Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syphon
Jan 1, 2001
High-res (1080p), High FPS (60), "Next-Gen" Graphics... Pick any two.

Obviously a generalization with more and more exceptions over time, but the iron triangle is a pretty common metaphor for situations like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
"The user reviews of Destiny are proof that metacritic needs to go away"

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2014/09/09/the-user-reviews-of-destiny-are-proof-that-metacritic-needs-to-go-away

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

SiKboy posted:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I havent read all 150 pages of the thread;

Is there some subtlety to the sniper rifle I'm missing? Because it wont fire. I have ammo for it, I can aim down it, but pulling the trigger doesnt fire the gun, which obviously is not optimal for a sniper rifle. I assumed that my controller was broken for a second, but switching back to my main weapon and it fires fine.

It happened with the level 1 sniper rifle, and its happening again at level 8, none of my other weapons, main or special, have had any issues like that. I'm playing on PS4 if that makes a difference.
It's possible you're actually using a Fusion Rifle (which is a Special weapon, just like the Sniper Rifle). Hold the trigger for a second or two and if you get a burst of fire, then you actually have a Fusion Rifle equipped.

• Locked thread