Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ernie Muppari posted:

Uh, don't you mean a General Dynamics Land Systems M1A2 Main Battle Tank with a Tank Urban Survival Kit and soldiers wearing Manpads?

:goonsay:

It's important not to use hyperbole here, because the only reason to send an actual tank in is to look good for the cameras or because you're explicitly planning to kill people.

And a MANPADS is a weapon not a piece of clothing

Who What Now posted:

This really cannot be said enough. Any public employee that carries a weapon of any kind (gun, taser, even just pepper spray) should have a camera at all times while they have the weapon on them. It's such a no-brainer thing.

There have even been studies that find putting cameras on cops is good for the police because they don't have to deal with people falsely claiming to have been subject to police brutality. The only reason not to put cameras on cops is because you want to keep doing genuine police brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A Winner is Jew posted:

I can't believe I'm about to say good things about anon, but their insistence about getting laws passed to reduce police shooting minorities in response to this is shocking considering the majority of them are white males coming from middle class families, especially since I would imagine a decent percent of them throw ironic racism around constantly on chans and game comms.

Kind of an :unsmith: thing to think about.

Imagine the GBS-D&D split being reflected across all of Something Awful, and that's what 4chan is at the moment.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Von Sloneker posted:

TheAnonMessage ‏@TheAnonMessage 8m

BREAKING: Shots fired; Oakcrest Ave. Jennings, MO. Black male laying in the street. (#Ferguson Police Scanner)

Oh, gently caress. Any confirmation on this? Different branches of Anon vary greatly in their reliability, but this one seemed to have journalistic integrity. I really hope this isn't true.

• Locked thread