Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Content
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (Halo Anniversary)
  • Halo 2 (Halo 2 Anniversary)
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta (29 December)
  • Halo: Nightfall

Key Features
  • 4 campaigns in a unified UI
  • Remastered graphics for Halo 1 and 2
  • 100 maps (including all DLC maps)
  • 1080p / 60 frames per second across all games
  • Dedicated servers
  • Unified ranking based on Halo 2's system

Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary)
  • Switch between original and remastered graphics
  • Xbox Live multiplayer (CE and PC maps)
  • Online co-op (2 players)
  • 1080p and 60fps
  • Dedicated servers

Halo 2 (Anniversary)
  • Switch between original and remastered graphics
  • 6 remastered 'Anniversary' multiplayer maps (in addition to the originals). These maps will also be Forge compatible.
  • Online co-op (2 players)
  • 1080p and 60fps
  • Dedicated servers

Halo 3
  • Not remastered but will run at 1080p and 60fps
  • Dedicated servers
  • Everything else returning: 4 player online co-op, forge, theatre mode, all original and DLC maps.

Halo 4
  • Not remastered but will run at 1080p and 60fps
  • Dedicated servers
  • Everything else returning: 4 player online co-op, forge, theatre mode, all original and DLC maps.

Halo 5: Guardians (Multiplayer Beta)
  • 29 December 2014 - January 18 2015
  • 7 maps, three modes and 11 weapons

Halo: Nightfall
  • Digital Series
  • Ridley Scott

Videos

E3 Trailer
E3 Stage Demo
RTX Panel
Graphic Comparison Demo
Halo 2: Anniversary Cinematic Trailer
E3 Multiplayer Demo
Sanctuary (Remastered Map) Gameplay
Halo 5: Guardians - Multiplayer First Look

Halo 2 Anniversary - Remastered Maps
  1. Lockout
  2. Sanctuary
  3. Ascension
  4. Zanzibar
  5. Coagulation
  6. TBA

Ape Gone Insane fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Almost made this myself! I swore nearly 6 years ago to an Indian man at the Xbox help center that I'd never buy another Microsoft gaming product because they wouldn't replace my red-ringed Xbox 360... then they went and put Halo CE competitive online and now they have my money again. :negative:

Texibus fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 12, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Buying a bone just to play this. Very excited.

e; oh no poo poo post tag. :rip:

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Texibus posted:

Almost made this myself! I swore nearly 6 years ago to an Indian man at the Xbox help center that I'd never buy another Microsoft gaming product because they wouldn't replace my red-ringed Xbox 360... then they went and put Halo CE competitive online and now they have my money again. :negative:

I haven't played CE and 2 before so those will be new experiences for me. I'm a bit annoyed that they are keeping the glitches in Halo 2 in their attempt to be 'faithful'. The objective game exploits sound horrible and would be inexcusable if found in a game today. At least the ones in Halo 3 got patched.

Booties posted:

Buying a bone just to play this. Very excited.

e; oh no poo poo post tag. :rip:

Yeah, my bad. I've put in a request to a mod to get it changed.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Ape Gone Insane posted:

I haven't played CE and 2 before so those will be new experiences for me. I'm a bit annoyed that they are keeping the glitches in Halo 2 in their attempt to be 'faithful'. The objective game exploits sound horrible and would be inexcusable if found in a game today. At least the ones in Halo 3 got patched.

None of the glitches in Halo 2 were really advantageous for actual matches, or at least not the ones I remember. It was mostly poo poo you could use to get out of bounds and explore the map. Have tons of fun memories trying to scale buildings with friends in Headlong.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

TechnoSyndrome posted:

None of the glitches in Halo 2 were really advantageous for actual matches, or at least not the ones I remember. It was mostly poo poo you could use to get out of bounds and explore the map. Have tons of fun memories trying to scale buildings with friends in Headlong.

I only looked at this link but it seems like the ones that let you exploit the Flag and Bomb would ruin objective game types. I don't mind the out of map or button glitches though.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I still don't really get the point in the remodled Halo 2 MP maps. That will just further split the population that is already dwindling at best. Very excited for all this content, but sort of pessimistic about it's execution.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Who will care what I have to say without my blue name?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy y'know. Between this, Guardians, Call of Duty deciding to go all Luke Skywalker jumping around cause it's the future, Bungie making Destiny and that "Evolve" thingy...

Maybe life isn't just a constant deluge of garbage and misery that ends when you die.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Follow me on Xbox.

Gamertag: faaart XCUSE ME

LOOK AT THESE PICTURESSSSS http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-new-images/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 12, 2014

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was going to say something snarky about Guardians looking promising but still have a bunch of RPG poo poo in it, but then I realized that it was Destiny that had the classes or whatever and I started to get excited again. I miss the ol' Halo 3 days.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
It's me, I'm the guy who liked Halo 4.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

I'm just surprised to find out that it has taken until now for any halo game to be brought up to 60fps. Looking forward to seeing how the ce maps feel. That pistol...

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Is the online multiplayer completely unified? Like will we be able to mix and match every weapon, item, map, and mode from the complete series?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Isn't the multiplayer going to get extremely fragmented with the system they've got going? Four games, multiple playlists on each game, not to mention the fact that nobody bought an Xbone in the first place.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bardeh posted:

Isn't the multiplayer going to get extremely fragmented with the system they've got going? Four games, multiple playlists on each game, not to mention the fact that nobody bought an Xbone in the first place.

From what I remember reading the matchmaking is the same as before where you choose a map and gametype. The game then loads which Halo game that map belongs to. It would technically be possible to choose between Blood Gulch, Coagulation, and Hemorrhage. :v:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bardeh posted:

No, because all the games are intermingled. You'll choose the Slayer playlist and be thrown into a Halo 3 match, then vote on a Halo 2 map, a Halo 4 map, or a Halo 2 Anniversary map. Then after that you'll play a Halo 1 match, and so on.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Funkmaster General posted:

No, because all the games are intermingled. You'll choose the Slayer playlist and be thrown into a Halo 3 match, then vote on a Halo 2 map, a Halo 4 map, or a Halo 2 Anniversary map. Then after that you'll play a Halo 1 match, and so on.

OK, fair enough, that does sound like a cool system. I'm guessing that you could just choose playlists from one game if you wanted, though? Say, if you just feel like playing Halo 2 tonight, not any others?

I wonder which game will end up being the one that people gravitate towards.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Anyone have any guesses as to what the final Halo 2 remastered map will be?

So far what's been announced is Lockout, Sanctuary, Ascension, Zanzibar and Coagulation. Seems like it might be a large map if they are aiming to balance the size of their selection. Midship seems unlikely given it was in Halo 3 as Heretic and it seems to have been remade for Halo 5: Guardians, but you never know, I suppose.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ape Gone Insane posted:

So far what's been announced is Lockout, Sanctuary, Ascension, Zanzibar and Coagulation. Seems like it might be a large map if they are aiming to balance the size of their selection. Midship seems unlikely given it was in Halo 3 as Heretic and it seems to have been remade for Halo 5: Guardians, but you never know, I suppose.

If I was to make a guess/wishful thinking, it'd be Headlong or Waterworks.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Terminal :getin:

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Headlong, Waterworks, Lockout, Beaver Creek and/or Colossus

No Hemorrhage in MCC because that's a Reach map :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hemorrhage sucked anyway so good riddance.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

If it's not terminal there is so much wrong with this world

Bardeh posted:

It's not split by game. One playlist could include all 4 games with gametypes/weapons unique to each game.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
I hope the last map is either turf or relic. Probably my favorite two maps, but I'm really glad sanctuary made it in.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Yeah, my bad. I've put in a request to a mod to get it changed.

I hope they use a Xbox OG/360 tag.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Looks like I'll be helping goons get their 50's again.

Love, ROBOCOPPING

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Love, ROBOCOPPING

These are all of your posts in every Halo thread :(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing with you again.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
New information on the ranking and playlist system

http://teambeyond.net/master-chief-collection-ranks/

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Love, ROBOCOPPING

Aw hell yeah.

MickRaider posted:

It's not split by game. One playlist could include all 4 games with gametypes/weapons unique to each game.

That doesn't sound good at all. What if you never want to play halo 4 again? What if you only want to play one game? What gametypes are going to be in these lists? How are they split?

There are a lot of questions still left unanswered which is a big deal. This whole thing could flop because no one is happy.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

VJeff posted:

Boy y'know. Between this, Guardians, Call of Duty deciding to go all Luke Skywalker jumping around cause it's the future, Bungie making Destiny and that "Evolve" thingy...

Maybe life isn't just a constant deluge of garbage and misery that ends when you die.

Yes, the purchase and extensive usage of lots of videogames is an excellent way to fend off existential angst and you will definitely look back with pride at a life well spent

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Booties posted:

This whole thing could flop because no one is happy.

Welcome to video games in 2014. Where gamers are entitled twats and developers can't do anything right.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

Welcome to video games in 2014. Where gamers are entitled twats and developers can't do anything right.

Really?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Judging by your comment, yup Really.

"No one is happy" is pretty much the 343i battle cry

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

Judging by your comment, yup Really.

"No one is happy" is pretty much the 343i battle cry

No one will be happy if they can't find matches in the split playlists because population sizes are so small. The counter to that is bunch it all together in one playlist? That kind of defeats the purpose of getting to play what you want if you have to vote on an engine. There is still a lot of unknows. I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

LegendaryFrog posted:

I'm just surprised to find out that it has taken until now for any halo game to be brought up to 60fps. Looking forward to seeing how the ce maps feel. That pistol...

Pistol... how I have missed you, old friend. It's goign to be fantastic to play this over real servers and not some lovely trick that Xbox Connect does.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Booties posted:

No one will be happy if they can't find matches in the split playlists because population sizes are so small. The counter to that is bunch it all together in one playlist? That kind of defeats the purpose of getting to play what you want if you have to vote on an engine. There is still a lot of unknows. I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

You mean like how they have a team slayer, team objective, etc?

You don't get to play what you want. When have you ever gotten to play what you want in matchmaking? You get to pick what you want based on what matchmaking offers you.

Don't want to play Halo 4? Play customs.

I don't know why people are so concerned about population segmentation. They're just forcing matchmaking to include all games, it's really not that complex.

Halo 4's good man.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

You don't get to play what you want. When have you ever gotten to play what you want in matchmaking? You get to pick what you want based on what matchmaking offers you.

I don't know why people are so concerned about population segmentation. They're just forcing matchmaking to include all games, it's really not that complex.

Halo 4's good man.

Well I disagree and I'm not part of a small minority. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

MickRaider posted:

Halo 4's good man.

Man, I actually like Halo 4, but this post is a real dickheaded approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

If they just let you play Halo 2 multiplayer who would buy Halo 5?

Booties posted:

Well I disagree and I'm not part of a small minority. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
you need to stop reading neogaf, it's made you jaded

• Locked thread