Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Big Beef City posted:

Can we see the line yet?

Yup, it's right here:
http://imgur.com/zHER2qE

And here's a better picture:

It's a double-yellow line with blood over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Man, between Mike Brown and Travon Martin black kids should probably stop going to convenience stores. :downsrim:

Except apparently Brown wasn't even the guy shoplifted the store.

Apparently you're not truly safe as a person of color in the states unless you manage to live in a location that's completely out of walking distance of a convenience store.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Zeitgueist posted:

I think that's a bit more accurate. Much like the "guidelines to avoid rape for women" there's nothing really a black person can do that will prevent them from being killed by police, and it's looking at the problem from the wrong end(I know your post wasn't serious).

Fair enough, and glad people aren't realizing my posts aren't fully serious (I think it's a bit of a mental self defense mechanism at the horror at this point).

Seriously though, I'm not sure what horrifies me the most: the brutality and disregard for human life being displayed loving officers of the peace or the incompetence. It's 2014, we should have left this sort of violence by the police back in the 60's and 70's. It's also 2014, the police should be aware that every single person in the states is packing at least one recording device to document their fuckups.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

zen death robot posted:

poo poo is about to get real again, there's a live stream at http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Police are telling people to disperse to they will be arrested, RIP Neo Duckberg

It just switched to sports.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Von Sloneker posted:

http://www.ustream.tv/realalexjones

Holy crap, that PA address: "this is no longer a peaceful protest, you must leave."

edit: dude got gassed

Holy poo poo, this is an infowars.com guy?

I'm not used to infowars being a voice of sanity.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Nightvision stream died. His power supply, apparently damaged by a rubber bullet, finally gave out.

poo poo like that is exactly why I have a hard time calling rubber bullets "non-lethal".

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Cheekio posted:

I don't think you need tinfoil for that one, they called for media to leave and the cameras to be turned off before they launched a cloud of teargas at the protesters.

I was wondering what was the logic behind this. "Please turn off the recording so we can brutalize you harder"? As if anyone's going to turn their recordings off for that poo poo

Zeitgueist posted:

You shouldn't, they're called "less-lethal" for exactly that reason. You can die from one.

Keep that in mind the next time you see them firing to break up a protest.

:eng101:

Oh I know. I consider any projectile put in the air by police heavier or moving faster than a softball thrown at a police ball game to be fully potentially lethal. The fact that someone invented rubber bullets as "Hey, it's a way for cops to shoot at people without killing them", knowing full well that there is nothing that can come out of a gun that is not highly dangerous.

Properly labelled they'd be "Maiming rounds" or something like that.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Cops on the stream joking with each other. "Man I had search team out looking for you! Thought they got you!" *both have a hearty chuckle.*

Well, I'm glad someone made it out okay

That wasn't a cop joking with another cop. That was a cop joking with the Fox News reporter.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Via @mattdpearce

STL County Police Chief Belmar: "We've done everything we can to demonstrate a remarkable amount of restraint."

If you consider "everything short of gunning down protesters en masse (including gunning them down with rubber bullets en masse" to require a lot of restraint, I guess

Yeah, I read that and immediately had to resist the urge to punch my screen.

"A remarkable amount of restraint." seems so include not quite directly hitting reporters with teargas canisters.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Police Say No Protesters Were Harmed
Warning: Mild fleshwound

Well, no protesters were harmed until you started shooting rubber bullets at people you fuckheads!

The militarization of police is insane. I can only pray this will create backlash against the constant over-militarization of police because this whole scenario is absurd.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 14, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Rollofthedice posted:

Now the NYPD is opening up the kettle, guess they only arrested a few people. Guy on livestream said his recording might be the only one available in the future. Don't know if he's bullshitting or not.

Guy holding camera is pretty worked up about "they're gonna arrest all of us!" White guy next to him is all "Dude, shut up."

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What do people who are prison-bound look like?

Thuggish?

Black, Male, and in that stage of mid-late adolescence when you do stupid poo poo that a white boy would get off with, at most, a few hours of community service.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Oh, poo poo, 82 posts happened in the last hour or so since I checked the thread! Something must have gone down (again)!

Oh, wait, it's another racist idiot who can't believe that cops are less than perfect and can be violent, aggressive shitheads who have no respect for human life if the human in question has the wrong amount of melanin in their skin.

Oh, wait there was one good post: keep up with the awesome photgraphy Duckberg! I love your work.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Javes posted:

Regarding the autopsy, aren't police trained that when they fire their weapon to keep shooting until they feel the threat has ceased? Brown being shot 6 times doesn't surprise me.

Considering that every single piece of high velocity lead that doesn't safely embed itself in a target or "soft" terrain like wood or dirt (as opposed to metal or stone which might cause the bullet to ricochet wildly) is a hazardous and potentially lethal projectile, I'd think that cops are trained to shoot as little as possible to reduce the threat to bystanders.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

im gay posted:

Wow this lady yelling at the police loving owns

That was amazing.

"There was a twelve-o-clock curfew! It is ten-thirty!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

L-Boned posted:

Some weird physics at work if all his wounds are at the front. Or eye witnesses blatantly lied.

Brown turned around after the first shot, basically a "Holy poo poo, he's serious!" reaction. He then raised his hands in the air yet the cop kept firing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Xandu posted:

Probably not.

I read that line and winced. I mean, I know the guy's covering his bases, and as a NY coroner he's seen some crazy poo poo, but that's just gonna feed the racist shitheads another line.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

ephori posted:

Guy wearing armor and riding a unicycle?!

Motorized seqway-ish unicycle. With a drone in hand. Just as absurd as you can imagine (or I can imagine since I can't actually see it on the stream)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

hcreight posted:

This is like a found footage movie. Except there's not a big monster or a supernatural serial killer because this is actually happening.

You say it as if the police (STL Country, right? It's such a confusing clusterfuck down there) aren't doing their best to be monsters.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

axeil posted:

Well it will give the police an excuse to escalate to fighter jets and a nuclear weapon.

You say that as if these shithead cops woudln't be the first ones running, leaving roadblocks behind to slow the civilians down to distract adn confuse the monster.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

D_I posted:

" A nationally accredited Correctional institution"

A phrase that nearly made me puke when I saw it.

Holy poo poo that entire scene was disgusting. This entire madness is disgusting.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So, did Good Cop basically just loose all the cred he'd gained a few days ago making that speech? I get the feeling the locals are going to go from considering him "One of us" to "Another Pig" after that press conference.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The street sign thing is so absurd I can't stop laughing every time the jackass on the megaphone mentions it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So, how long until the police finally figure out that telling the press an variation of "You are not allowed here to exercise your first amendment rights" causes them to smell blood in the water?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Was it a bullet? Or some kind of shrapnel from whatever is flying around?

Probably shrapnel from something. He's still standing and he sounded more surprised than in pain when he was hit.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Xibanya posted:

Tim says it's tear gas and not smoke.

I think it's been proven by now that the local cops can't tell tear gas from smoke (also their face from their own rear end) and that all "smoke" in Ferguson should be considered tear gas.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

Which stream did the bullets happen on?

Vice

Reporters all hit the ground then a bunch of cops ran up to them shouting "Clear! Clear! Get out!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

You know what, I'll cut Tim some slack right now.

Ditto.

I think this is also perhaps the ONLY time that the cops concerns about civilian casualties haven't been full of poo poo.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Rollofthedice posted:

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but the timeline between shots and loving GAS AND SHOOT EVERYBODY seems really vague right now. I believe I remember Tim Pool saying he heard shots first before everything went to poo poo.

Better than taking them too seriously

Tim was surrounded by tear gas on his stream before live rounds were shot at the police and had to run through tear gas after the press cluster he was with hit the ground. Earlier before that he was hit in the leg by what was likely a ricocheting rubber slug.

Not saying that there aren't a few utter nutcases in the crowds, and I doubt any of the nutcases are actual locals, but the cops definitely started the party tonight.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

TheRamblingSoul posted:

I wonder what an African-American judicial system would look like...

In the mind of the Lt. Gov, probably a bunch of primates hootering and hollering as they bare fangs at one another.

So...our current federal congress?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Glorious. It's really loving hard to look like you're the victims when you're arresting legal observers guys. :allears:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

First Ferguson City Council meeting since the shooting is streaming on KSDK.

http://www.ksdk.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/12/3144211/

These people are tearing into the council.

"If we are two thirds of Ferguson, then maybe y'all gotta go."

I love this.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

They jumped on the former mayor for talking down to them a couple minutes ago.

Durrie Bouscaren ‏@durrieB 4m
Former mayor getting hecklers. Says he grew up in poverty, living on food stamps. Says he's supported candidates of color...

deray mckesson ‏@deray 4m
“You can’t learn if you don’t listen.” - former mayor as people talk over him #Ferguson

deray mckesson ‏@deray 5m
Former Mayor also said, “In 120 years, no white or black teen had ever been shot by police before.” The crowd disagreed. #Ferguson

Yeah, that guy was wonderful. He was basically going on and on about "how there's usually less than ten people at these meetings" really not getting the point. He just wanted to wipe everything under the rug. And then somebody picked up another mic and said "Your time is up!"

Vahakyla posted:

:iceburn:

drat. Get at it people.

"I'll just file suit after suit after suit until y'all are buried under attourney fees because that's what you really care about!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Council has advised that further dropping of the mic will result in open comment time being ended.

This is not a joke post.

I thought that was the guy representing the church currently being used? Basically he was asking them to respect the equipment because the property and the equipment belongs to the church, not the council, so please don't break it.

I'll admit I'm only half listening because I have a hard time listening in environments like this with the voices echoing off of the walls from the speakers.

Edit: A whole bunch of uncomfortable and constipated looking white folk at that table though.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

I may have misheard that.

The last girl was pretty awesome. "I'm just gonna sue all of you. I don't know who were the ones, because they were hiding their name badges, but I'll just find out who was on duty and sue all of them."

armoredgorilla posted:

mervyn marcano ‏@britrican 7m
Cops giggling in the back as this woman talks of being shot at during protests by cops without name tags. #FergusonCCM

Yeah, I quoted her too. And after the poo poo show the cops put on, I bet she'll get donations and legal support out the rear end to do exactly that.

Edit: Ooooh, the mayor's getting pissed that he's being put on the spot.

There's something about the way he delicately picks up and puts down, and strokes that mic that amuses me.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 10, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Miss Packnett ‏@MsPackyetti 4m
Mayor: "STLcounty is in charge." Family rep: "have you made a recommendation?" "We've removed ourselves from the investigation.

Alexeyeva Smith ‏@AVASradiance 2m
"I would like to move on to the next customer--the next citizen..." --Ferguson Mayor. #Ferguson #FergusonCCM

Kemi Alabi ‏@blackumbrellala 3m
The mayor accidentally called his citizens "customers" and corrected himself like it wasn't the most honest thing he'd said #FergusonCCM

handsupunited ‏@handsupunited_ 4m
Q. Ppl of #Ferguson asked if Officer #DarrenWilson is still getting paid for his leave. A. Council responds, "Be respectful" #HandsUp

That last one had a crowd looking like they were gonna try to lynch the council on the spot for a moment.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

"This is white supremacy right here. This is white supremacy at this table."

Edit: Oh poo poo, white guy being loving awesome! This rant is one long :iceburn:

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 10, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

The city council has spent the entire hour sitting blank and expressionlessconstipated. They are terrified to commit to anything or look like they are acknowledging any questions or comments.

Mild edit for comedy, but pretty much sums it up. They really want this whole thing to blow over so that Officer McChildmurderer can go back to work and just don't get it that the the status-quo is going to have to change.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

7thBatallion posted:

Been away from the thread for a while. Did I miss anything?

You missed last night's city council meeting with a town council of uncomfortable white people in the same room as a bunch of people just tearing into them. The mayor himself was an especially wonderful shithead publicly stating he has taken no position on the position of cop-sanctioned murder and trying to distance himself from it.

Seriously, read the last couple of pages for us laughing at the constant :iceburn: the residents of Ferguson put on the council.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

SedanChair posted:

It's always fun to rediscover what a pseudoscience forensics is.

Everything is pseudoscience if you go into the research with the conclusion already decided on. Such as in this case where the official coroner, the politicians, the reporters and WASP community already decided "The kid already committed the felony of being born black and being within a half mile of a white police officer" the moment they heard another white cop shot another black kid.

Edit: I'm not saying forensics is a "hard science" or even reliable, but no real forensics was even done in this case by St. Louis and we all know it. It's just been a whitewash for Wilson since day 1 with the minimum work done to allow them to bill the tax-payers for their time.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 23, 2014

• Locked thread