Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The cop who shot the kid is also being paid at this very moment. Police Unions are utter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

evilweasel posted:

If you're going to post a NWS image please post a description of what it is (I can guess, but I'd like to avoid having people need to guess).

The NWS picture isn't even all that graphic.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
It just doesn't sit well with me that the guy who killed a kid is better protected than the kid he loving killed. Not counting the fact that the kid will probably be character assassinated in the media.

In my head it comes off as, "Oh gently caress one of our boys killed a kid? We better protect him from all the flak that will be coming his way pronto!"

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 12, 2014

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zeitgueist posted:

"Probably"?

possibly?

The fact that due process for the officer involves him being paid while the kid's due process was absolutely nothing is also hosed up.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Isn't the officer who shot the handcuffed man in the back on a subway platform already out of jail for that murder? Yeah I don't think the burden of proof needs to be all that extensive to justify a shooting.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

These dudes have better equipment than my battalion did in 2009 while gearing up for a deployment, and it seems like they have less stringent of a SOP regarding engagement with civilians than we did too.

Have you not seen the shooting of the hobo in the middle of the desert? Their only SOP is suspect has something in his hands.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Miltank posted:

what was the exact quote? "Start the burner" or something?

I believe it was burn him out.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gobbeldygook posted:

My favorite video so far is this vine showing a cop pointing his rifle at the cameraman. The cameraman is a St. Louis Alderman.

The woman screaming in the background is pretty messed up.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

exmorte posted:

Apparently Missouri senate is trying to push through legislation to make it harder to release the names of officers in police related shootings (unless the officer is actually fired for it or something). Looks like the only way his name is getting out is if a hack is successful

Wow, are you kidding me? Note to self never visit the south.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Did they really leave his body out in the open for hours? Because I've been an eye witness to a motorcycle crash causing death and they remove the body pretty drat quickly since all the officer needs is to photograph the body at several angles.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 13, 2014

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

natetimm posted:

Haha man follow my red title for my massive "racist rant" as decided by GBS 1.0.

Did I step into GBS thread here or something?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I like how the officer uses the word "aggressors" on the KDSK stream. (not really) Where the gently caress does he think he is? Iraq? Fallujah?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
aggressors aggressors aggressors. Definitely not people. They are "aggressors".

"Molotov cocktails flying towards the command centre." God they really really love the molotov cocktails side of the story.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Wow, threatening to shoot reporters. loving A Missouri police you jack booted thugs.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

bassguitarhero posted:

As someone who flew in to ferguson to show solidarity with the protest and is currently sitting in a hotel room 3 miles away, very few of the people I have talked to out there for mike brown are interested in conflict with the police

You flew in? Do you not have a job or are you on vacation?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Petr posted:

Tweet from @TheePharoah makes it sound like it's going to come out that Michael Brown was not shot in the back.

Yeah, he was shot with his hands up instead.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Sounds pretty clear that most of them are yelling "In Jail" but you know, scary blacks.

I'm pretty sure dead and in jail were both being yelled by different people

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Chinatown posted:

Dan Lemon got shoved around by a loud cop on live TV in CNN for a moment so theres that.

Should be on youtube.

Can't seem to find anything on Youtube.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I really really love how my earlier post about the "possible" smear campaign of Michael Brown was optimistic at best. It's already a full-blown characterization of Michael as some seasoned criminal "bumrushing" a cop that is already shooting at him after having run away. Totally makes sense... :psyduck:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So basically if you don't act all uppity we're all good?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Arkane posted:

That's what Don Lemon said.

Really doesn't matter where police tell them they "can" go: if they're in a public area like a sidewalk (where Don Lemon was, where that Al Jazeera crew was), they can stand there filming. Arresting, detaining, or interfering with them for doing nothing but filming violates their 1st amendment rights. If they're on private property, they can theoretically be trespassed. Reporters can, should, and WILL file a complaint and then sue if they've been arrested. And they'll win easily. Tons of precedent.

Suing that department into oblivion would be great if they in turn directly dock all the paycheques of all the officers involved.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Apparently mike brown did NOT steal a cigar.

What? So what is the surveillance footage all about then?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Fat dumpy woman goes there to purposefully start poo poo. Surprise surprise.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Neo Duckberg posted:

Where is that nice lady I'm going to go say hi

Look for the hobbit like fat white dumpy woman in a yellow shirt or just look for the crowd of pissed off as gently caress people.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I assume cops get everything for free in the States. I mean come on those dudes get the best defense money can buy just for being a cop.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Have the protests really dwindled?

I doubt they get weekends off.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Von Sloneker posted:

Talib Kweli is yelling at Don Lemon on CNN.

Whoa whoa whoa, give.

SectumSempra posted:

Holy poo poo. Ok So I know this may have been posted I missed like 14 pages but really?

http://www.gofundme.com/SupportOfficerWilson

Is this real?

They couldn't possibly have 136,000.
They couldn't possibly.

You're surprised? Do you not remember George Zimmerman's fund and painting sale?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zeitgueist posted:

Man good think they had SA folks there what would the black people do if they didn't have liberals to show them how to respond to oppression.

Is "liberal" supposed to be some kind of dirty insult for you?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Vahakyla posted:

Cops aren't allowed to treat him as dead unless he has massive body trauma with missing limbs or secondary indications of death.
Handcuffing him is required.

Reminds me of the assholes that shot up a bum in the desert and sic a dog on him and smash his hand then handcuff him while he lay bleeding to death. Even after he said he could not move and then he dies.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Evil_Greven posted:

Can we please talk more about the Michael Brown Shooting instead of random suicide by cop guy?
It's an important issue, but I feel it is getting conflated with the other shooting.

Speaking of which, I think we need to go over that NYT story with a finer toothed comb:

So, according to the Ferguson Police, Wilson said that Brown lowered his arms.
This means that they were raised, at some point.

It is so ridiculous that the simple act of lowering arms can be construed as a justification of the use of deadly force on an unarmed man. Seriously that poo poo ain't right. The pre-requisites for the use of deadly force should be so much more stringent than the belief of bodily harm. Whatever happened to right to life?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The moment Brown started to run away the threat was gone. There is no way around it but American laws are hosed up when it comes to poo poo like this, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

joeburz posted:

The depressing thing is those types of racist cultures are certainly not exclusive to Ferguson or just smaller townships, nor is it something that is coming out of the blue. It's been that way for decades all over the country and plenty of people acting appalled at the release of information is done to deny that Ferguson isn't the only PD with problems.

Pretty sure people who denied that institutional racism exists are being disingenuous.

• Locked thread