Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Police brandishing automatic weapons at unarmed citizens:

Men, literally better equipped than Peshmerga dudes currently fighting ISIS, running around an American suburban neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I think those above photos are the Sheriff department, IIRC.

Edit: Also, Furgeson police cars, in 2014, still do not have on-board cameras. No dash-cams. In 2014.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 13, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kitfox88 posted:

Why the gently caress is the Ask Cops thread in GiP? :psyduck:

It would get demolished in any other forum. Its a "safe zone" or whatever the mods call it.

Also:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I would love for someone to fly a drone around the scene.

Then again that sounds like a great way to get shot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SedanChair posted:

"Hey boy what are you doing here" "I'm reporting"

"For who"

"I-I'm reporting for the goons"

Heres my Press Pass!!!! Its a printout of my PayPal receipt for my account bu t....ah...stop hitting meeee..gahhhhhhhhhhh.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bel Shazar posted:

For the record, are these unnamed assailants the cops or the residents?

The fact that you have to ask the question merely states the true situation of what is going on in Furgeson.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

D_I posted:

I don't see how that can be percieved as "thugish" unless you already came to that conclusion beforehand.

The old white conservative sees a black male, wearing a "gang color" tank top, throwing a "gang sign".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Neo Duckberg posted:

Rock paper scissors.

"2 days until I start college."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The hottest of takes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cease to Hope posted:

The local Fox affiliate is livestreaming. Just a video feed, no commentary.

Got my daily "cars honking" regimen taken care of.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

It's also really heartening that there seems to be a surprisingly broad consensus for rolling back police militarization as a result of this: I think there's a good chance that the 1033 program get significantly pulled back as a result of this. The amazing difference in responses that militarized tactics vs. good tactics got is basically impossible to deny.

Changing the culture of the police in the US is the real hard part though. All the equipment doesn't matter unless you have a culture that promotes aggressiveness, lack of critical thinking skills, no community interaction, and a "shootfirst, ask questions later" mentality that appears to be standard operating procedure now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
How did all those police in regular uniform without combat apparell and high powered assault rifles not die tonight? :confused:

The local police forces need to be permanently dissolved.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 15, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hahah this guy is totally unqualified for this poo poo. Sweat more.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hahaha what a disaster that was. Utter incompetence.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cop is "devestated" and "never meant for this to happen"

Yeah other than the whole "unloading a magazine a close range into a black teenager" part.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taeke posted:

Is the FPD as hosed as it seems? I mean, this has gotta be the end of at least a couple of careers, no?

The department need to be permanently dissolved. They are clearly completely out of control and incompetent from top to bottom.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I was at a wedding all day and just kinda catching up on this now.

Is it still safe to come to the conclusion of "gently caress The Police"?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Neo Duckberg posted:

Maybe................................................................................................................................................................

Thats alot of "..." so uh....................................

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SectumSempra posted:

Maybe not every single officer,

IMO the saying "gently caress The Police" is less a statement about every single individual than it is the collective culture of law enforcement.

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Nice regdate btw.

:911: :10bux:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Broken Loose posted:

Wait, you can't anymore?

Never Forget.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

That isn't the narrative, thats the facts about what happened.

This. And its unfortunate that the situation, or at lease the "news narration" has spiraled away from these facts and onto the effects of it.

The looting/violence needs to be reported but I hope (heh) that the aim of the media will remain that a young black teenager was essentially murdered in broad daylight.

nebby posted:

Facts based upon what evidence? Honest question, the only evidence I've seen cited thusfar are witness testimony (I do not know who the witnesses are.)

Would love to see the figure of the number of people serving murder convictions based on pure eye witness testimony (aka, highly unreliable)

Gonna go with "tons".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So he now doubled back towards the cop, with his hand up, saying "dont shoot" while charging him.... or whatever?

Or he didn't put his hands up and surrendered? Or.....?

Round-N-Round we go.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Is this even remotely legit? The story sounds like BS if it is really him. No one would turn and taunt a police officer that was shooting at them... :stare:

http://www.inclusivestreetstyle.com/post/95031745612/queerspawned-mike-browns-killer-darren-wilson

The police chief stated multiple times that the officer didn't know about the robbery when the shooting occurred so i am calling bullshit

Its fake and the idea that someone made that is insane.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cops status: Still loving losers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone who thinks its bad now is going to be in for a surprise whenever officials get around to stating that the officer won't be charged.

IMO poo poo in Furgeson/St Louis will go full on nuts at that time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bassguitarhero posted:

Darren Wilson is not going to get off scot free.

I/We have low expectations due to previous examples. I surely hope he is charged but if news breaks that the DA declines to press charges I won't be surprised.

And if/when, poo poo is gonna hit the fan in MO.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

For that reason they will press some form of charges in the name of "getting to the bottom of this" or whatever, but do not hold your breath for anything satisfactory.

"Improper use of issued firearm."

"Officer will be fined 1 weeks pay."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know which direction his body was facing after he was killed? As in, away from or towards the officer/police car.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Badera posted:

Just...gently caress this country.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

quote:

"Given these deliberate, coordinated and intensifying violent attacks on lives and property in Ferguson, I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard ... in restoring peace and order to this community,"

The interesting thing about this quote from Nixon is that at first I thought they were referring to the police.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

People do not default to support of the police just because of racism.

Would those people be out there if the officer that shot him was black?

I'm gonna go with "No."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you want your brain to hurt go read some comments on the St. Louis County Polices Facebook page.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I voted both times for Obama and I can confidently say hes loving awful now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
One think that I am confident about regarding this whole thing is that, truly, Chaos Reigns.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cannondella posted:

Are we going to keep pretending Ferguson has no problems with violence among its own inhabitants and that they aren't atleast partially responsible for shootings and violent confrontations like this?

I don't think people are denying this. However I doubt the residents are the ones firing tear gas at journalists.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cannondella posted:

did the cops do this? Who is actually destroying their own town here? please tell me

Probably the criminal element in the area (or people that came into the city, which has been proven) did that. Which makes it odd that the police are just gassing, you know, everyone.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Blockades up from National Guard

Hmmm there appears to be no way to get arou...oh I'll just drive over this grass and teeny curb lmao.

Military Intelligence.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

There will more likely than not be a couple of poor E2's standing there come nightfall.

Good point.

Thats a pretty lovely post (the barricade).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TARDISman posted:

Has anything particularly ridiculous happened today? I've been unable to keep up.

Dan Lemon got shoved around by a loud cop on live TV in CNN for a moment so theres that.

Should be on youtube.

• Locked thread