Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Click here for Ularg's weekly Nightfall guide.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

I got the CQCs and they add just the right amount of height for what I wanted - they're longer but no so much that it's a pain to go from the right stick back to the face buttons. I actually bumped the look sensitivity up a few notches too which I hadn't intended on doing. I actually just ordered a second set for my other controller. Very happy with them! Can't wait to try them with Destiny.

Are these the concave or convex ones?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

Concave:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps-freek-cqc.html

Excuse the really terrible camo controller skin, but you get the idea. Like I said they're just the right height for me. Any higher and it would be a pain getting to the jump button I'd imagine.

Oh good. I've seen a few people recommend them, but the convex ones only come in that horrific neon green toxic waste color.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Kirios posted:

Is it September 9th yet?

What a silly question, yes it is and we're all playing the game already. You're missing out bro.

e: Your avatar reminded me that there's a Sam Fisher helmet in Destiny :allears:
e2: vvvvvvvv Is this one better?

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Harrow posted:

Any bets on how long raids stay no-matchmaking? Personally I think it's a good idea--if they opened it up to random groups, said random groups would inevitably find them too hard and whine all over every possible internet outlet about it--but, well, there will also be whining in this scenario. I'll be surprised if they don't add matchmaking for raids (and make raids easier to accommodate) before the end of the year.

Either that, or they'll go the Blizzard route and have an "LFR" version of any given raid that's easier and matches you with randoms.

I'm guessing not until they release their second raid.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's Pay 2 Own Play 4 Free 4 Ever Until DLC Sinks You Into Matchmaking Irrelevance. P2O4F4EUDLCSYIMI.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Sorry poor choice of words, just meant there was no subscription fee after purchase, so expect to spend earth bucks on DLC (and probably cosmetic stuffs etc.) in the future.

Just teasing you a bit, sorry. I work in casual/social games, so I love me some silly acronyms.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
We're getting The Dark Below expansion in December, woop.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Speaking of handcannons, based on the Gamescom trailer they're already getting improved. The exotic gun they showed had faster reload and a bigger mag than what is currently in the database.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Siets posted:

Does anybody else other than me listen to the Destiny soundtrack all day at work...?

:smithicide:

Temple of Crota, Sepiks Prime and Main Menu 2 :respek:

I'm back home from vacation on the 9th, now I wonder if I'm not going to extend it by an extra day.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Aishan posted:

There's too many drat wolves on that armour.

In the Iron Banner, everyone is equalized to the same level of wolfwolfwolf.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is there enough info out on subclasses to know if you can change them sometime later or not?

Sure. You can change between the two subclasses with no restrictions*.
If you select to "lock" a subclass, you create a new blank copy of it and gain a boost to your primary stat (armor/agility/recovery).
You can then use the locked subclass, or re-level the blank copy at an accelerated pace if you decide you no longer like the choices you made.

* Maybe there's a restriction to changing it during combat, that's not know. Probably not though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

In the beta, it seemed to me that every time I started to wonder when I was gonna level, I would get preempted with a level up notification. Also, every level felt like it gave me something noticeable and fun. I'm psyched.

I can't imagine it being too bad, even if the release slows down XP.

Green weapons will replace white ones so you keep having new stuff to grind and unlock.
Same when rares start to replace greens, etc., so you'll still be getting those new skill/new attachement pop-ups all the time :allears:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Do you still have to complete the raid to get an achievement/trophy? And with ones clan. That could be the hardest challenge not most easily done through time. I can see selling achievement-desperate slots in clans for raids..

It's going to be hilarious to see the platinum/gamerscore whiners bitch about the four raid and/or clan achievements.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

I may actually have trouble with those, too. I usually play with a small group of friends and I don't think they're all getting this on 360. :(

Obviously, goons will be an option, but that's still tougher to set up and work with than friends.

It really only matters if you care for gamerscore/trophies. Otherwise everything except for 2-3 (Raid, Hard Raid, Clan Raid) of them are perfectly possible and 1 (Clan Strike) might require a bit of work.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

You mean I have to shoot mans in this first person shooter?!

Not if you idle and let your team do everything for you :smug:
/warframe

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Looks like the Expansions are actually a bit bigger than I thought, by virtue of having a Raid.

quote:

We call it an expansion because it has one of all the activity types from Destiny, so it's story, strike and beyond – and competitive and cooperative experiences in there. As well as new gear, new armor, new weapons and everything else.

haveblue posted:

Normal Crucible is the one where things are constrained and smoothed down to an even playing field. Iron Banner lets you go hog wild after the skill check (presumably they are using modified ELO like every other matchmaking service in the universe).

Sort of, you still benefit from all your equipment perks. So items like Crest of Alpha Lupi seem like a massive advantage in PvP modes where you can rez your team, for example.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 15, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lumpy posted:

Hey guys, just wanted to remind everyone, since it comes up in IRC a lot: it's not Sept. 9th yet.

:cry:

Have some new Mars gameplay footage then.

The Cabal seem super fun to fight/a nice change of pace from the high critter count of the Fallen/Hive.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Symphoric posted:

I'm probably too old to ever get good at PvP again, but I want that stuff no matter how long it takes me to get it with my rockin' 0.5 K/D ratio.

You can slowly get PvP stuff through PvE activities, so there is that at least.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

I think it's pretty clear that the site has taken a mish-mash of (misinterpreted) already known information, data mined stuff and straight up guesses and tried to pass it off as an article full of new definitive answers.

Pretty much. This is what happens when you stop feeding us information, Bungie :(
Retards start to make poo poo up for clicks.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Feenix posted:

I think it's a Titan. But honestly, to date I haven't seen any truly interesting Warlock gear (especially helmets). Common sense tells me that it will exist, but drat. Way to leave me hangin'...

It is, since the helmet is An Insurmountable Skullfort :black101:

Animated version, it's a big GIF.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ularg posted:

If Transmog and space combat isn't the first update to Destiny I will not be a happy camper.

You forgot something real important. But yes, transmog is the most important. I must make the prettiest space robo-princess.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Warlock is so much fun, but they get the lamest armor of the three. Unless someone can show me some sweet warlock dusters, I'm playing Hunter.

Fwoosh!

Alright fine, it seems like from what we've seen they don't get that much.

They do have a cool legendary helmet too, though.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 19, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

I use my A50s for my PS4 and my Xbone.

I just picked up some A40's, they're pretty nice.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Karthe posted:

Has there been any word on whether we'll get to visit other parts of Earth? I'm really hoping there'll be some content that lets us explore the city directly beneath the Traveler, if only for some world-building.

On top of what The Cameo said, Bungie confirmed that stuff like Old Chicago was just research material and will not be part of the game unelss they change their mind later down an expansion.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Talents getting updated, woo!

quote:

• Annihilate added where Vortex Mastery was. Increases the size of explosions created by Nova Bomb and grenades.
  • Vortex mastery moved to where Angry Magic was.
  • Angry Magic replaced Bent Gravity.
  • Bloom and Embrace The Void swapped tiers (Bloom is 2 now)

Well, as far as I could see only Voidwalkers got remixed.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Athenry posted:

This is Bungie, so either our ghosts or the Warmind you find will go rampant at some point and we'll have to deal with that.

We already know that Rasputin, the Warmind we found in the beta missions, has gone loco.

quote:

"Safety protocol 8-6-3. Hostile entities discovered."
"There's no one to blame, it is not their fault or ours. It is the misfortune of being born when the whole world is dying."
"There is no immortality of soul, thus there is no greater good. Therefore everything is permitted."
"Count up this, define the probability of that."
"They are but meat pressed in the mouth of the shell."
"If, as they say, the coming events cast their shadows ahead of time, then the past events cannot but leave their reflections behind them."
"The whole natural order stands as evidence of a progressive movement toward an elevated state of being."

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

Some cool stuff.

Here's hoping Bungie removes the on-kill requirement for Defender's Disintegrate too.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

GodofGravity posted:

I don't think we've seen any official stats on the gear yet, but the assumption is that it will be fairly low level starting gear that will probably be replaced early on.

But we do actually, and it's not starting stuff! :science:

Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon are level 20 Exotics.
The armors (Manifold Seeker, Argus Deimatic, Vanir) are level 15 rares with random perks, so basically they're stuff you'll be looting.

It's also quite unlikely that you'll simply be given the weapons, since they're basically end-game level stuff.
And both guns, while not having any crazy/funky perks, have really useful effects.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 26, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BastardySkull posted:

I thought the Vanguard armory stuff is to replace the poo poo starter gear you get given but apparently not?

Vanguard Armory =/= PS4 exclusive items.

The Vanguard stuff is bought off the Vanguard Quartermaster at 1000 glimmer a pop. So basically it's cheap as hell, better than white quality items... but they have no perks.
The no-perk stuff might change at some point before launch, but yeah it's pretty much a way of buying whatever weapon type you want without dealing with the RNG, and they have slightly better stats.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BastardySkull posted:

Vanguard Armory early access is a preorder exclusive.

For some reason I thought that you would get given the vanguard set as starter gear (green stuff right off the bat) just for shits and giggles and then outgrow it rather quickly. If it's 1000 glimmer per item stuff then there is probably no point buying any of it because you will probably get better stuff from drops.

The Vanguard stuff is only described as "early access", so it could go either way (free vs buy pieces, I know about the pre-order only requirement).
But looking at the promo video for it, you get the items off the vendor and there's a glimmer price. It might actually just be 250 glimmer (or the helmets have a lower price).

e: or maybe you'll have a reason for getting them, stats might be level 8/10-ish? Just with no perks.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 26, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Has Bungie revealed what Vanguard is yet? I'm holding out hope for Firefight 2.0.

The general idea right now is that the Vanguard option is to launch random strikes at specific difficulty levels, because of datamined activities.

"Vanguard Eagle - Launches a random strike at level 18"
Viper 20, Wolf 22, Tiger 24.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's a pretty sweet shader tho.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
By the way, there's a new achievement.

There's a Strike equivalent but this was not in the early list. This one should cause many, many tears.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Wonder if dying means respawning or needing to be revived.

The game UI shows going down as death. So you're screwed pretty easily.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

monkeu posted:

Apparently the two guns are both exotics.

Yiss!

Mango Polo posted:

But we do actually, and it's not starting stuff! :science:

Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon are level 20 Exotics.
The armors (Manifold Seeker, Argus Deimatic, Vanir) are level 15 rares with random perks, so basically they're stuff you'll be looting.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BastardySkull posted:

This is not something we have any idea about other than "guys it's really hard we got some nerds to try it and they thought it was hard and took 16 hours!" so we'll see.

Mission < Strike < Hard Strike < Nightfall (Daily) < Nightfall (Weekly) < Raid < Hard Raid.

Dunno about you, but I sure hope there's a difficulty and overall challenge increase between the first and the last.
Especially since Raids as described by Bungie sound just like typical MMORPG raids, which involve bashing your head against gimmick encounters until you figure them out.
At least until people figure out the whole thing and strategies get posted online. Then it'll be easier to figure out who is just a bad fucker who ruined your dreams of acquiring this achievement.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 28, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Was that achievement already in the original list or was it added later? Because I suspect it was added after all the complains about no matchmaking in raids.

It wasn't in the first list Bungie published, no.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Levantine posted:

A little bummed that Bungie confirmed Mercury as an MP map only. I was hoping to explore that stunning skybox.

Many a match during the launch window will be won because the other team spent too much time looking at the pretty sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Is anyone having issues preloading Destiny PS4 via the web interface? The PS4 is on stand-by, but it says Destiny & the vanguard are still waiting in the queue.

Since I'm a few hundred kilometres away and returning on launch day, I'd hoped to start the download remotely :(

• Locked thread