Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

"The Destiny beta does not support xbox live party chat"

ahahahaha that's ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I thought the Gamestop thing was just it was the most pre-ordered new IP in Gamestop history. But that probably means in all game history too considering how big Gamestop is.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Midnight PST according to the timer :(

So people who buy the physical version at midnight can play it immediately, but digital has to wait until 3am EST?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That would make midnight launches in any time zone but PST lame. Here's your game! Now wait 1-3 hours to play.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hope so. Hard to obtain my achievements are the best

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yessss those rule

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I thought the grimoire numbers always ended in 0 or 5

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Grinding will involve playing strikes and PVP. You know, fun FPSer content, the reason you buy a shooter by the people that made Halo.

Seriously. The grinding will be "playing the game". Just like playing your 1,000th round of battlefield. Grind away.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I will only play games with Platinum users.

(how long has that box been there please tell me they just added it)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Gotta separate the wheat from the chaff somehow.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ularg posted:

I just can't take the frustration that comes with competitive multiplayer for some reason.

I find the devil herb and alcohol to help with this. Playing BF4 sober is not fun.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

victrix posted:

Pretty much. Destiny will almost certainly have the benefit of a giant playerbase, and with quality matchmaking, eventually you should be put into games with players just as good or bad as you are

Though I suspect parties may still gently caress with this, they usually do

Hopefully they'll just use the party leaders stats for finding games. Have the leader be the worst guy, get matched with bad players, stomp away.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I wear what makes me look good, not what advances me stats. Destiny is all about High Fashion.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Something I never use so whatever. Work on more important things.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Before broadband internet was a thing in every house and console multiplayer over the internet wasn't a big thing, yeah we did that. But it's more fun to us to play together against other random people. You play your same friends over and over and you get to learn their playstyle and it gets kinda lame. I can see the appeal though.

Sometimes the occasional 3v3 friends only wacky rules is fun, but it's not something I require in Destiny and am totally willing to wait if that means the other stuff gets polished first.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've seen quite a few of those avatars around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMwc1c0HRQ

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Speedball posted:

Alright, folks, I've been in the dark on what Destiny is and even more in the dark on why everyone's excited about it. What specifically is it going to do to make me want to play it? What separates it from the pack?

It's fun

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

haha is posting someone's psn name really bad form? Oh no my video game screen name! I'll get friend requests! That's ridiculously stupid.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

haveblue posted:

It's bad form to post someone elses's contact info of any kind if they haven't volunteered it themselves, yes.

Only the random people who are in the servers he joins (in any game) may know his video game screen name. That's dumb.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

They might have to delete some messages! or friend requests! THE HORROR

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cloaked posted:

It's more about accounts getting targeted for hijacking/hacking and whatnot, it's an actual problem.

Well then maybe you shouldn't make your password letmein123

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Murgos posted:

If you don't think that little crumbs like that are all internet stalkers need to unravel who someone is then welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

This isn't Watch_Dogs

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'm more worried about PSN's garbage servers going down than Bungie's.

During normal times it sometimes takes 30+ seconds to load messages

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

"Look for the full trailer in PC Gaming magazine"

That brings me back

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That voice acting was horrible. Never buying that game

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

xxEightxx posted:

Have we heard of ships being anything other than fluff beyond their ability to let you access further planets?

No. All they do is let others know you're not a dirty poor that can't afford a fancy loading screen decoration.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I look forward to playing all the classes because that's something the game allows.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

So I'm guessing the amazon preorder, get code, apply to destiny, cancel preorder will work?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

zenintrude posted:

I guess you didn't notice the GameStop exclusive badge down there in the corner.

I did not. Well gently caress you gamestop

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

After I get that trophy I'm gonna eat my own grenade near the end of any raid where no one has died yet.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

What gives you that impression? I got the sense that that was exactly what they were going for.

a cop posted:

They compared the raids to dark souls, which is easy as hell.

Helps to keep reading

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Plus it gives them the opportunity to release "ultra hard mode" raids or whatever as dlc. You can beat the ones we said were really hard, how about these new super hard ones bet you can't beat them. $15.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

This thread:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah let's fight about how hard the raids no one has played will be again

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

These raids sound pretty easy once you figure out not to stand in the fire.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

There is no need beyond people's spergy desire for a fresh thread to poo poo in on release date

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dear Bungie, listening to this man is a Bad Idea do not do it

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bungie.

I guess your right. Using the same play style for every encounter sure sounds like max fun. Bungie sure is dumb for forcing you to play outside your comfort zone for raid bosses.

Edit: I swear I read it in an interview about things being immune to void poo poo and needing to change stats

Edit: oh you work for bungie? Are you icewolf or a different guy

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 30, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

a cop posted:

It has a timer and is limited to three shots. It was the best of the supers in beta and would constantly result in triple kills.

False Warlock was the best because you could wipe out an entire team capping a flag in one go

False Titan was the best because punching people is :black101:

/thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

edit:^^^^^^^^^ :spergin:

a cop posted:

Well, statistically,

But, in WoW,

• Locked thread