Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Hot 2 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

And now I feel a little naked, even though I still have these clothes on. I don't share my secrets lightly, you know, it kills the fun of walking in someone else's shoes. Hope won't regret it here.

I walk towards Chris, putting on my actual glasses. Good thing I kept these around. I'll need to pass off Aimi's pair to the club officers, I guess.

"I dunno... it's just something I could always do." I shrug, feeling the sag of Aimi's clothes (it's two sizes larger than I am). "Only thing I can do, really. But it's fun." I narrow my eyes at him. "So that's me. What about you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal
XP: 3/5, Harm 0/4
Hot 1, Dark 1, Cold -1, Volatile 0

God, do I hate guys like this. I really do. He's not going to believe anything I tell him in the first place, but what the hell. I'm on a hot streak, might as well try to tell him the truth. Or...half of it.

"Vince, it isn't like that. While you were here, Roxy wanted my advice on a lead that could be related to Holly's disappearance, which led to Jen having to issue a retraction from the zine. We were not off loving or anything else, despite what you so desperately want to believe. She and I are Just. Friends. Now if you're done being an idiot about this whole thing, can you take your hands off her and let us in here?"

Manipulating an NPC!
(2:13:27 PM) TempusRimeblood: !r 2d6+1
(2:13:28 PM) Krysmbot: TempusRimeblood, 8+1 = 9

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Crispian "Chris" Caius Avilius Constantine
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: None

Wow. A completely untrained magic user? Maybe this leyline convergence point is causing magical radiation or something? I'll have to ask someone about that. "Uh, it probably isn't as easy to sum up, but I can do magic? Sort of, general magic? I could probably give a small demonstration actually, I was asking Reagan if she knew anyone who could help out with scrying, you probably can't do much but provide energy if you're willing to if you can only do that, but you're welcome to watch." I'm not really a fan of audiences, but that's probably the easiest way to demonstrate something to her. I'd rather not really go into more details about my specific background until I get to know her better.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Okay..." I'm still taking in how there's another student with some actually magic powers in this school. And probably totally different from Reagan too, by all indications. I'm gonna have to see his magic to believe it.

"Uh... what are you guys up to, anyway?" I ask, this time facing the two of them. "And if I help out, are you help me get back on Aaron for stealing my boyf-" Yikes. I catch myself and clear my throat. That totally didn't happen. "Er, are you gonna help me?"

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Reagan Hennessy (The Mummy)
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: None

"We have reason to think Mr. Keen be able to sense magic himself. And that he has reported it. But we're trying to make sure." For the moment, I leave Chris to set up his spell. "If scrying doesn't work, I was hoping you be our...Plan B. Mr. Keen can't see through your illusion, can he?" I know she's walked around in disguise before. If anyone thought that was dangerous, they would have taken action long ago. "If Mr. Keen is still around, I'd like you to monitor him for a little while. We need to know what he's up to."

I give Kei a reassuring smile. "A promise is a promise. Whether you are successful or not, we'll give you our help in return." I turn to Chris, a touch of pleading in my eyes. "Won't we?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I raise an eyebrow, grinning slightly, at Kei's words, Aaron stole her boyfriend eh? I actually have just the thing to get back at him with, but... I'd rather not be using it for something like that. (ie. something that doesn't help me out) But I'm always open to persuasion I guess. I glance at Reagan's expression and let out a little sigh, then nod. "Yeah, I could help out with getting back at Aar-someone."

"Uh, anyway, if you two want to see the scrying, we'll have to go somewhere a little less open." If only I hadn't just locked the tower back up, drat. "An empty classroom would work fine, or we could head to someone's home if its nearby. Mine isn't far."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 +1

"Spy on Mr. Keen, huh..." I don't think I've ever passed as a faculty member before. That could be interesting. Maybe even fun. I nod on that respect.

"Okay, I'm in." I say, giving Chris a wink. Might be a bit more cutesy than I was going for. I picked it up while dressing as Maria and habits from other people are hard to break.

Turning Chris On: <Krysmbot> TurninTrix, 5+2 = 7. Make a choice!

"Your place sounds fine. But if you don't mind... I need to pass by somewhere before we leave school." I haven't checked the cherry blossom tree today, you know.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 30, 2014

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

"That's fine with me. Go do what you have to, Kei. I need to run an errand as well." After he gives us the address, I turn to leave. "Meet you there." I hurry to Mom's cafe and place a few cupcakes in a to-go box. I also grab three cups of coffee. Fine, yes. I am old fashioned. People don't know how much better things have gotten, these days (though the modern Age is far from a utopia). Once upon a time, it was a risk to let people into your own home. A man's (and woman's) house was his castle because he needed to defend it every now and again.

It's only polite to bring a gift in recognition of that trust. You can also poison the gift if you're up to no good, but that's not the issue here. Speaking of which, this was also a bit of an acid test as far as Chris is concerned. While I don't suspect him of being an enemy, there's no point in being foolish. As I reach Chris' doorstep, I text Kei. <If I don't send you another message in 15 minutes or so, get help.> Then I knock on the door.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I blush ever so slightly again as Kei winks at me, but considering she wants to get back at Aaron for 'stealing her boyfriend', I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended that way. Still, I take the chance to look elsewhere by getting out two scraps of paper to write my address down on, and give some verbal instructions on how to get there from here, just to be safe, then hurry off, calling back behind, "I'll see you two in a bit then!"

Kei takes a string

Once I get there, I take a look around my apartment. The place isn't too messy, at least everywhere that isn't my bedroom and the small workshop in a side room aren't. If we're going to be doing a scrying, I should get things ready while I wait for them to show up though. It doesn't take too much work, just shove the couch up against the wall and put the kotatsu out (yeah I know that makes me look like a nerd, but it's really good for this kind of thing, shut up). I'm just putting out a few herbs in a jar in the corners of the room (this is important), when I hear the knock on the door.

After checking through the peephole, you can never be too safe, I open it to let Reagan in. "You found the place alright then, come on in." I gesture towards the kotatsu, giving the package a curious glance. Whats in there then? "Kei isn't here yet, can I get you anything while we wait?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 +1

So, I pass as Aimi again, long enough to head back to the bathroom and dress up myself again. In the end, being Aimi ended up as a huge bust. But maybe I can still turn this club around and get back Aly with Reagan and this other guy. I've been doing all of this scheming and urban legend stuff on my own for a long time. Maybe can I do more with some friends who understand what I'm capable of.

Speaking of urban legends...

I make sure that no one's around the cherry blossom tree. I've been doing this whole uh, project for a long time, so I know what I'm doing here. With everything that happened earlier, I almost forgot that it was a clear sky last night. Chances are, I'll find a new red envelope and a new person to dress up as. That would be nice to have.

"So..." I sing softly to myself, reaching my hand inside the treehole. "Who am I going to tangle with the red string~"

Gaze into the abyss of this anime tree: TurninTrix, 6-1 = 5. :ohdear:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Cal

Vincent drops his shoulders and stares at you, jaw slacked. "You think I'm an idiot? Look, you need to go calm Aimi down, and then you can have your dumb mags."

Francine comes up from behind and shouts, "Hey, get your hands off her!" Vincent obliges, leading Roxy toward Francie with a tug before letting go. Roxy stumbles to Francie, arms wrapping around her neck. Francie continues, putting a hold on her frustration, "Aimi's still in the locker room. You think you can get through to her, Cal?"

Milo/Zoey

Oh no. The taste. The smell. It burns with putrid imbalance, its stench akin to mustard gas without incurring merciful death.

Cooking Mama looks at you both and rests a few fingers on her forehead. "Chew your food, Milo. You can't just swallow meat like you inhale mama's spaghetti. Let it rest on your palate. Now, Mama's gotta go cater for the party downstairs. Don't have too much fun now, Milo-kins, okay? Ciao, mio Milo!" She shuts the front door behind her.

"And Zoey!"

Francesca gets a string on both of you for being so rude!

At least you're alone, albeit a little nauseated. What will you do?

Andrew/Makoto

Assuming you're both headed out right now.

Grandfather nods his head and walks out. You could probably spy hints of a smirk, Hitoshi already having known the answer. He folded the zine to the page regarding Holly's absence (not the kidnapping rumor), which states loud and clear:

HOLLY MEYER SEARCH PARTY
COLOMBERAS PIZZA, 6PM
BRING FLASHLIGHTS/REFLECTORS

The restaurant is vacant until its matron, Francesca Colombera, descends from the stairs in the back. "Buona sera! Welcome to Colombera's! How can I help you?"

Kei

You find three envelopes, each one unadorned and anonymous.

"Holly Meyer :(" Aww, somebody wants to see Holly again.

"Michiru Kaioh!" Also known as Sailor Neptune.

"KEI K" Hey, this doesn't happen everyday! Or does it?

Need some time to think about these? Or are you headed to Chris' place right away?

Chris/Reagan

Reagan, what's your impression of the place? Did you ever have something like this at home?

Chris, what do the herbs actually do, if anything? Are they just there for the scent? :v:

Aaron/Aly

Aaron, your phone vibrates on and off three times between entering the cafe and being seated. Andrew's probably not taking this well.

The tabby glances down at Aaron's lap and communicates to Aly, "He trembling in pants."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Kei Kagami
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

N-no! This doesn't happen at all. At all!

I mean, I'm just a nobody, why would anyone... why would anyone... uuu.... what?

I uh, I pocket all three letters (even Sailor Neptune) and get out of there as fast as I can. Okay, these last two, I can worry about later. Much later. I can do something about Holly, though. Matter of fact, I should have done something about this much earlier. Why even bother with the Vice President when I can be the head herself?

<Going to be a little late.> I text back to Reagan and Chris. <Something came up.>

Gotta head back to the locker room. With luck, no one will be around and I can raid Holly's locker for some clothes.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Condition: Terrified

Andrew can take it however he wants. You don't interrupt bond-pairing time for anything, and that's what I told him. I sip at my water (I don't know what to order, and am I waiting for some sort of cue) and gaze deeply at Aly. "So, these are cats..." One preens itself to my left. I smile. "They do remind me of home, somehow."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Milo Colombera
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 0, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Milo-kins

As soon as mom goes downstairs, I push the vile lasagna aside, taking a large drink of water to wash the taste out of my mouth.

"That's what I was trying to warn you about. She does that sometimes. Well, she's probably going to be down there for a few hours. We're up here all alone. Maybe we could go to my room and spend some time together~."

Turnin' you on!
<Krysmbot> Waffleman, 7+1 = 8

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy
Hot -1, Cold. 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1 Darkest Self
Harm 1/4; Exp 3/5; Conditions: Callous, Hair-Triggered, Cow

I pushed around the "lasagna", occasionally taking a small bite, only to immediately regret it, until Mrs. Colombera left. Then Milo had to go ahead and make things interesting. I'm okay with this, but some things need to be spelled out. I go ahead and take both of his hands.

"Oh... I, um. Okay. But listen to me, Milo. Aaron was trying to use you today, just to mess with me. We can't have that - you're all mine. Right, Milo-kins? He's going to be a constant problem between us until he knows not to even start poo poo."

She'll give herself to you.
Using Elegant Egotist and tagging Milo-kins.
Jolinaxas time to roll for the worst move in the game
Jolinaxas !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 9+3 = 12
Taking a string, and she offers you an experience to help her mess with Aaron.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 30, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

[quote="Waffleman_" post="434230212"]
Milo Colombera
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Milo-kins

As Zoey takes my hands, my face goes red. poo poo, I didn't expect that to work. God dammit, I love this woman.

"Of course, Zoey. I'd do anything for you, you know that. If Aaron is going to be a problem, we need to solve that problem."

Let's shift this into maximum Mortaldrive!

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Soft

"Hello! We're here to meet some friends, but I guess we're a little early. You wouldn't mind us waiting here a bit, would you?"

Once we're seated, I start leafing through the 'zine in earnest. What kind of publication is this, anyway? Who writes it and what's their angle? And what kind of search party would advertise in this?
code:
<Xomnom> gaze
<Xomnom> !r 2d6 -1
<Krysmbot> Xomnom, 4 -1 = 3

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy

"Great."

I get up, looking around a little bit. Is the restaurant connected to this apartment, or would she have to use the door she came in? Huh.

"Now, she's totally not going to stop by to check up on you or anything, right?"

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal
XP: 4/5, Harm: 0/4
Conditions: Drained

"I can certainly try."

I take up a position at the locker room door, and stare at the floor tiles, back leaned up against the wall.

"Just give me a second to think," I say, as I let my spirit free once again. I feel so tired all of a sudden - the very exhaustion that often precedes a very long sleep. I need to go home and rest, but not yet. People still need me.

Going to Cast The Bones!
(7:44:28 PM) Krysmbot: TempusRimeblood, 6+1 = 7
The visions are lucid and detailed, but I'll get the condition Drained!

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

"Thank you for having me over." I place the package on the kotatsu (how, er, oddly appropriate, considering where we were today) and open it. "Just a little something in return for your hospitality." As I unpack, I glance around in appraisal of Chris' home. Normal for a teenage boy, I guess. Max's room is usually a little cluttered, as well. But...it's too small. In fact, he seems to be conducting the scrying ritual right in the sitting room. "You live alone?" For some reason, my heart sinks. Though I've spent a lot of time alone, I'm hardly normal. I'd come to expect that most everyone else actually had something resembling a family life. A roommate and friend, at least. Even I've found a family in this new world. Where are Chris' parents?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrew/Wendar
Harm 1/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Delusional, Heartless.

W-what kind of announcement is that? And was I not informed of this search party? Those bastards... They will see when I'm the first one to find lady Holly, oh yes, they will see it all right. "Ku ku ku..." I chuckle while envisioning such a moment of glory. "In fact... I should look for her by myself, without those fools. But... Hm..."

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 | Integrity 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

"Hi, Judit--" Whaa? She's usually, um...not this way. At all. But....all I can really do is worry and look on helplessly as she scurries off. Gosh, I hope she's okay...

...wha?

It's that cat. And for a moment I forget myself and blurt out--"Scared?" Rub, rub, strooooooking the kitty's ears. And listening 'cos Judith is really nice to me and I'm worried to her and sometimes cats say very insightful things, okay? And then flusteredly shooing that horrible cat off and turning red 'cos i don't know what that thing about Aaron trembling in the pants mean but I really don't like the way kitty said it! At all! It sounds all snide and...i-it sounds like some kind of gross thing! And I won't let a cat say gross mean things about my friends, no matter how cute they are, okay?!

...and oh gosh Aaron's right here and he's gonna think I'm weird and....good job, Alyosha. :/ "E-ehe....um...s-sorry. I'm, ah...s-so, what kinds of things do you like? The pumpkin latte is really good, e-especially if you get it with cream..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Milo Colombera

"As long as my door is closed, she won't barge in. We'll be fine."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron

"Hmmm..." I evaluate the situation. Consider my words carefully.

"Something sweet and, mmm, fruity would be to my tastes. Something a lot like yo-" oh dangit I forgot about the weird secondary meaning of fruit around here- "-u." Oh well. Still a good line.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

"E-excuse me?" I-I don't want to make a scene or anything but....uuu, that...that baka! I pout at him really hard! Because I feel really dizzy again and it's like I've got a fever but only in my cheeks and my heart and...oh, what else am I even supposed to do? :ohdear: "I-I don't know what you think, but I'm definitely not that kind of Alyosha! I-I'm not some...some apple you can pick off a tree and sweet-talk and...a-and..." and i can't meet his eyes again and my voice cracks a little and gets really small 'cos I feel really small and kind of overwhelmed and aaaaaaaa

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I give Reagan a smile as she puts the package down. I don't think I've ever been given a hosting gift before. "Hey, thanks."

The herbs aren't really vital I suppose, but basically the scent helps open up your body to the flow of magic, and makes it easier. Not needed at all for a normal spell, but if I'm going to try and show other people what I'm seeing, every little bit helps. "Yeah, my parents are back home, since I'm only here on an exchange-trip thing."

I pause as my phone vibrates in my pocket, would it be rude to answer now? Well, since I hear her's going off I figure it's probably from Kei, so I pull it out to check. "Looks like Kei is going to be a few."

<Alright, we'll be here>

<oh yeah. I'll be a lot more useful helping you out with your problem if you can get a thing or two that belongs to A>

GodFish fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 1, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron

"Of course you aren't." I smile, bright and white and completely sincere. This can't be an act- they really are this nice. How delightful. "I am so wounded that you would think such of me..." I puff up my eyes, letting a little water come to them. "I really do want to get to know you. Better. A lot better. I would never dream of going farther than you want." I look away, sad. "That you could think that of me... I am so sorry."

KPrime, 9+2 = 11 TURN ON BY BEING VULNERABLE AND SAD

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

....oh, oh no, now he's--

and i feel so--

ugh you're such a thoughtless jerk Alyosha

Oh gosh, what do I--oh! I know what to do! I scoot out of my seat and make my way around the table and just...hug Aaron really tightly, and give him a little kiss on the cheek, 'cos he looks really sad and hurt and I can just tell he needs it! "...I-I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry and...and I definitely don't think you're a bad-hearted person or anything, okay?" I look up at him and oh gosh now I feel like crying a little 'cos I was so mean and I made him feel so

"...everything's just a little overwhelming. A-and I don't know what to do or feel or...anything, sometimes."

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

A-Team

The tabby predictably purrs in response to your stimulus, Aly. Did he just smirk at how offended you were of his comment? "Just observing," he tells you. "I don't drink milk this time?"

Judith comes walking up with her notepad, then stops when she sees Aly kissing Aaron (on the cheek, but still!) She bites her lip and shuts her eyes for a good few seconds. Then she descends upon the table. "Okay, have you decided what you would like today? Aaron, let's start with you?"

She brushes her skirt a bit and strokes the bangs out of her eyes with a little scoff.

Cal

You almost immediately hear wailing, the kind that only comes from Kelly Vickers. "Oh god, it's too late!" She grabs her towel and head for the door where she notices you. "Oh. It's you." She shakes her head and slings her tower over her shoulder. "Come in, I guess."

Aimi sits on a bench, fingers still laced in the grating of Holly's locker. Her eyes are puffy, but the tears have stopped. She shivers as she exhales. "It's too late," she echoes from Kelly. "She's gone. Gone. Gone..."

Kelly replies, knowing only you can hear, "It's always too late."

Next to her is a copy of Jen's zine, flipped to the page you need to fix. "Holly, you... you jerk!" Aimi slams her hand onto an adjacent locker, letting the beat ring before curling up against Holly's locker. "Why? Why does it have to be like this?!"

"It doesn't." From behind you appears a black shade. No face, just an ambiguous human-shaped body mimicking the tones of your voice as well as Kelly and Aimi all at once. "In fact, this club's much more popular than last time. Maybe you can see this through after all. Cal, right? Tell Aimi she can still make things right. She knows what I mean. But you don't, do you? Hmmph. 'Time heals all wounds.' Let her mull on that, alright?"

Kelly tries to comfort Aimi, her hand only making Aimi shudder and recoil. A towel is instead draped over Aimi's back as Kelly runs off. The shade gives you a thumbs up and breaks communication with you, at which point you notice your life force has been draining considerably while listening to it. Then Kei comes in to see the situation at hand. What will you do?

Kei

You feel a slight chill pass through you as you enter the girl's locker room. Inside you find Cal and Aimi, the latter sobbing in the corner in front of Holly's locker with a towel over her shoulders. How do you approach this?

Chris/Reagan

...Yep, still no Kei. A fire engine drives down your street, noisemakers at full, presumably just to gently caress with the atmosphere of the space. How vital is Kei for all this anyway? You two are apt enough to get to the bottom of things, right?

Milo/Zoey

Mood Music

You're free to exchange moves. Zoey, since you are still your Darkest Self, I'll let you prey on one more target for free.
Also your choice: compliment and lose your leverage, or insult and shut him down?

Andrew/Makoto

"Not at all! Make yourselves at home!" She walks into the kitchen, still able to view the whole dining room from her window.

Makoto, your browsing is interrupted as Ben and Sara come in. Ben starts to say, "You're here earl--" before Sara cuts him off.

"You, uh, here for...?" She points to the zine. Ben facepalms himself and waves hello to Francesca, a little nervous. Sara sits with you two as Ben begins pizza dealings. Sara's clearly a little bummed, but her vibe hasn't been fully harshed. How do you reply?

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 31, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrew/Wendar
Harm 1/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Delusional, Heartless.

"...Early? I wasn't informed of that at all!" I grit my teeth after that, the frustration of being kept out of the loop burning in my body as the flickering flames of Gehenna! "But very well. Let's talk about that, bur first!" I start examining the surroundings. Why wouldn't Holly be here for starters? Every nook and cranny must be suspected, and this place is no exception. My demonic eyes scan the Pizzeria for any suspicious places where a girl could be held against her will. "IS ANYONE HERE?! Well, OTHER THAN US, AND MISS COLOMBERA?" I shout for good measure.

<Plutonis> !r 2d6-1 Gazing.
<Krysmbot> Plutonis, 5-1 = 4

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy

I start to follow Milo over to his room when I hear someone yelling.

"Wait up - who the hell is that? Why are they asking if anyone else is here? That voice sounds familiar..."

Whoever it is, they're -so- dead.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Milo Colombera

"It's okay, Zoey. Just don't answer back. It's coming from downstairs."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy

That's right - deep breaths. Just some people looking for other people in the restaurant. No problem...

"Sorry. Just a little nervous, I guess."

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Alyosha Kosoglad
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

Oh dear, I get so lost in trying to comfort Aaron that I don't realise I mean for a moment it feels like we're the only two people in the catfe and--

"Okay, what--"

"Aah!"

Let me, um, let me back up a moment. If that's okay? Sorry. ._. I, um...don't deal with stress well. Or scares. Or anything like that, really! I tend to panic and hide or cry or flee or faint sometimes or...jump.

And when I'm already really jumpy and worried and worn and...you know, all that stuff? Sometimes I, um, well...

FINE FINE I'LL SAY IT PLAINLY OKAY i kind of ended up in Aaron's lap, clinging to him and hiding my face against his shoulder and apologising a lot 'cos I probably seem really weird and it's so embarrassing and then i realise that the voice was Judith's and it just gets more embarrassing and aaaaaaaaaa ._.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Aaron

Oh. Well. This is nice. I hold Aly close and feel them tremble. I think it's in my interests to react the way I usually would to this situation: Politely. "Ah. Judith, was it? I think you scared Aly, give us a moment..." I carefully move Aly off my lap, ignoring instincts which say otherwise, and move them so they are sitting beside me, still snuggled close. "There, isn't that better?"

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Soft

I scowl at Andrew's antics.

"I guess that answers your question. Did you guys put out the ad?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Milo Colombera

I stay still for a bit until I feel the coast is clear. "Okay, I think we're good."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Zoey, the Harpy

"Okay - good."

And that's when I may have tackled him. Not that I think he's going to mind.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Cal
Harm: 0/4, XP: 4/5
Conditions: Drained

I don't even get a chance to question the mysterious shade before it vanishes from my perception. But it seemed friendly - whatever it was. And it talked to me, just like any other dead soul. I'll have to make a note of its existence - see if I can pull some strings to find out what's going on with that. I pull my spirit back into my body - it feels harder. Like that shade, whatever it was, was some kind of spiritual void, draining my energy and making it harder for me to re-enter the mortal world.

But either way, friendly misunderstood shade or spiritual void or eldritch being from beyond time and space aside, I am tired. Tired as the dead. But Aimi needs me. Holly needs me. Everyone needs me right now, and I have to do my job. Just like when I was a spirit. But now I have a body, and all the frailties and exhaustions that come along with it.

I take a seat next to Aimi. Gingerly place a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey," I say softly. "I know you're feeling pretty bad about this Holly thing. And I know I'm just one of the kids from the club, but I want you to know you're not alone. Okay? We're all missing Holly, and we all feel pretty terrible. And this thing with the zine - I took care of that already. Jen's issuing a retraction. No one's gonna have to see that."

I lean in a little closer, talking soft enough that the only people who can hear what I'm saying are myself and Aimi.

"Now, as for this whole thing. Something's on your mind. And you know me - I don't need details. I just hate seein' you sad, you know? You're too pretty to be so sad. I mean, you and Holly were close. And this is hitting you really hard. And I know you feel like she's gone forever, but she's not, and we're gonna find her. And maybe there was something that went wrong, something you regret, something that makes you feel like you made a mistake. But it's okay. Everyone makes mistakes. And Holly's your friend. You can still put whatever it is right, I promise. Whatever it is, you can make things right. And listen - maybe you feel like Holly's gonna be upset about stuff. I don't know. Whatever it is you're blaming yourself for, though, it can't be so bad. Nothing can be so bad as to destroy a friendship like yours. Just keep it in mind that time heals all wounds, okay? I want you to take that home and think about it. I promise it'll be okay. Everything's gonna be okay."

I tousle her hair a bit, offering a cheery smile beneath tired eyes.

"You're gonna be okay, Aimi."

And just like that, Kei walks into the room.

"'Lo, Kei. What brings a girl like you to a place like this?" I offer, trying not to let the fatigue show in my voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

"You're welcome." It's surprising how much his answer relieves me. I guess that particular wound still hasn't healed. Even after all this time. I send Kei a reply. <Take your time.>

"Should we get started?" She wouldn't be able to directly help with the ritual. It would be better to cast it, then consider our next move.

• Locked thread