Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bolow posted:

Of those 15 it's really just 5 maps with various remakes of them over the course of the series

Will still have MCC exclusive remakes and post-release map packs and a $50 Season Pass.

Edit: vv I'm joking.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ularg posted:

Will still have MCC exclusive remakes and post-release map packs and a $50 Season Pass.

Seriously? It's confirmed to have dlc? I was considering an xbone just for this but not if that's the case.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

incorporeal posted:

100 maps. 15 good ones.

All of those 15 are Blood Gulch.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

All of those 15 are Blood Gulch.

I disliked most of the Blood Gulch remakes, they never captured the feeling of 1. Halo 2 had the issue at launch where it'd be Coagulation all the time with SMGs as the default primary.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

McDowell posted:

Will there be split screen?

I'm afraid I don't know this one. 343 has been skimpy on the specifics of the multiplayer environment aside from 99 maps, cross game playlists, and dedicated servers. They haven't done an official (there's some offscreen stuff floating around that's subject to change) reveal of the customization menu, lobbies, settings menu, or even anything related to Halos 1 or 4.

Slim pickings. But in any case, methinks it would be an epic fail if splitscreen was left out, or they DRMd it.

Moving on, it's true that Halo has had a lot of stinkers in ye olde map dept., but there's quite a few more than 15 good ones. My personal favs from the default non-remake console maps:

Halo 1 - All great except for Chiron TL-34 & Rat Race. (11)
Halo 2 - Lockout, Ascension, Ivory Tower, Headlong, and Midship are great, Foundation and Zanzibar are ok. (7)
Halo 3 - Guardian, The Pit, Epitaph, Narrows, and Isolation are great, Snowbound and Sandtrap are ok. (7)
Halo 4 - N/A, have yet to play it.

And my fave non-remake DLC maps:

Halo 2 - Containment is great.
Halo 3 - Standoff and Foundry are great.

Also, I recall Halo PC's Timberland being at least ok.

So off the top of my head...that's a minimum of twenty-four great maps and five ok ones. Add in some DLC and PC maps I'm not familiar with, Halo 4 (which must have at least ONE ok original map), and Halo 3's Valhalla (which is great, but with just a touch too much Blood Gulch DNA to say it's not a remake), and I'd have to say at least a third of the maps in MCC are winners. :)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Halo 4 has a Valhalla remake that was pretty good. I also really enjoyed the Domination/Dominion mode. I forget what it was called but the maps for it in H4 were fun.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It's a shame if split screen isn't in it, I enjoyed playing four player split screen on matchmaking and I'm not sure when it changed but pretty much none of the playlists in Reach and 3 accept 4 local players any more.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Seriously, if they cut local coop there is no way I am buying it. Playing through Halo alone is boring as poo poo and I am terrible at Halo competitive multiplayer

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Seriously, if they cut local coop there is no way I am buying it. Playing through Halo alone is boring as poo poo and I am terrible at Halo competitive multiplayer

Yeah that would actually be a deal breaker for me. 4 player local multiplayer feels like core to the halo experience to me, and halo 4 was just awful at performance during split screen.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This game is going to own. CTF on Halo 1 Blood Gulch with flag at home required to score on xbl should be fun.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

a cop posted:

Seriously? It's confirmed to have dlc? I was considering an xbone just for this but not if that's the case.

This is dumb. If everything was still included from the previous games, but they also said they'd release additional remakes or new maps as DLC, then suddenly the base game is no longer a good value? I understand being against DLC in a situation where it was cut from the main game to sell later, but in this sort of situation DLC could only possibly be extra cobtent. What drives people to get angry about extra paid content being available?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DLC fractures the community. That never happening is a huge selling point for me. It's dumb that you think it's dumb :)

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

a cop posted:

DLC fractures the community. That never happening is a huge selling point for me. It's dumb that you think it's dumb :)

I miss Bad Company 2 :(

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

This game is going to own. CTF on Halo 1 Blood Gulch with flag at home required to score on xbl should be fun.

This guy knows a good time! :cool:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Someone asked if Halo 4 is still poo poo.

It is.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Booties posted:

Someone asked if Halo 4 is still poo poo.

It is.

Well, yeah.

I'm cautiously optimistic that 343 listened to people's complaints about 4, but I'm still wary of 5. It looks like they might finally be moving away from MC as a main character, which is almost a bit like shutting the barn doors too late. And hopefully the MP isn't still dumb and reactionary to Call of Duty.

Shoulda left him drifting out in space forever, though :argh:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Soul Glo posted:

Well, yeah.

I'm cautiously optimistic that 343 listened to people's complaints about 4, but I'm still wary of 5. It looks like they might finally be moving away from MC as a main character, which is almost a bit like shutting the barn doors too late. And hopefully the MP isn't still dumb and reactionary to Call of Duty.

Shoulda left him drifting out in space forever, though :argh:

Well I believe Halo 5 will have a better competitive playlist as well as the usual social stuff. There are supposed to be built in player traits which sounds dumb. All this bonus poo poo is ruining good pvp play imo. Destiny pvp is dumb because of supers and intrinsic abilities, not to mention how janky the netcode can be, but it's fine because Destiny is a pve game with a passable pvp arena. Halo 5 sounds like they are listening to players and learning from halo 4, but that they are still going down the path that bungie started with halo reach.

Halo is dead. :rip:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The only map I'll ever need is Lockout so holy poo poo I am excited to be able to play it again online. Still have friends get together and play that map every once in a while.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lblitzer posted:

The only map I'll ever need is Lockout so holy poo poo I am excited to be able to play it again online. Still have friends get together and play that map every once in a while.

Gonna be voting to skip quite a while with so many other maps thrown in there.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
Every google search is telling me split screen has been confirmed.

And Chiron is the only map in the entire series that I like simply because it is so bad. Shotguns and rockets on that map were just stupidly fun.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Winter Fresh posted:

Every google search is telling me split screen has been confirmed.

And Chiron is the only map in the entire series that I like simply because it is so bad. Shotguns and rockets on that map were just stupidly fun.

I think it is 2 player max split screen. That, and halo 1 and 2 co-op campaign will be 2 players max.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

It sucks, but it's hard to knock 'em on that when there's so much crammed onto the disc. I'll probably never get four people in the same room to play any game again anyway, so :shrug:

Kinda FYGM I guess, but it won't stop my enjoyment of it.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo Reach is free for the rest of the month. :siren: Download it now!

Warlock is the last anniversary map http://teambeyond.net/warlock-remade-for-halo-2-anniversary/

Reach and ODST could come to Xbox One which would be sweeeeeeeeet http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/09/17/halo-reach-and-odst-on-xbox-one-could-happen

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Reach is the best Halo. That'd be cool.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Soul Glo posted:

Reach is the best Halo. That'd be cool.

I agree with this. I am not really a big Halo fan, but they are fun to play split screen co-op and Reach was pretty great at that. I played Reach at my buddies place this weekend and I was surprised by how decent the graphics look still. I would be psyched about Reach on the bone.

Booties posted:

I think it is 2 player max split screen. That, and halo 1 and 2 co-op campaign will be 2 players max.

I am ok with this. More is better, but I only ever played with 2 people so as long as spit screen is in, I will pick up the Master Chief collection at some point.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Today's the last day to download Reach for free!!!!! Anyone want to play tonight? I will be on sometime after 8:30 PM EDT. Gamertag: faaart XCUSE ME

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Today's the last day to download Reach for free!!!!! Anyone want to play tonight? I will be on sometime after 8:30 PM EDT. Gamertag: faaart XCUSE ME

I keep seeing your drivatar in Forza Horizon 2, and your user name is truly sullying (improving?) my experience in the south of France driving Ferrari's.

\/\/\/ They just populate in world drivatars with names off your friends list. \/\/\/

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 1, 2014

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Soul Glo posted:

I keep seeing your drivatar in Forza Horizon 2, and your user name is truly sullying (improving?) my experience in the south of France driving Ferrari's.

I sold Forza 5 long ago. RIP. Never played FH2.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Halo 1 - All great except for Chiron TL-34 & Rat Race. (11)

Rat race was probably one of my favorite Slayer maps and I dare you to not have fun with shotguns on Chiron bro, loving dare you.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I'm excited for Halo 1 multiplayer online since I never really played it split-screen. I really only remember once, even, so it's like I'm getting a whole slew of new maps.

I guess all the maps from Halo 4 will feel new too since I played two online matches of that before shelving it in favor of that year's CoD (BLOPS2?).

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I got the forza that came with the bone, but I haven't even played it yet because of destiny. It's a chill game. I like it, but I'm not one of those nuts you buy all the cars and what not.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Synthetic Hermit posted:

99 maps on one disc? Cross game playlists? 1080p/60? Dedicated servers? Halo 5 beta? Original Halo 1 multi on Xbox Live? Revamped Forge? Gungoose?

Can't get any of that on 360/YouTube...

How about some new, top quality footage to tempt you?

Cairo Station* - http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/e7205ef49522443d95be042e60bf5cf6
Delta Halo - http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/7a313bc9b2e647ff8446efc0d1bdebc3
Zanzibar Anniversary - http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/9753e089a609484ea9c8ef9877869bbe
Dan Ayoub VO - http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/fb771808cfab47ffb1058df6761abdc2

*Build used here has framerate drops, will be fixed in final version.

If you remain unmoved, so be it...:reject:

I'm ready dude, the moment I heard the announcement for this bundle I went out and got an xbone and sat on it without a single game for two months before Destiny came out.

I'm going to play sooooo much loving Halo CE multiplayer it's going to be disgusting. I took the whole week of work off just to sit and play till my eyes bleed, the only in person human interaction I'm going to have is signing my receipts for the food I have delivered. I have been signing petitions for Bungie to do this for years, god is this going to be great... I'm such a loving fan boy.

Any word on Halo CE footage?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It'll be interesting to see if the CE maps hold up under such a large population playing so frequently. I played a lot on PC and xbox connect or whatever it used to be called and they coped pretty well considering they probably spent a tenth of the time on them compared to the time they spent on the maps in 2 and 3.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I still don't get the point of the 6 (?) halo 2 maps getting remade.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011

Booties posted:

I still don't get the point of the 6 (?) halo 2 maps getting remade.

They should have remade Turf and Relic. How many variations of Blood Gulch and Zanzibar can we possibly need. Not to mention it will most likely show up in Halo 5 too.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Texibus posted:

Rat race was probably one of my favorite Slayer maps and I dare you to not have fun with shotguns on Chiron bro, loving dare you.

My first impressions were bad, so I didn't play those maps very much after. Maybe re-experiencing them will improve my review.

Alas, still no Halo 1 footage. The weekly update is due today, so let's see what's on tap...

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Winter Fresh posted:

They should have remade Turf and Relic. How many variations of Blood Gulch and Zanzibar can we possibly need. Not to mention it will most likely show up in Halo 5 too.

All or none. Anything besides that is weird. What are they trying to accomplish? Who is going to appreciate it? Seems like a big time/money sinks.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
The weekly 343 Halo Bulletin has been delayed until tomorrow...

Texibus
May 18, 2008
They must be ready to drop a news bomb on us or they ain't got squat to tell because this UPDATE IS LATE.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I haven't read a bulletin in so long. Better be good.

• Locked thread