Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Anyone else thought the Cabal look like those blokes from the beginning of Fifth Element?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Captain Matchbox posted:

Doom guy had about the same amount of weapons to choose from, but he could carry more than 2

3 :colbert:

ComradePotato
Nov 7, 2010

I thought I was totally ok with not buying myself a PS4 for a few months, then I read this loving thread. The hype is too strong! Must.....resist.....

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

ComradePotato posted:

I thought I was totally ok with not buying myself a PS4 for a few months, then I read this loving thread. The hype is too strong! Must.....resist.....

I envy you, I wish I had waited to buy my PS4 so I could now be getting the white limited edition :(

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Pews posted:

I envy you, I wish I had waited to buy my PS4 so I could now be getting the white limited edition :(

I waited for Destiny to get my PS4. 9/9 is going to be a long day of looking out the window waiting for UPS and my white PS4.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Toasta posted:

I waited for Destiny to get my PS4. 9/9 is going to be a long day of looking out the window waiting for UPS and my white PS4.

I just found out my ghost pre-order bundle will ship on 9\8...but take 10-15 days to arrive.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Am I insane for thinking I saw that there would be three sub-classes for each main class? I was sure that I read it somewhere...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Am I insane for thinking I saw that there would be three sub-classes for each main class? I was sure that I read it somewhere...

Not really. The game seems oriented towards such a pattern. The subclasses we've seen so far are all focused on a particular "element" and there are three such elements. Each class currently only has a subclass for two out of three elements. The reasonable expectation is that each class would have one subclass per element. Void/Arc/Solar.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

The consensus seems to be that there WILL be, just in the near future, probably coming with one of the expansions.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
No weekly update because of gamescom? I'm jonesing for a fix here Bungie!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

monkeu posted:

No weekly update because of gamescom? I'm jonesing for a fix here Bungie!!

This is when I just rewatch old trailers like crazy. Even found the GC PvP trailer without all the awful compression.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_destiny_gc_pvp_trailer-32704_en.html

Man oh man, still can't get over the art style.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ularg posted:

This is when I just rewatch old trailers like crazy. Even found the GC PvP trailer without all the awful compression.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_destiny_gc_pvp_trailer-32704_en.html

Man oh man, still can't get over the art style.

I will make myself get good at PvP for that Iron Banner stuff, holy poo poo does it look good.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Levantine posted:

I will make myself get good at PvP for that Iron Banner stuff, holy poo poo does it look good.

I'm probably too old to ever get good at PvP again, but I want that stuff no matter how long it takes me to get it with my rockin' 0.5 K/D ratio.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Symphoric posted:

I'm probably too old to ever get good at PvP again, but I want that stuff no matter how long it takes me to get it with my rockin' 0.5 K/D ratio.

As I've gotten older and started to get smashed by twitchy kids with too much time, I've noticed that I've kind of naturally started playing like an old dude. I tend to stay out of heavy fighting and make my plays with timing and planning. I still like battlefield because there's scope for a grizzled strategist to get work done. Flat out twitch death match and stuff kills me, but in objective games I'm fine.

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Seconding or thirding the gotta get gud at pvp again. It took the whole beta for me to start getting anywhere but dead last in my squads. I blame it on not playing any fps since Halo 2 came out.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

As I've gotten older and started to get smashed by twitchy kids with too much time, I've noticed that I've kind of naturally started playing like an old dude. I tend to stay out of heavy fighting and make my plays with timing and planning. I still like battlefield because there's scope for a grizzled strategist to get work done. Flat out twitch death match and stuff kills me, but in objective games I'm fine.

I'm not that old yet, but I've always gotten by with just knowing the map better. Know the popular corners and frequent choke points and you don't need twitch reflexes when your gun is already pointed at them.

That said I've been slowly moving towards single player or co-op games because I just can't take the frustration that comes with competitive multiplayer for some reason.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

4.0 or bust

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ularg posted:

I just can't take the frustration that comes with competitive multiplayer for some reason.

I find the devil herb and alcohol to help with this. Playing BF4 sober is not fun.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Symphoric posted:

You can slowly get PvP stuff through PvE activities, so there is that at least.

Paniolo
Oct 9, 2007

Heads will roll.
Over a sufficiently long span of games everyone will find themselves doing a lot better at PvP. This isn't actually related to you getting better, it's just how matchmaking works.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Paniolo posted:

Over a sufficiently long span of games everyone will find themselves doing a lot better at PvP. This isn't actually related to you getting better, it's just how matchmaking works.

Pretty much. Destiny will almost certainly have the benefit of a giant playerbase, and with quality matchmaking, eventually you should be put into games with players just as good or bad as you are

Though I suspect parties may still gently caress with this, they usually do

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Finally a game that can compensate for my ineptitude!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

victrix posted:

Pretty much. Destiny will almost certainly have the benefit of a giant playerbase, and with quality matchmaking, eventually you should be put into games with players just as good or bad as you are

Hopefully they'll just use the party leaders stats for finding games. Have the leader be the worst guy, get matched with bad players, stomp away.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Get good at PvP, or get an Auto Rifle.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Hey good news, there is now just over 1.8 million seconds left

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I keep wanting the thread title to be:

Destiny: Blood Sugar Space Magik

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ufarn posted:

Get good at PvP, or get an Auto Rifle.

Gunna laugh when hand cannons are OP as gently caress and everyone is singing the auto rifle song because of the beta.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Auto rifles will probably always be best for skilled players (at close-mid range) because they aren't balanced around people being able to get nonstop headshots. That's the way it seemed in beta anyways. The straight dps advantage from a well-aimed auto rifle vs a well-aimed any other gun was nuts.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

victrix posted:

I think of CoD Ghosts which blames the multi-platform release on the sales issues. The populations in that game weren't great on the PS4 and the Bone was even worse. the 360 has the healthiest population. I'm set for PS4 destiny, I hope that's the console of choice by a landslide.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The time spent since the beta ended is now roughly the time left until the game comes out.
In other news, August is still August.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This is someone's desktop. :stare:

http://gfycat.com/BlankAggravatingAlligatorsnappingturtle

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Purgatory Glory posted:

I think of CoD Ghosts which blames the multi-platform release on the sales issues. The populations in that game weren't great on the PS4 and the Bone was even worse. the 360 has the healthiest population. I'm set for PS4 destiny, I hope that's the console of choice by a landslide.

I think the PS4 will have as many online players as the other 3 systems combined.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

I hopped on his bandwagon, I now have a looping video wallpaper of a ship in space and the Rainmeter skin he posted.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Toasta posted:

I hopped on his bandwagon, I now have a looping video wallpaper of a ship in space and the Rainmeter skin he posted.

I never saw the post he was supposed to make on how to get this done, mind sharing it? Does it support dual-monitors? I remember getting overly excited when Vista came out for the idea of animated Wallpaper and was sad that it was never an actual thing.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Ularg posted:

I never saw the post he was supposed to make on how to get this done, mind sharing it? Does it support dual-monitors? I remember getting overly excited when Vista came out for the idea of animated Wallpaper and was sad that it was never an actual thing.

Don't have my second monitor hooked-up at the moment, but I think it should. I had to resize the emblem in Rainmeter, but was otherwise easy to set up. It uses VLC's video wallpaper.

It Came From Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2dtwaj/my_new_desktop_using_rainmeter_and_vlcs_video/

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

For those who didn't find the loading screens long enough to enjoy the view of the ship..

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

CheeseFactory posted:

I think the PS4 will have as many online players as the other 3 systems combined.

Think you may be right. I know when I first saw the game I thought "that's the game that I will buy a ps4 for." I knew I didn't want to get a launch ps4 and wanted to wait for any kinks to get ironed out in "version 2" of the console and was hoping for a bundle. I was kind of surprised when I learned it would be coming out on ps3/360. I think the number of people waiting for this game and not wanting to be early adopters will give a strong ps4 player base.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Originally I was going to get this on ps3, but then my dad offered to give me his Xbox one in exchange for doing him a solid while he goes out of town with my mom. Figured what the hell, canceled my ps3 ghost edition and said I'd just get the xbone digital guardian edition because I prefer shooters with the Xbox controller anyhow and hell, my xbone will probably be fps central. Then all my friends decided to get it for ps4 if they had it or ps3 with the intention of upgrading to a 4 later.

As of today I am at $365/450 for my Destiny PS4 bundle. I need to sell these import vita games I own, and then sell my dads xbone games when I get them and I should have it paid off (he has nothing I want or don't own on PC). Then it's just a matter of finding $100 for the white sony gold headset to play in style.

So loving excited to see this thing on ps4 on my tv. I thought it looked great on ps3, but I was super sad my characters face on the tower was all blurred.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

GodofGravity posted:

Think you may be right. I know when I first saw the game I thought "that's the game that I will buy a ps4 for." I knew I didn't want to get a launch ps4 and wanted to wait for any kinks to get ironed out in "version 2" of the console and was hoping for a bundle. I was kind of surprised when I learned it would be coming out on ps3/360. I think the number of people waiting for this game and not wanting to be early adopters will give a strong ps4 player base.
I'm usually the one player who tends to wait for a few iterations of a new console before I buy one, just to avoid the kinks that usually plague the first version of a console. This generation though? Bought myself a Destiny PS4 bundle pack without hesitation, which is a goddamn first for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Tensokuu posted:

So loving excited to see this thing on ps4 on my tv. I thought it looked great on ps3, but I was super sad my characters face on the tower was all blurred.

I also kind of thought it was odd that they decide to blur your character when viewed close up. Maybe there was some rendering problems in the beta they were trying to hide! :tinfoil:

• Locked thread