Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

"This is like if Little Big Planet weren't British and was more like Amped 3" --Ryan Davis

Welcome to Battleblock Theater where you can team up with a buddy to collect gems and yarn and basically just be a huge jerk to your friend. Sure, it has a single player mode. But why would you ever want to play this game single player? Basic gameplay is basically just go through the level and collect gems, 3 gems unlock the exit but there can be up to seven in a level, get the ball of yarn and collect those to get new weapons, try not to die, or instead use death as a crutch. But if I can be real with you here, the attraction isn't necessarily the gameplay, but instead is the story and constant in-level narration by Stamper.

So, yeah this is a Co Op LP. It's gonna be fun. I'm gonna rotate my Co Op partner sometimes!

I've actually gone ahead and set up an image gallery for custom user heads. Register and upload what you've got: http://battleblock.club/

~~Welcome to the Stamper Appreciation Station~~

Bonus???? What do you mean I already did chapter 7?

Mico fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Welcome to the best thread ladies and gentlemen.

Pins fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 13, 2014

Gamer McBaggin
Oct 13, 2013
Playing on normal or insanity and will you + friend try to A++ everything?
Good luck and will love to see more content!

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
All insanity mode does is remove the checkpoints. In Co Op checkpoints are 100 percent useless (when you die it spawns you at your partner's location) so that doesn't actually make any difference.

Also gently caress no I'm not 100 percenting this. I'm opting to have fun instead. I am by no means a completionist.

Mico fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 13, 2014

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

I tried to A++ things with mico and unless you have a prepared route you'll usually screw up because the timer. Or because I've beaten myself senseless with a boulder.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Someone told me there were yams in this game. I watched your video and didn't see any yams. Will there be yams in a future update?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

It will be fun to watch you all fail. And squirm. And generally screw each other over. This coming from experience with co-op. Good lord this game is fiendishly simple, yet simply fiendish.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Okay, I didn't actually watch the video until now. I never seen poo poo go THAT crazy while playing. One of you must've been doing something fun with net limiter or the game updated since I played it because the extent of my lagging woes are self-inflicted boulderectomies.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Mico and me played when we all picked up the game during Steam sales and we had less poo poo netplay. I am toddy I am from New Zealandia.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 14, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
WOW!

I loved that giant wolf fight! Looked so kawaii!

I LOVE Anime!!!!!!!!!!!

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
I'm glad you spliced it in later.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Spoken like someone who posted in my thread without watching the whole video.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
It's only been out like twenty minutes what do you want from me?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

drat, it's weird listening to EJew be informative.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!
In case you forget to look up where the secrets are again. These guys...

Only appear in levels with a secret

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Innovacious posted:

In case you forget to look up where the secrets are again. These guys...

Only appear in levels with a secret
Oh neat, I didn't put those two together. Not only this, but most secret levels also take place behind a single isolated bush on some weird assed corner of the map. I think stamper also has a couple lines regarding the cyclo-shrimp, that were supposed to clue me in on what you just said but I didn't think too much about it.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I had no idea you could bounce on those acid bubbles.

Man, I can't wait to see when the game gets really bastardly later on.

EDIT: The hand grenade is the best weapon. So simple and effective. Just lob it at what you don't like and make it go away.

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 18, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Things have been pretty murderous so far. But somehow it's only going to get worse? Ouch.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Hey I got Dish lined up for next episode and we still need to record it HOWEVER have a versus mode video instead.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Gonna spoil it but the best multiplayer episode is the Mahmoud one.

Remember Mahmoud.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

toddy. posted:

Gonna spoil it but the best multiplayer episode is the Mahmoud one.

Remember Mahmoud.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Mahmoud Would Never Do You Wong.

Wong indeed, old friend.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
More multiplayer action

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is the background music to "Dunkaroo" the actual jingle?

Because I can forgive many things, but...

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
OK back to the main game hope you like me being really bad at videogames

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Gotta love Skippy's enthusiasm about the whole thing. I can't believe you haven't figured out that Up and Push launches your partner into the air yet, though.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Grimthwacker posted:

Gotta love Skippy's enthusiasm about the whole thing. I can't believe you haven't figured out that Up and Push launches your partner into the air yet, though.

The up push is unnecessary. While you can shove people, you can almost always get around the problem by skull yumping or by employing some environmental hazards. Plus you can stay in control while moving whereas the toss just sorta dumps you. Basically I play like an ant climbing all over everything indiscriminately in the vague hopes of getting something neat and it works out most of the time.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
So thanks to you jerks, I ended up getting the game.

I haven't even started it up yet, I'm just looking for stupid heads.

heenato fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 26, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love Stamper's little introductions to the various game modes.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

heenato posted:

So thanks to you jerks, I ended up getting the game.

I haven't even started it up yet, I'm just looking for stupid heads.

A gift!

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Last episodes for a few weeks. Not gonna have access to my computer until like the 20th.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I miss Mahmoud.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

toddy. posted:

I miss Mahmoud.

Mahmoud is love, Mahmoud is life.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Goodness, they seem to be having an actual plot as opposed to Stamper making increasingly elaborate metaphors about prison or whatever.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Wait. You mean to tell me it's NOT a common everyday occurrence for an Australian to beat their own face in with a rock?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Hello! I am settled in after moving. Did you miss me? Of course you did. Here have some video content.

story

versus

edit: apparently in the two hours this video was up until now i forgot to set the multiplayer video to public.

Mico fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 24, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mico, without you in my life, there was nothing but a hole in my heart.

But seriously, glad to see this LP back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this is some proper horror. The poor kitties just want their theater back, and only the hat can save them, but not even the hat can save them.

• Locked thread