Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
you are lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eschaton posted:

fancy-beef burger medium-rare topped with applewood smoked bacon and bleu cheese, a side of herb-dressed potato wedges, and a bottle of "xumma" semi-sweet artisanal cola

it was a toss up between that and the chicken enchilada quesadilla which also looked delish

our cafes are pretty sweet

That's way worse for you than a Big Mac.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
got fish & chips in the oven for my saturday lunch

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I had some fried clams for lunch at a diner in town. they were good

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i went into town and had some chicken, sobe noodles, and vegetables and a roll of salmon sushi

it was pretty good except for the chicken, it was pretty gristly

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i went into town and had some chicken, sobe noodles, and vegetables and a roll of salmon sushi

it was pretty good except for the chicken, it was pretty gristly

mlyp

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
Had some rad homemade ramen the broth was insane

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Tatsujin posted:

Had some rad homemade ramen the broth was insane

i need to start trying to get good at that. then i need to learn to make a vegetarian one. just open the kitchen window and watch the hipster ladies collect outside my domain

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i need to start trying to get good at that. then i need to learn to make a vegetarian one. just open the kitchen window and watch the hipster ladies collect outside my domain

you rang?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its u

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

you rang?

dso you know how to make vegetarian ramen??

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
make ramen broth with miso paste??

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

miso is a soy product and the noodles are obv vegetarian so just don't put meat in it

idk where you're gonna get miso but there's a japanese market down here. maybe you have an importer

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Silver Alicorn posted:

miso is a soy product and the noodles are obv vegetarian so just don't put meat in it

idk where you're gonna get miso but there's a japanese market down here. maybe you have an importer

it's pretty hard to get miso in the Us that isnt complete poo poo from whatt i've read. although people must be doing it because i've had good ramen in places. mostly the problem is making it taste good without a lot of meat

also have you ever seen miso paste? converting that into delicious isn't really easy

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 24, 2014

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
you can make a good ramen broth w/ mostly konbu + katsuo-bushi + veggie stock. idk what to tell you if your dietary malfunctions disallow you from eating tasty things from the ocean tho

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
that's fine my romantic restrictions disallow me from dating people who wont eat fish

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
perfect. u will want to make yr stock from things like onion, scallion, carrot, dried mushroom. fish bones would make a good addition to help thicken it too, otherwise maybe use a very tiny amount of agar agar

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i will do as you say sensei

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

how many times do i have to tell you fatties that the only meal you should ever eat is celery while looking at fitspo?

god

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

I had some fried clams for lunch at a diner in town. they were good

whats a fried clam like

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

theadder posted:

whats a fried clam like

tasty

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
only i am allowed to use the guns thread tag

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

that's fine my romantic restrictions disallow me from dating people who wont eat fish

wow way to crush my dreams :( :( :(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's way worse for you than a Big Mac.

gmo free :colbert:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
personally i have never taken a chemistry class or even a biology class of even high school level but i know that genetically modified plants are bad because our bodies can't digest the genetically modidified plants. they are bad for your body. please stop eating them, thanks!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
probably having leftover beans & rice, cooking for 1 kinda sucks but on the plus side i can make 2 days of food for ~$3.

eschaton posted:

fancy-beef burger medium-rare topped with applewood smoked bacon and bleu cheese, a side of herb-dressed potato wedges, and a bottle of "xumma" semi-sweet artisanal cola

it was a toss up between that and the chicken enchilada quesadilla which also looked delish

our cafes are pretty sweet

lol medium rare burger

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

toasted french bread w/ butter on it, and some sliced mango

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
if your cow meats aren't fine enough to just grind up and eat raw MAYBE with some stirred up quail egg then you know what to do

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

computer parts posted:

lol medium rare burger

I grew up in the Midwest, it's hard to remember to order meat straight up rare, even at places that'll do a good job (like my work's caffes)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

moosemanmoo posted:

if your cow meats aren't fine enough to just grind up and eat raw MAYBE with some stirred up quail egg then you know what to do

Show us your tits.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
quail egg makes my girl friend barf

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
im gonna drown you in a C4 rice paddy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Pastrami and cheese sammich on multigrain bread with spinach and a pickle and mustard and then a big handful of cheeseits

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
cuban sandwich that made my stomach a little upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

eschaton posted:

I grew up in the Midwest, it's hard to remember to order meat straight up rare, even at places that'll do a good job (like my work's caffes)

i order my burgers medium

• Locked thread