Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Who What Now posted:

This really cannot be said enough. Any public employee that carries a weapon of any kind (gun, taser, even just pepper spray) should have a camera at all times while they have the weapon on them. It's such a no-brainer thing.

go read the last couple pages of the GiP ask cops thread if you want to see the sort of arguments police make against such measures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
those protests were in the UK right?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
someone earlier said that they were using county equipment

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

zeal posted:

The Big Bear sheriffs ordered the news choppers back before they immolated Christopher Dorner in that cabin in Feb 2013.

what was the exact quote? "Start the burner" or something?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The Ferguson Riots Are Not a Shift Away From Peace, They're a Challenge to Violence

Vice News posted:

We can continue to watch Al Sharpton speechify in front of weeping families, we could walk in somber marches, holding signs, we can wait for the next unarmed black kid to die by police bullet. We can fake the peace, but we should not be so blind to think that the "war zone" of police violence stops at the patrolled edges of Ferguson. I repeat here the words of late philosopher Bernard Williams, who noted that “to say peace when there is no peace is to say nothing.” In Ferguson, with broken glass and fire, something is being said.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 13, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I was kinda hoping those idiots wouldn't actually just beat up a dude for being white. 'Bout as hosed as it gets right there, no excuses.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

My Imaginary GF posted:

There's a lot of anger in the area. The police are to blame for escalating the situation, however, the Ferg PD lives in the area. Those coppers' greatest fear is that the black residents won't see them as powerful enough to resist.

What does this mean in response to what I said? That guy wasn't even the first whitey to get stomped, Duckberg got punched in the face too, and he almost got beat on last night not to mention the reporter who got the boot a few nights ago.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
there is no way neo duckberg was handing out third worldist propaganda.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
the people who beat up their white neighbor were racists imo.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

officer willman changed his first name to "scooby" to avoid detection

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Ralepozozaxe posted:

It's hard not to imagine Neo Duckburg being a big shaggy dog partying it up at the protest.

I am picturing a chill white guy with big black dreads.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
the goon man that he was a teacher in a local district

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
jug looked to be full of antacid

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
bring your own poo poo tim christ

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Xibanya posted:

For those coming in late, you can hear Neo Duck say "Hey SA, I'm with Tim" at 2:49 of Tim's stream.

Goony goon.

love the idea but we need a cooler callout that can compete with World star dot com

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Arkane posted:

Man people are just legit furious that Rand Paul had the strongest statement on these events. Sorry that your political idols are cool with the status quo and/or too concerned with their own political capital that they're too cowardly to speak out.

Bernie Sanders 2016

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Zeitgueist posted:

at least the folks who support Bernie don't think he has any sort of chance at doing anything

obviously not, but drat it would be fun.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
black people can tell right away whether you love police or not and will never accept you as a homie if you do.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
lmao at this dump professor cop on cnn right now

e: cnn lady is looking at him like wtf

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
police dogs are perfectly inerrant flesh machines with a 44% success rate.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
no you don't understand we have to kill everyone we shoot at because of safety

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I know there just was an example not that long ago but I can't remember what it entailed. It was in New York I believe.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Lyesh posted:

The worst part (well, one of many) is that if we shot all the white boys who did the poo poo that Mike Brown did this country would be out of white boys in like a year.

Did you strong arm a gas station when you were a kid?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Teddybear posted:

Cops are saying that he surprised the officer, ran away, and began firing at them. Witnesses are saying he was holding a sandwich when he was shot sixteen times.

is there a link to a police source yet?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Does the idea that people who score too high would be bored as a cop have any merit? Why would you specifically want to avoid having smart police officers?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
masks on baby

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Obama looks like a loving movie villian giving this speech next to that scene.

e: beaten like a protester

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

this is insane.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Dalael posted:

Im in the opinion that this whole story is not just a one sided affair like many people are trying to portray it.

you are right.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Is there an archive being developed of questionable things from the grand jury or something? The last time I was reading there was some sort of weird diary and I imagine there has been a ton more in the thousand+ posts that I missed.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Police officers don't want body cameras because they are afraid of getting into trouble by petty superiors for casual racism.

e: That is what they tell you if you ask about it in GiP anyway.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 27, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Did the dispatcher not tell the cops that it was probably a fake?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
It seems way more likely that Brown robbed the place than some sort of weird confrontation where a store owner refuses to Brown the display box of cigarillos and then physically attacks brown to prevent him from leaving.

e: the clerk didn't call the cops because he didn't want any trouble which is pretty lol considering what happened to his store regardless.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 27, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

RodShaft posted:

After you've paid?

After the 10th time?

The 50th?

what does this even mean?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Caros posted:

That as a black person you probably get accused of stealing quite a lot, and probably get sick and tired of it leading to poorly timed outbursts.

That is what I thought you meant. Pretty shortsighted way to try and justify some obviously aggressive actions imo.

e: that racist shopkeep probably got what he deserved the other night huh?

Miltank fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 27, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Sunset posted:

If he was robbing the store, why would they even put any of the stuff they were getting back? Who robs a store, only takes some, and even ends up putting some of the stuff back down on the counter before walking (not running) out? It sure would be nice if we could have some information from the shop owner as to what exactly happened, but I guess we'll just have to do with a parade of folks who come around to chime in that obviously Mike Brown is a violent thug - just look at how his hulking frame pushes the shopkeeper twenty feet back. Those folks never seem to really care too much over the little details that are constantly brought before them, such as the incident not being called in as a robbery by the owner. Maybe it has to do with the ongoing Federal investigation - but is there any good reason as to why we're not hearing from the guy behind the counter as to what happened? I'm not picking on Miltank specifically or anything, I would just think at the very least it would have been called in if it was what certain folks seem so quick to jump on. Not that it should matter - I must have missed the memo about a petty theft deserving execution by LEO's.

The owner was probably really hoping to avoid any trouble. Before the media attention he could have called in the incident but it probably wouldn't have amounted to anything considering how petty the theft was. He might also be mistrustful of police. After the media attention he was probably hoping to fly under the rdar to avoid having his store looted just for being involved.

Obviously nothing Brown could have done in the store is a justification for the shooting and it is ESPECIALLY not a justification for the DA's failure to indict which is completely unacceptable.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 28, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

My Lil Parachute posted:

That's not my point - I'm not defending Wilson. It just seems weird to me that a baby can get horrifically injured by a flashbang and no-one cares, people get shot in no-knock raids where the cops get the address wrong and no-one cares, but get shot after robbing a store and picking a fight with a cop? Outrage.

people care because this act of police violence sparked some actual protests. that is literally the only reason.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Hawkline posted:

I feel like there's a sizeable gap in what I know about this case, but what was the owner deprived of in the robbery? How much financial loss did he experience? What did M. Brown say to him during the robbery?

It would be really lovely to watch some kid steal from you and then push and threaten you in your own store.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 28, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
And his buddy just made up a story about Brown stealing them for no reason, right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Dum Cumpster posted:

It would be really lovely to be yelled at and hit by some shop owner and then yelled at and shot to death by some cop.

lol yes up is down and mike brown was the victim of the tiny little store owner whom he stole from and shoved.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I think it's been shown that Johnson is an unreliable witness. Hell, they're trying to bring him up on perjury charges http://www.inquisitr.com/1639235/dorian-johnson-darren-wilson-allies-reportedly-fighting-for-perjury-charges-against-michael-browns-friend/

so he literally just made the whole story up for no reason then yeah that makes sense.

• Locked thread