Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I guess Master Chief wanted to give the covenant back their bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
One weird trick that MMC matchmaking hates! A confirmation bias.

Blow in the cd tray also worked for me and my friends, also try hard resetting your console, maybe uninstalling and reinstalling, can you flash your bios? Try that. Update your modem firmware and maybe call your ISP. All these work flawlessly.

Man, the 3rd Xbox the Xbox 1th fuels your imagination.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

i found a way to get an xbone ac bundle for $325, and 343 is making it hard for me to make a fiscally irresponsible console purchase for one game.

How to get a XBONE AssCreed bundle for 325 dollars in one easy step: buy one from any store.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

very interesting picture...

Voice of Contonelle Puppy confirmed for Master Chief in 343's Magnum Opus Halo Five.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

muddream posted:

Halo: CE MP is interesting to around 2million Americans who played Xbox LAN on their college networks instead of playing Quake, UT or CS like the weird chunker comp sci majors.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Is there some other footage you forgot to link, because I just saw a bunch of people pat themselves on the back for all their hardwork. Will agree with the one dude in the video, looks like he is going to have a heart attack.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Publishers love people who buy without waiting. Teach them to spend more time in QA so the game launches working.

Break the cycle. Don't buy at launch

Watch this before coming back to me with your pedantic whiny consumer expectations that aren't being met:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBJCPI1b8w

It can be bullshit that companies don't make sure their poo poo is up to snuff before selling it and for it to be stupid to preorder/buy sight unseen at the same time.

It is bullshit to sell broken stuff to dumb people.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

AdmiralViscen posted:

How big is the patch?

Too big to fail

whoops it failed

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Also, the Super Mario Super Show has Captain Lou Albano as Mario and the song is catchy as gently caress.

Was the Halo cgi-cross media-brand equity experience self serious and trying to tell the same lovely super soldier, earth invasion that you can get on the made for sci-fi channel on demand?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Seriously serious guys

I'll take whatever that post is as "yup, it's some sloppy poop in the vague form of a film."

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

My buddies and I have been successfully playing the Halo 3 playlist for about ~10 games now, with a party of 3, and then 4 people

Woah, you've been marathoning that game all day?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

shadow puppet of a posted:

Confusing Jeff's natural state as a fat lazy poo poo with being a champion of ethical games journalism is always hilarious. He didnt change the review score because it would have got in the way of his 3 hour lunch of familiar chain restaurant food, not for any reasons of having moral center.

Just watch Jeff swallow his own testicles to avoid having a single critical noise escape his body during a QuickLook EX, you know, one of those shows where the game developers that made up 60% of the guest list of his best friends wedding come by and show off their lovely games to Jeff's unquestioning delight.

A shadow puppet of a has a laser focused criticism of Microsoft, if he deviates from Microsoft it becomes scatter shot and ramshackle. It's a shame he gets all methodis when Giant Bomb is brought up, because he is otherwise pretty easy going. Dude just HATES Giant Bomb and exclusively them. It's weirder than the Xbox stuff because he doesn't seem self aware of it and it always reads like that secret sauce Xbox livejournal thing.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

VideoGames posted:

reviews are opinions.

Actually, it's about ethics in game journalism. You see you have to compare and con--OH NO I AM making GBS threads MY MERONA PLEATED KHAKIS AND ITS COVERING MY BRAIDED BELT AND LAMBSKIN CELLPHONE CASE.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Zaphod42 posted:

How can Chief go AWOL? He's lost in another quadrant of space, and he was believed KIA.

Plus he's kinda the savior and hero of all humanity. (And the Elites too even if they won't admit it)

If the dude wants to piss off in his final years to hunt Cortana, who the hell gives a drat? LET HIM.

gently caress you he is a traitor because we have narratives that say this. We will make this super soldier an underdog regardless of literally everything that has happened to this point. FINISH THE HUNT.

This is some "Spider-Man is a menace" poo poo without the subtle hints and world building of a fuckin comic book.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

sunday at work posted:

Destiny didn't take a perfectly serviceable existing fictional universe with more than a decade of fandom and continuity and poo poo all over it just so the dev could make their own mark on the IP.

I mean, they both took Halo and poo poo on it to leave their own mark. Except one didn't poo poo on Halo and call it Halo, they called it Destiny.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Oh boo freaking hoo. poo poo changes. Unwad your panties.

I mean Bungie basically finished the "original story" what else do they do? Make a new IP (yeah right) or make a new story. They chose the latter.

Gendered insults aside, I played Halo 1 and 2, never played three, Reach, or ODST, bought Halo 4 and after some big laser bridge level I quit. I got no reverance for the story of any of the games because they are video games and video games have awful poo poo stories.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Are you serious right now. You should just shut up and leave the games sub forum because wow.

I can't tell if this is some sort of meta joke wherein you pretend to be someone who actually likes video game "Lore" in comparison to literally every other medium.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

There are some genuinely compelling stories out there and I'm sorry for you if you think otherwise.

Now I just know you are fuckin with me or you literally do not/have not read books, watch television, or see movies.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Iacen posted:

I don't think we can blame the russians for MCC. Not exclusively, at any rate...

I think it's fairly obvious that 343 was Russian to get the game out in time to be fair.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
J. Jenna Jamison stands up and shouts, "JOHN HALO, GET IN MY OFFICE. GET ME SOME SHOTS OF THIS MAESTER CHEIF DOING ANYTHING! Headline will read "SAY HALO TO MASTER CHEAT!"

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Best Halo Gametype/Map is Halo 1 Blood Gulch CTF 4 on 4. None of my friends were great at the game so it was a lot of Warthog bombing runs and it was always great because no one ever locked down the perfect routes so it was always great back and forth action.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

New update https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-5-12-15

I hope the [REDACTED] means Halo: Reach. Please... 343.................

If you want yet more broken games, I got some old rear end NHL discs I can snap in half and mail to you if you are super desperate.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

jivjov posted:

We can't exactly say Halo 5 is unsuccessful and non-functional. It isn't out yet.

MCC also can't be judged because it is at best 75% complete.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Statistics mean nothing to the individual.

Some people did like it. End stop.

I agree, 343 should end, stop.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
It doesn't know who it wants to cater too. Casual players who play with friends or esports enthusiasts. Or maybe, the secret third option of XBOX LIVE GOLD REQUIRED TO USE USE THIS FEATURE.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Neowyrm posted:

Halo Wars

Windows 8 (timed) sclusie Halo Spartan Assault.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

right, you're a no one

Yup, also battlefield. Ignore stux he doesn't know anything besides how to link a graph

I didn't realize COD was released so late in the 360 life cycle. It really came out at a contemporary time period as Halo4?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

They missed a prime opportunity to double dip by killing LAN. The thing is already useless without live so that's a near guaranteed $60 annual fee already, add that to someone buying 3 Bonetrollers and the quarterly cost of replacement and they could make the division profitable. There might even be someone out there mad with syphilis willing to buy 3 Elite Controllers.

They did kill LAN, they are double dipping.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Not against a team of pros you havent

Well, that's a tall order to be sure. First the Xbox Live has to be up, then the Halo matchmaking servers have to be working correctly, then you have to hit that shot and hope that player is a pro, and thats hardest part of all because the pros aren't playing this busted rear end heap.

So this be the only time a pro gets shot like this.

Man, imagine how bummed you have to be to practice and train to be an ESL MLG Haloman and just see the series get pants'd and dunked on repeatedly.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I wanna play BTB so bad so I am excited for the patch they will delay over and over in favor of stability fixes, where they finally add that.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

a Loving Dog posted:

The cutscenes badass and if you don't think so you are a joyless dullard who deserved all the wedgies you definitely received in your years of schooling

Yeah, all those kids who had DBZ a bowling shirts, JNCO jorts, transition lenses, and just the WISPIEST goatees who craved power fantasy animation were definitely not the ones getting the books slapped out of their hands and pants'd at gym class.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

Destiny's pvp is poo poo and not competitive at all

MCC is dead. Bring on halo 5

The King is dead, long live a new, not as good King trying to be like a completely different King.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah it says its earned through playing matches.

Just enough space for an asterisk. "*or you can use USD to download Requestion Badges TinyDLC" tweak some values when it comes to the economy of earning Reqs and can see the continuing Candy Crush Saga of John Halo when he Clashes Clans with Locke Spartan in Halo 5: the dark middle chapter of the 343i trilogy of Halo.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MickRaider posted:

All my friends are terrible at halo anyways.

DICKBLAININ ;-*

Why ya'll complainin' when you could instead be dickblainin'?
*tumble weed slowly rolls around in the ghost town that is Halo 5's maps come February*

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

I'll make a new thread if/when Reach gets the MCC treatment.

Im not sure what you're asking for, didn't 343 already ruin Reach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
halo 5: The Best AAA Xbox One Exclusive First Person Shooter.

• Locked thread