Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Halo PAX showdown live! Wow!!

http://www.twitch.tv/halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Haquer posted:

Think the goon clan will be larger than the Destiny clan? http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/313913

It'll be better supported ingame that's for sure (clans are entirely useless in Destiny)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ularg posted:

Will still have MCC exclusive remakes and post-release map packs and a $50 Season Pass.

Seriously? It's confirmed to have dlc? I was considering an xbone just for this but not if that's the case.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

All of those 15 are Blood Gulch.

I disliked most of the Blood Gulch remakes, they never captured the feeling of 1. Halo 2 had the issue at launch where it'd be Coagulation all the time with SMGs as the default primary.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DLC fractures the community. That never happening is a huge selling point for me. It's dumb that you think it's dumb :)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Alteisen posted:

Coagulation, Blood Gulch and Hemorrhage are all lovely, garbage maps and I wish they'd loving die and never come back. Blood Gulch worked ok with the limitations of H1 but Coagulation was just a pile of dicks and Hemorrhage was just awful thanks to the marksman rifle.

Yeah. Blood Gulch was great but all the subsequent iterations were meh as gently caress. If the H1 playlist has proper 2v2 CTF...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ouch, those playlists. Can't just choose to play Halo 1 CTF. Welp.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Crafty posted:

Some of those achievements will be hard to get.

Someone's made a summary video detailing all that's included in MCC. It's on youtube though so it's all 30fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5egKMQvXuY

Unghh that music. That's my nostalgia right there..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wow Xbone Halo 2 can only support 2 player splitscreen online? That's loving hilarious.

e: Wait was it 2 player on original xbox? For some reason I thought it was up to 4 but maybe I only ever played with 2 and am confusing it with local..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

losonti tokash posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure that's how it was originally. Halo 3 was the first one to go all 4 player coop and online guests.

Lol nevermind then. It's the good ole original experience. I forgot that I was playing 4 player on local a lot back then. RIP halo days..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Agoat posted:

Picked up at 1080p60 capture card for Master Chief Collection. Oh yeah.

You kinda missed the boat on that man :( I mean, it's not like Halo vids are gonna light up the charts. Capture cards own regardless though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That 343 guy calls the warthog the war thog.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Halo 2 multiplayer reskin includes kill cam, loadouts, map tweaks (you can jump through the center window on Lockout), weapon tweaks, vehicles on radar.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lol "You always see these debates online, which multiplayer was the best, halo 1 or 2 or 3 or..whatever"

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The re-done H2 multiplayer death X's look worse than original H2. They hardly stand out at all.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It should be noted that the "remade" maps will also play differently from standard H2. Weapons were rebalanced, maps were changed, they added the ability to spawn with different loadouts, etc.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

But the originals should still be in the game, right?

Ya all the content (Including DLC, PC exclusives) from original halo1/2/3/4 is in the game. The remade halo 2 maps are their own "director's cut" type deal.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

Sweet. This game is gonna be great.

Yeah I'm pretty much going to get an xbone exclusively to play this, whenever I find one for $150-$250.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I still need my 360 for EDF & streaming and my ps3 for fighting games :\

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

2017 & 2025 will always hold a dear place in my heart. Best drunken couch coop out there. I haven't played in awhile though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's upsetting that more games don't straight up emulate older games. Stuff like Pandora Tomorrow and Halo 2 had better maps/multiplayer systems than tons of stuff coming out these days.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

They should bundle odst, reach, halo wars, and that lovely top down thing :getin:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4VNP4Q2NJw

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Downloading 20 gigs sucks no matter what connection you're on. Even if you're on t1 or w/e the gently caress that's still a couple minutes of waiting when you just wanna play your new game! Let alone slow connections where it's fuckin days! Not including a second install disk is pretty lame...just another example of the current hardware being in effect worse than the last gen..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

-A n i m 8- posted:

You are a loving nerd. Anyway, played some press folks last night, MCC is good, very good.

Lmao. Of course the MCC is good, we've already played all the good games in it. I really want to get an xbone exclusively for the MCC but it'll probably be a bit before I can find one for $200-$250 :sigh:

(I'll buy Halo 5 when it's like 10 bux)

343 are really lovely devs. That's already been proven. Everyone knows halo 5 is gonna suck. The fuckin' halo 4 online was worse than Halo 2.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I dunno man you'd think they'd give it their all when they'd been handed one of the largest IPs in gaming history but all the did was make it as much like CoD as possible :shrug: And on the technical side all the menus and options were extremely lacking.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 9, 2014

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Halo 4 isn't remotely anything like CoD.
Destiny is way closer and you are a lot less dismissive of that game.

Things 343 added: killstreaks, no weapons on map, killcam, instant spawn, reduced ttk, unlocking stuff for loadouts, sprint for all
things 343 removed: a bunch of stuff that had been in Halo forever

literally everything they changed made it more like cod but ok buddy

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 9, 2014

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Haquer posted:

Just fyi Anim8 is an employee of 343 studios so if he ever counters you with poo poo responses feel free to ignore him

He animated cortana's dank rear end titties (we assume)

He's a real piece of poo poo but he's a company man, and I respect that.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

-A n i m 8- posted:

Why am I a piece of poo poo?

Because you dismiss every complaint and tow the company line unabashedly. Also you animated Cortana's fat milf jugs. That's hosed up man. But you gotta bring home the bacon.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

-A n i m 8- posted:

Ok... what did you do ?

Lol

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Anim8 is cool

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You're AnimatorJB right? Where do I remember that name from? The little trailer that plays when you idle at the Halo menu screen or somethin'?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

-A n i m 8- posted:

There we go. Hey message me and if you are in town I can give you a tour. I am always looking for feedback.

Haha, will do! Thanks for the offer, I'll always be a Halo fanboy no matter what horrible monstrosity the series morphs into over time. Despite Halo 4 no one's done Halo better yet.

Oh :saddowns:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

shaitan posted:

Keep an eye out for good deals. I just got a bone for $288 shipped from khols

Where'd you see this deal?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

C411 posted:

I'm pretty disappointed they scrapped the Halo CE playlist at the last second. Not sure why it can stay in Team Slayer but it's too buggy for it's own playlist.

Wait, what? There isn't going to be a Halo: CE playlist?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

C411 posted:

Not at launch at least. They announced the playlist lineup on Saturday and it's a little different from what IGN posted last month.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update

'The gently caress, that's the main reason I'd want this. Seems like a no-brainer to just separate the playlists based upon halo 1/2/3/4 and then let people choose slayer or objective or ctf or whatever for each of those games. Putting in general "Team Slayer" playlists that contain every game seems like something they should have waited to do once the populations die down.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Organs posted:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/we-played-the-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-and?watch

hell yeah, you think that's advanced warfare?? wrong bitch! it's halo! :D loving the thruster packs and ground slams. 343 definitely has the right idea by slapping the halo skin over the latest cod game, it worked great for halo 4 and it will work great here. this franchise is in good hands :)

That looks cool

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Well, this is impressive.

Organs posted:

maybe that 343 guy who was posting advertisements earlier could take a break from shilling to let people know when the game will be fixed??

He's just an animator!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

Honestly Halo 3 being in the Top 3 until Halo Reach came out years later is the mindblowing part to me. I wonder how long Halo 2 was up there?

Halo 2 was a top 3 XBL title for, like, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

But 20k is "this was a failure" full stop. Nobody played Halo 4 like a month after launch. I know I didn't.

You couldn't pick up grenades in Halo 4 without a perk.

• Locked thread