh, some gameplay from the other subclasses!

I can't wait to play a Sunsinger and run around on fire all the time (and by "all the time" I mean "when my super is off cooldown").

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Siets posted:

There are a lot of ways that we can either fairly or unfairly label said aesthetic.

Space Maester.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
gently caress it. Bought a PS4.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maester Chief

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Siets posted:

Real men wear cloaks and tights :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRo8pz0fh4

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

totalnewbie posted:

gently caress it. Bought a PS4.

One of us, one of us

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
It seems there's a lot of wolf stuff, especially with Iron Banner. I was hoping there'd be other competitive events with other animals/guilds/iconography, but nothing's come up so far.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Skychrono posted:

It seems there's a lot of wolf stuff, especially with Iron Banner. I was hoping there'd be other competitive events with other animals/guilds/iconography, but nothing's come up so far.

Maybe we'll get more stuff in the expansions...like House of Wolves.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

gameday posted:

Maybe we'll get more stuff in the expansions...like House of Wolves.

When the City begins to run low on wolves to attach to poo poo, the Vanguard proposes a desperate alliance. Meanwhile, Cayde tries to teach your Ghost how to howl.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

General Battuta posted:

When the City begins to run low on wolves to attach to poo poo, the Vanguard proposes a desperate alliance. Meanwhile, Cayde tries to teach your Ghost how to howl.

@DestinySeason8 looking good

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
I'm sure those interested are already subscribed to this guy but here's some faction info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HRgOwzr_M&list=UUkmAjbIecTIjTQctolYeuDw

This game is gonna have an absolute poo poo ton of grinding to do, Fortunately this game so far has been fun to level up in.
-You gotta level up your character. 3 times if you like
-unlock all the skills and sub skills
-you have to get weapons and armor. purple probably for every slot.
-You'll be getting gold weapons and armor too, to sub in one slot at a time depending on the build.
-use the weapons to build them up with attachments
-Make sure you have all 3 element versions of your favourite weapons
-Build your engram crytographer level
-build your ranking for the 3 different challenge types
-*based on the above video* you can build ranking with 5 different factions and don't have to choose one over another. Do all 5 for completions sake.

Love this poo poo.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Purgatory Glory posted:

I'm sure those interested are already subscribed to this guy but here's some faction info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HRgOwzr_M&list=UUkmAjbIecTIjTQctolYeuDw

This game is gonna have an absolute poo poo ton of grinding to do, Fortunately this game so far has been fun to level up in.
-You gotta level up your character. 3 times if you like
-unlock all the skills and sub skills
-you have to get weapons and armor. purple probably for every slot.
-You'll be getting gold weapons and armor too, to sub in one slot at a time depending on the build.
-use the weapons to build them up with attachments
-Make sure you have all 3 element versions of your favourite weapons
-Build your engram crytographer level
-build your ranking for the 3 different challenge types
-*based on the above video* you can build ranking with 5 different factions and don't have to choose one over another. Do all 5 for completions sake.

Love this poo poo.

This is the first time I've been looking forward to grinding in I can't remember how long. Gotta get those drops.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The pacing of weapon leveling and acquisition is going to be a big deal to me.

Launch D3 or post-RoS D3 are two different directions they could go, one is horrible, one is fun.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

victrix posted:

The pacing of weapon leveling and acquisition is going to be a big deal to me.

Launch D3 or post-RoS D3 are two different directions they could go, one is horrible, one is fun.

In the beta, it seemed to me that every time I started to wonder when I was gonna level, I would get preempted with a level up notification. Also, every level felt like it gave me something noticeable and fun. I'm psyched.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

In the beta, it seemed to me that every time I started to wonder when I was gonna level, I would get preempted with a level up notification. Also, every level felt like it gave me something noticeable and fun. I'm psyched.

I can't imagine it being too bad, even if the release slows down XP.

Green weapons will replace white ones so you keep having new stuff to grind and unlock.
Same when rares start to replace greens, etc., so you'll still be getting those new skill/new attachement pop-ups all the time :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's a pleasure to play with how polished every character action feels so bring on the grind :unsmith:

Do you still have to complete the raid to get an achievement/trophy? And with ones clan. That could be the hardest challenge not most easily done through time. I can see selling achievement-desperate slots in clans for raids..

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hope so. Hard to obtain my achievements are the best

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Do you still have to complete the raid to get an achievement/trophy? And with ones clan. That could be the hardest challenge not most easily done through time. I can see selling achievement-desperate slots in clans for raids..

It's going to be hilarious to see the platinum/gamerscore whiners bitch about the four raid and/or clan achievements.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Mango Polo posted:

It's going to be hilarious to see the platinum/gamerscore whiners bitch about the four raid and/or clan achievements.

I should probably stick this in the FAQ. All in all most of that list looks pretty easy to get through normal gameplay. You're right about the raid / clan ones though, definitely some pubbie tears going to flow :laugh:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yessss those rule

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!

Mango Polo posted:

The only one I see a problem with is the "Attain a Grimoire score of 777." Since Grimoire score is attached to your account if you happen to be close to 777 and accidentally pass it up, it becomes permanently missed. I'm just hoping that the Grimoire maxes out at 777, which would be pretty fitting for Bungie.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
I'm sure exceeding it counts.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Toenail Ninja posted:

The only one I see a problem with is the "Attain a Grimoire score of 777." Since Grimoire score is attached to your account if you happen to be close to 777 and accidentally pass it up, it becomes permanently missed. I'm just hoping that the Grimoire maxes out at 777, which would be pretty fitting for Bungie.

I'm guessing it actually means "777 or more" rather than "exactly 777". It's pretty unlikely Grimoire maxes out at 777, I got to 670 just in the beta and there were people here with higher scores than me.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

matryx posted:

I'm sure exceeding it counts.

I hope it does not count unless you hit it by exact count, but I am not a nice person so they probably wouldn't listen to me.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I thought the grimoire numbers always ended in 0 or 5

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

I hope so. Hard to obtain my achievements are the best

As a pleb casual gamer I do not like those, especially ones that require hundreds of hours. Towerfall's "20,000 rounds of versus" is just mean. That said, Destinys look attainable, maybe even after 6 months or something. So loving pumped to grind.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

I may actually have trouble with those, too. I usually play with a small group of friends and I don't think they're all getting this on 360. :(

Obviously, goons will be an option, but that's still tougher to set up and work with than friends.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

This is kind of dragging me down a little. Grinding is boring as hell! Though I'm sure it'll really only matter if you go really deep into pvp or the higher difficulties of pve.

I still wish there was any environment interaction at all too. The levels feel kind of sterile coming from Halo.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

I may actually have trouble with those, too. I usually play with a small group of friends and I don't think they're all getting this on 360. :(

Obviously, goons will be an option, but that's still tougher to set up and work with than friends.

It really only matters if you care for gamerscore/trophies. Otherwise everything except for 2-3 (Raid, Hard Raid, Clan Raid) of them are perfectly possible and 1 (Clan Strike) might require a bit of work.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

This is kind of dragging me down a little. Grinding is boring as hell! Though I'm sure it'll really only matter if you go really deep into pvp or the higher difficulties of pve.

Even though they're unwilling to really say it, Destiny is, at its heart, an MMO. It's an FPS MMO, but still an MMO. Things to grind for are par for the course. Best case scenario is that there's plenty to do for people who don't feel like completionist grinding--that is to say, fun things to do that don't ask for a lot of time commitment from the player--to go along with the grindier aspects.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I doubt you'll have to do much straight grinding. Things like weapon, armor, and ability unlocks you'll probably earn just by running strikes and whatnot for better gear or doing faction content.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Grinding will involve playing strikes and PVP. You know, fun FPSer content, the reason you buy a shooter by the people that made Halo.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Grinding will involve playing strikes and PVP. You know, fun FPSer content, the reason you buy a shooter by the people that made Halo.

Seriously. The grinding will be "playing the game". Just like playing your 1,000th round of battlefield. Grind away.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Fateo McMurray posted:

Seriously. The grinding will be "playing the game". Just like playing your 1,000th round of battlefield. Grind away.

You mean I have to shoot mans in this first person shooter?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Fateo McMurray posted:

It may be worth noting that "grinding" seems to mean "having to repeat any single piece of content more than once" these days, so I'm certain people will bitch about "grinding" even if it only took them three runs of a given strike to get the weapon they wanted. Destiny isn't looking like the kind of game that's going to ask you to kill enemies for hours on end for rare drops, so I'm sure it won't actually be super grindy. It's just that the same people who complain about, say, Guild Wars 2 being a massive grindfest (it isn't, except for one specific cosmetic reward) would probably say the same about Destiny.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is this supposed to be a bit like E.Y.E or Warframe?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Nice Ian M. Banks reference in there.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I'm just playing for the story, gonna try my best to be a pacifist in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

You mean I have to shoot mans in this first person shooter?!

Not if you idle and let your team do everything for you :smug:
/warframe

• Locked thread