Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I heard earlier that Anonymous had apparently ID'd the cop in question. Was that fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

Theres already reports that he was shoplifting, thats why he was murdered in the middle of a street.

Why wouldn't that be part of the "cop version of the story" - this is the first I've heard of it. Their account is all "he went for the officers gun!" which seems... rather unlikely. Actually it sounds like the kind of thing you'd MAKE UP knowing that it needs to be something pretty serious like that to even have a CHANCE of warranting this kid being dead...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

I can't believe I'm about to say good things about anon, but their insistence about getting laws passed to reduce police shooting minorities in response to this is shocking considering the majority of them are white males coming from middle class families, especially since I would imagine a decent percent of them throw ironic racism around constantly on chans and game comms.

Kind of an :unsmith: thing to think about.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I guess their hatred of the police and abuse of authority trumps everything else.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
When you consider how small Ferguson is it's even scarier that they have so much military equipment on hand... (or did some of it come from neighboring counties?)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

fknlo posted:

The answer is always more guns. If Michael Brown had been armed to the teeth he might still be alive :911:

I don't want to have to read Fox News bs to find out, are people actually saying that?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Probably not the picture media will be using because they are under some obligation to not run false photos...

edit: I might have missed it but has anyone interviewed the storekeeper from the surveillance footage?

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 18, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gently caress over 1000 posts since I went to bed last night I was afraid something (more) horrible happened. I skimmed it all. Sounds like the only major event is that the national guard is being brought in, and some news about the autopsy came out which suggests Mike Brown may have been shot with his hands up (but was shot at least 6 times regardless). Did I miss anything? I just saw that schools in Ferguson will be closed today.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rocks posted:

Is there talk of protests starting up in any other parts of the USA? It would be interesting if this started to spread, just saying

There have been a few

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im starting to see stories wondering why the NRA hasnt spoken out in support of Ferguson protestors since this type of police reaction is basically part of their classic dystopian fantasy in which properly armed civilians overthrow their oppressors :allears:

Oh wait, theyre black

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
You only need one hand to steal a handful of swishers. Executing criminals is the only way to be sure they wont do it again. Seems perfectly rational to me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Apparently there is a new video that strongly corroborates existing witness testimony that the officer was firing at Brown while he had his hands up and at least one shot was fired while his back was turned??

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah yeah that CNN article has the video I was referring to. I wasn't able to watch it before posting, the story made it sound like it showed a lot more. Still, could help convince a jury.

also there is no such thing as anti-white racism

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Given the weird angle of the footage I'm guessing whoever filmed it was trying to do so discreetly and just captured what they could.

I mean if I see somebody shoot another person in cold blood I'd rather not want them to notice me filming them...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Those stupid tactics only work if youre white and there are lots of witnesses around. Even then the cops will probably throw your rear end in cuffs and then into the nearest squad car or ground for trying to play curbside lawyer. Ive seen this happen at a music festival before.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Could this turn out to be a good thing if they do have to replace the jury? (Somebody upthread mentioned that could be the result, I dont know enough to say)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
CNN has showed gently caress the police graffiti since ive been watching .
Theyve also been saying announcement "soon" for hours.
Cnn is such a drat joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Forgall posted:

Do cops ever go to prison for killing black people in the US? I mean, is there an actual precedent?

There's barely a precedent of cops going to prison for any reason so I doubt it

• Locked thread