Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Kyrie eleison posted:

ok i mean yeah thats bullshit the real cause of depression is the human condition but like imo let people have their placebo effects

lmao op learn from this man, this is still bad trolling but much better than this thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Torka posted:

trolling depressed people is pointless because they already hate themselves more than you ever could, OP
i wonder what he expects the reaction to be

"oh, hey, op dropping some hard truths here, now i feel bad about myself. oh wait i already did. huh"

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
suck my sad cock

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
How come nobody ever thought of this before? Depression cured, thanks OP

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

"oh, hey, op dropping some hard truths here, now i feel bad about myself. oh wait i already did. huh"

Exactly!

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Some real Alpha Male poo poo itt

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im gonna kill u op

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Whenever someone tells me they're depressed I just say "turn that frown upside down!" and smack them on the bottom. This cures their depression 9/10 of the time. The other time the person just starts crying so I leave quickly because seriously who wants to be around some mopey sad sack, sheesh!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

the best way to troll depressed people is by tricking them into thinking happy thoughts. they really hate that

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

depression owns because it gives you a sense of certainty that real life will never be able to provide. its like putting on your favorite warm blanket to sleep on the floor for days

Wait what do you mean by this?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I have a bachelor of arts in psychology and I fundementally disagree with your thesis :coffeepal:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
If you are depressed you are probably pretty selfish too, hth.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Not gonna lie this OP made me seriously consider suicide.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Personally i am depressed if you have to call it that but i dont think bad thoughts or feel sad emotions, i feel the bad thing itself. Pain itself, not all the subsidiaries that I see everyone flailing at. It's easier to bear somehow. I walk around with it. I just can barely talk to anyone or have much energy to do much. But it's not for lack of motivation. I do what I need to do. I don't know what you all are doing though.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ObamaCaresHugSquad posted:

Personally i am depressed if you have to call it that but i dont think bad thoughts or feel sad emotions, i feel the bad thing itself. Pain itself, not all the subsidiaries that I see everyone flailing at. It's easier to bear somehow. I walk around with it. I just can barely talk to anyone or have much energy to do much. But it's not for lack of motivation. I do what I need to do. I don't know what you all are doing though.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

life is p complicated and its almost impossible to certain about anything, nothing is ever simple and nothing is black and white. but when im depressed there are two certainties for me:

-life sucks
-i suck even more

i find that certainty comfortable

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Ponce de Le0n posted:

If you are depressed you are probably pretty selfish too, hth.

it did help, thanks dude

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

babypolis posted:

life is p complicated and its almost impossible to certain about anything, nothing is ever simple and nothing is black and white. but when im depressed there are two certainties for me:

-life sucks
-i suck even more

i find that certainty comfortable

the best cure for depression is drinking lemon juice from the wrong side of the cup while counting backwards from a hundred

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Abe gone? Like banned or what

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Did he go out like Wayne with rage

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

I just mean stop feeling bad about what you're feeling, just go for it and come what may. Requires a little strength from somewhere though. Thats on the individual.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

FuhrerHat posted:

depression is real its called natural selection even hitler understood
are you saying youre stupider than hitler?????

we're all stupider than hitler you retar d

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

I was born depressed, i remember it like it was 31 years ago. the first thing I did after born, was cry. As a baby I cried a lot. I had lots of problems from day one, controlling my bladder and bowels. Luckily I had some help with this things... for a while. Eventually I was a teenager, and things just got worse. I had many thoughts in my head, at all times, and ll were negative. Even before this i had to do things, like, school, homework. And school work, math, language, and science. I just couldnt concentrate, on anything. I couldnt think about relevant things that i had to think about. I would sit around and watch tevelision, which was the only thing that would take my mind off things... for a while. But the next day i did it all again. I trudged to the school bus. I sat there, other kids called me stupid. Fat. And gay. I didnt retaliate because it was not in my nature. I've always been withdrawn and morose. It is my curse, but a blassing, as also. I have been very good, at things like art, and drawing, and music. They were my favourite lessons, and I wouldn't cry more than once during. But when I got home the torture started again. I never got along with my family, and my parents. I always had disagreements, arguements, fights with them. My sister would beat me up, for fun, and my parents would laugh at this. I'd go to my room, and cry while drawing. As I got to the 20's, things didn't change, but I did leave school. I had some hard times trying to find work. I could manage not to cry for such a time, as I could find employment. It was at McDonalds, and it was not easy for me. I would sometimes feel very bad, but I had to stir the fries, and cook the patties. I hated the fat people who ate mcdonalds. I would sneer at them from behind the counter. Needless to say this job did not last a long time, but long enough to cement my hatered for my fellow man kind. I found a kindred spirit in Jhonene Vasquez. I have all the Johhny the Homocidal Maniac comic books, and I read them religiously. They really spoke to me. I didn't work for over 10 years after this. I would sit alone and brood in my parents basements. I made dolls from cotton wool and buttons. Sometimes I still do this today. I would hang them around my room, sometimes I would cut myself and bleed on the dolls. Eventually my parents died, and I inherited the house as my sister died of an overdose years ago. I didn't cry then, or when my parents died. My soul was hard and black as coal. I had made myself into an unfeeling creature and nothing could touch me. Then I met Irene... one night I was shopping at midnight, buying poptarts and such. I met her in the shop. I was drawn to her raven hair and dark eyes instantly. But I could not talk to her, as I was scared of driving her away with my intensity. I would stare at her across the room... for a while. Eventually she tried to talk to me. But I would not talk back, I would leave the store with a sweep of my cape. I still think of her sometimes. I think of her blood, and exposed bone sockets. I think of her, as a doll. But this was a long time ago. I try not to think of the past, it is very strange, and vague, and really sad. I sometimes get confused now, perhaps because of the medication they make me take. I lost many years to court appointed electro convulsive therapy. I will write no more of this, I must replenish my essence

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

I just mean stop feeling bad about what you're feeling, just go for it and come what may. Requires a little strength from somewhere though. Thats on the individual.

And where do you find your strength?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
more like, sobbin williams

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hwbrgdtse posted:

It's an excuse the weak make for their inability to hack it. Get in shape, get a real degree, get a job, get money. Congratulations, you have a real life. If you can't do that, admit you're a pussbag and be done with it. Don't be all, "Ehhh, my brain is funny!" Cuz guess what, kiddo? That's what cowards and women say. Suck it up, you're not special.

I think I cut myself on your edginess.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

And where do you find your strength?

Lol dude i dunno who you are anymore. Should i read that post above

Umm ive been going through this for a while but initially i got my strength by asking for help from god. And meaning it. And then being willing to receive it. My strength was sapped by depending on others and what they thought of me. I had to go it alone. Even if i was surrounded by people. Now that things have progressed i have cut more ties than before because they turned out to be irrelevant. A loyal few have stayed around though.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tell us about the electroconvulsive therapy lonesomedwarf, must have been tough

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Lol dude i dunno who you are anymore. Should i read that post above

Umm ive been going through this for a while but initially i got my strength by asking for help from god. And meaning it. And then being willing to receive it. My strength was sapped by depending on others and what they thought of me. I had to go it alone. Even if i was surrounded by people. Now that things have progressed i have cut more ties than before because they turned out to be irrelevant. A loyal few have stayed around though.

I see, this is interesting and you bring up some salient points. But... how do you know the loyal few are really loyal?

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
i find my strength through god

I AM GOD

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

I see, this is interesting and you bring up some salient points. But... how do you know the loyal few are really loyal?

Because I have been a total rear end in a top hat to them and they haven't left me behind..others, mostly women, not so much. "These hoes ain't loyal"

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
aha this thread rating, good poo poo op

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
turn that frown upside down yall

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Did he go out like Wayne with rage

i think he quit after a particularly nasty bout of harassment from 13 year old 4chan posters

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Because I have been a total rear end in a top hat to them and they haven't left me behind..others, mostly women, not so much. "These hoes ain't loyal"

i see... i see................................................................ i see

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

personally i just try to remember how much i like cake

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Aw, so much care itt! Depression is still just a bullshit first-world problem though.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

much like you're posting

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hwbrgdtse posted:

Aw, so much care itt! Depression is still just a bullshit first-world problem though.

this is the end game, third world. when you stop dying of hunger and exposure and treatable diseases you will get fat and sad and care about stuff on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
there seems to be a big correlation between something awful posters and depression hmmmm

• Locked thread