Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
So here's where I'm stuck at right now. I'm at a part where there's a baby or a child trapped in a bloody fridge hanging from where the chandelier is supposed to be. The kid's screaming in there and when I zoom in on it the fridge seems to slowly stop swinging but then it goes into full swing again. Slowly this creepy music crawls in and I hear a guy crying where the phone is at and it's off the hook. I looked out the window and the chick with bile on her mouth is convulsing like someone with parkinsons. I don't really know what to do after this part though. Anyone else?

Double edit: okay no what do I actually do

YesManKablam fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Skeezy posted:

I filled the picture up. Now to figure out what to do.

After I did that I went through the cycle a few more times and eventually the phone started ringing while I was staring at the mirror. In a Party with like 6 other goons trying to figure this poo poo out, they're still waiting for the phone, but it's anyone's guess on how to trigger it. All the pieces of the photo, then look at stuff, I dunno.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

dropkickpikachu posted:

I'm currently stuck repeating this hallway with different colored flashlights. If i wait a minute then the clock ticks over to midnight but I can't tell if anything is changing. I can always keep going down the stairs and through the door and the flashlight color just keeps randomizing. No idea what to do here.

This. Can't figure it out...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OK, I have a question about the ending. After not being able to get the phone to ring, and finding that everyone else is confused and can't get it to ring either (except when it does and no one knows how they did it), I decided to watch the ending through the stream posted earlier. I'm guessing the huge twist was that Kojima/Del Toro/Norman Reedus are working on/in the game and its Silent Hill? I guess that would have been a huge reveal earlier in the day, but its kinda worn away since its know common-ish knowledge. Unless I missed what the real twists is somehow.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

So he made a demo that fits the definition of insanity? You repeat the same actions over and over hoping for different results, which occasionally actually happen?

Suitcase Arsenal
Jun 30, 2007
an arsenal in a compact suitcase

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

OK, I have a question about the ending. After not being able to get the phone to ring, and finding that everyone else is confused and can't get it to ring either (except when it does and no one knows how they did it), I decided to watch the ending through the stream posted earlier. I'm guessing the huge twist was that Kojima/Del Toro/Norman Reedus are working on/in the game and its Silent Hill? I guess that would have been a huge reveal earlier in the day, but its kinda worn away since its know common-ish knowledge. Unless I missed what the real twists is somehow.

That's right. The demo was originally announced at Gamescom with the name P.T. under a fake developer, with no other information other than the teaser being available on PSN.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Brightman posted:

After I did that I went through the cycle a few more times and eventually the phone started ringing while I was staring at the mirror. In a Party with like 6 other goons trying to figure this poo poo out, they're still waiting for the phone, but it's anyone's guess on how to trigger it. All the pieces of the photo, then look at stuff, I dunno.
No luck here. No one seems to know what triggers the phone's ringing for sure. Maybe the game is haunted!!

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Surlaw posted:

No luck here. No one seems to know what triggers the phone's ringing for sure. Maybe the game is haunted!!

You need to hear a baby giggle then you stare at the phone. It took a while on a stream I watched.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm at the part with the eyeball paintings and speed walking. No idea what to do. I assume it has to do with the bathroom.

Still looking for a solution to this.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

FoolishLobster posted:

You need to hear a baby giggle then you stare at the phone. It took a while on a stream I watched.

I heard the baby when I looked at the clock, then stared at the phone for a while. No good so far!

PantsBandit posted:

Still looking for a solution to this.

One of the halls has a painting that's been knocked off the wall onto the floor. There's a hole where it was hanging, stare through it and into a bathroom.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

You have to hear a baby laugh and then check the phone. I don't know it's dumb.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hideo! !

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I gave up at the Ghost Lady Bathroom/Hallways. I know it was moments away from the baby laugh thing but gently caress, I start work at 4:30.

It was great hitting my head against a wall for a couple hours though.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
I've heard a baby giggle twice, seen a dang ghost in the bathroom at least two times, and nothin new. No phone. Have gone through the door down the stairs a few more times just in case. Totally stymied here.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Edit: ^^ Well poo poo, i dunno.

FoolishLobster posted:

I was staring at the mirror instead of the phone when the phone rang however I believe the baby laughing is key though, it's supposed to laugh twice. Honestly I think you just need to reset the hallway at the end and then wait without triggering anything else. It's probably just random as gently caress.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Got stuck dealing with the phone ringing. No bathroom ghosts and no baby laughing. Lot of people are sure it involves the chiming and different colors of light. I dunno.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This demo is poo poo.

I finished it way earlier but it's just too obtuse and at the end it's all luck based. Should of just called it Baby Crying Simulator 2014

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It's not a demo, it's a cool reveal.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Waiting for the second giggle at 5:29 in the morning. I should have just waited with it until after I'd slept like I had planned. gently caress.

e: I gave up. Everything up until that I could imagine playing a game of because screw stuff like Outlast. This did horror and scares very right.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 13, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah honestly I don't think you can really look at this like a demo. It's purposefully obtuse so that people talk about it and so that it wasn't just one dude on youtube saying "Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro are making a game!" 10 minutes after the demo goes up.

That said I don't feel any urge to deal with the randomness and finish it, but I appreciate it in theory.

Edit: poo poo, just realized I should've spoilered that part up there. Hope it didn't ruin it for anyone!

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 13, 2014

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Skeezy posted:

Got stuck dealing with the phone ringing. No bathroom ghosts and no baby laughing. Lot of people are sure it involves the chiming and different colors of light. I dunno.

There was a point where I was trying to get the bell chimes lined up with cycle resets and that number the radio said over and over, I think 20863...204863? Whatever, no idea what that was about now.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Look behind you.

I said, Look behind you.

Holy poo poo that bit scared the hell out of me. I knew something bad was coming but just had to turn around anyway.

I'll play some more in the morning when it's daylight and I won't be so scared.

Excited for this game, the graphics look stunning and the atmosphere is so tense.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Are you all at Gamescom? Is the demo available elsewhere, it doesn't appear on the PS4 on any region of my accounts.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Neo Rasa posted:

Are you all at Gamescom? Is the demo available elsewhere, it doesn't appear on the PS4 on any region of my accounts.

Try watching someone play it on twitch and see if it lets you choose the game. should take you to the psn store.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/games/pt/cid=UP4511-CUSA01127_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

(For a US account, 1.3GB download)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

^^^^^^^^^^
Or that.

Neo Rasa posted:

I grabbed it from the webstore (US region). Do a search for PT (no periods) and it should show up under games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah honestly I don't think you can really look at this like a demo. It's purposefully obtuse so that people talk about it and so that it wasn't just one dude on youtube saying "Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro are making a game!" 10 minutes after the demo goes up.

That said I don't feel any urge to deal with the randomness and finish it, but I appreciate it in theory.

Edit: poo poo, just realized I should've spoilered that part up there. Hope it didn't ruin it for anyone!

I'm only calling it a demo cause not sure what else to really call it.

And I don't know, it IS a cool way to reveal something but when it's as boring as it is in the last half it's just frustrating and ugh. Just really soured it all for me.

One thing I noticed that wasn't pointed out though about the true nature of the game The title is silent hills, plural. Wonder if that means anything.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I can't find the middle piece of the picture, with the woman's eyes. Where's that one?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

a foolish pianist posted:

I can't find the middle piece of the picture, with the woman's eyes. Where's that one?

Why not pause and take a minute to think it over

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

Go into the options menu and press R3

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Awesome thanks.

I'm seriously not understanding how the PS4/PS3 stores came to be at this point.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Neo Rasa posted:

Awesome thanks.

I'm seriously not understanding how the PS4/PS3 stores came to be at this point.

They were websites

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

This game is a jerk. Also, apparently there are more bits? I guess I'm still missing forehead and left eye. This is getting tedious rather than scary.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This game is a jerk. Also, apparently there are more bits? I guess I'm still missing forehead and left eye. This is getting tedious rather than scary.
You don't actually seem to need to complete the picture. And it gets more tedious after this.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Unless someone blows this wide open I think the first half before the "reset" is meant to be the demo, and the second half is just meant to drive completionist people nuts with red herrings. The way these things shake out I wonder if the reveal was expected to take much longer to get out.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I feel like I made a poor choice in playing this game in a quiet house, right before bed, with the lights dimmed and headphones on. :stare:

Played for about half an hour before calling it quits after one too many jump scares.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

One thing I noticed that wasn't pointed out though about the true nature of the game The title is silent hills, plural. Wonder if that means anything.

silent hill5
Silent hills

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

so I got to one part where I got attacked by a thing. Does this happen frequently because I dont know if I can take that again, haha.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Rei_ posted:

so I got to one part where I got attacked by a thing. Does this happen frequently because I dont know if I can take that again, haha.

The linked stream said it happened to her twice but things are maybe a little random?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Seriously, what's the deal with the ending? Just walk through, listening for giggles a billion times?

• Locked thread