Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Is the final issue going to turn us all into supervillains or something? Or are we already the supervillains for reading and enjoying the series? :ohdear:

It will be a picture of Grant Morrison loving us in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Grant tries to one-up the Animal Man scene, the last page of the physical comic is a reflective surface showing you as the monster.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

Grant tries to one-up the Animal Man scene, the last page of the physical comic is a reflective surface showing you as the monster.

So it will time magazines person of the year from a couple of years ago?

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Is the final issue going to turn us all into supervillains or something? Or are we already the supervillains for reading and enjoying the series? :ohdear:

I could've sworn I read something about the reader being the hero in the Ultra Comics issue so maybe we're supposed to set it on fire :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Since you said you didn't know what why Superboy was hacking up dust, I guess I'll just say that it brought to mind that just recently the evil Superman in the current Earth 2 series was revealed to be their Bizarro and he dissolved into dust. Of course, this probably doesn't mean anything in the context of Multiversity, since Morrison's all about callbacks to older stuff (plus I don't know how far back he writes these vs. when the art is done), so I doubt he'd be referencing something that happened just a couple of months ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pretty sure the Kon-El clone, Match, got all white cracked Bizarro-y as well. Guess we can assume that K-cells shrivel up as cellular decay leaves them unable to process solar energy, making them flake off as new cells :techno:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
poo poo brought up that made me feel dumb after I posted the annotations:

1. The name of the lady he sneezes on is Vapor, and he says "inhale" because he sneezed and is a Bizarro. Duh, I'm dumb.
2. The gun Damian holds is the Hyper-Poon from All Star Superman #6 that the 5th dimensional Superman was rocking.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

hup posted:

The goofy gun Damian holds up makes me think of the hyperpoon from All Star Superman, especially since he mentions the 5th dimension (and the primary color scheme)

hmm

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

d00gZ posted:

the Hyper-Poon

The most comic book name to have ever been made and I giggle every time.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bobkatt013 posted:

So it will time magazines person of the year from a couple of years ago?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So is this some sort of Multiversity offshoot or side effect? Because it looks like involves alternate timelines and such.

DC's 2015 Event Will Preempt All Regular Comics For Two Full Months

quote:

The alien supervillain Brainiac has trapped cities from various timelines and planets that have ended, brought them in domes to a planet outside of time and space, and is now opening them for a great experiment to see what happens when all these folks meet. ...

Following in the footsteps of Brainiac is Telos, a new bad guy being introduced in Convergence. Named after the Greek philosophical term for ''end'' or ''goal,'' he is born of Brainiac and this mysterious planet — even taking on traits of that world — "but becomes a character unto himself," says DiDio.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

So is this some sort of Multiversity offshoot or side effect? Because it looks like involves alternate timelines and such.

You should check out the main DC thread.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's spun out of Superman Doomed and Fututres End. Not related to Multiversity except for involving stuff like Red Son characters, which are on Grant's map.
Expect contradictions to the Multiversity guidebook if anything.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 12, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's spun out of Superman Doomed and Fututres End. Not related to Multiversity except for involving stuff like Red Son characters, which are on Grant's map.
Expect contradictions to the Multiversity guidebook if anything.

What? I didn't think it was spinning out of anything. Just two months of filler so people can move.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

What? I didn't think it was spinning out of anything. Just two months of filler so people can move.

Yeah. That's why it's happening but it's had a little set up.
Superman Doomed ended with

Spoiler...

Braniac sucking out the brain energy of everybody on the planet and Superman whacking him into a black hole where on the last page he ended up here

and a future big monster Braniac is talking about collecting multiple versions of people in Futures End.
Check out the pink areas in these covers:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man if we can get jeans and T-shirt bearded mullet Home Repair Superman that'd be pretty boss. Never ending battle of Honey Dos, all he wants is a cold tall boy to end the day, but this drat Brainiac problem just won't go away.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's interesting, I was expecting it to be this as well, considering that when Final Crisis was announced, it was pretty clear that DC looked and went "there's not enough money in this... let's COUNT DOWN TO IT." It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they tried to tangle up some bits of Multiversity in it, but apparently it is just straight out of the Doomed and Futures End stories.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
For some reason, Jim Lee is drawing the Earth-10/Freedom Fighters issue.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/11/exclusive-see-whats-next-for-grant-morrisons-multiversity/

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Who was originally meant to be drawing it?

Also I hope he has had a head-start for a while now, because it seemed like this might finally be a Grant Morrison superhero series without art delays or fill-ins.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Lord Krangdar posted:

Who was originally meant to be drawing it?

Also I hope he has had a head-start for a while now, because it seemed like this might finally be a Grant Morrison superhero series without art delays or fill-ins.

I don't think another artist was ever named for it. Just seems random.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Barry Convex posted:

I don't think another artist was ever named for it. Just seems random.

Earth-Reich is an ugly place, filled with ugly people.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I've always thought that Jim Lee is a worse artist than Liefeld, I am glad that Lee is eager to prove it.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
ASBAR is probably the most interest Lee had ever been (Miller tends to bring that out of some artists), but the early Justice League stuff, what I saw of Superman Off the Chain, and this are all super bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't really know much about Lee, but it sucks he seems to have a bad rep. I really love the Freedom Fighters so I've been having high hopes for that issue.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

WickedHate posted:

I don't really know much about Lee, but it sucks he seems to have a bad rep. I really love the Freedom Fighters so I've been having high hopes for that issue.

To be fair I think he's always had and still does have a really good rep, BSS is just quite different from the norm in terms of opinion.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

fatherboxx posted:

I've always thought that Jim Lee is a worse artist than Liefeld, I am glad that Lee is eager to prove it.

It's a very sloppy piece for Lee, I actually thought it was Liefeld for a second when I saw it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That looks like Lee trying to be Michael Turner, of all artists.

But yeah, I hope the issue's been in the can for awhile. Maybe the series took so long to come out because of it!

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
That cover looks like something from a smaller comics studio. The type where everything looks brash inside and the back half of the book is just ads for other series in the line.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

team overhead smash posted:

To be fair I think he's always had and still does have a really good rep, BSS is just quite different from the norm in terms of opinion.

Yeah, but Greg Land has mainstream appeal, so that doesn't count for much.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Padje posted:

That cover looks like something from a smaller comics studio. The type where everything looks brash inside and the back half of the book is just ads for other series in the line.

The similarity with a moderately popular nazi supermen comic is probably purely coincidential

Doug Mahnke would have killed on that Multiversity issue.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Padje posted:

It looks like something David Lapham wrote but didn't draw.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

fatherboxx posted:

:drat:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

The new preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24690

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I'm going to need to re-read this issue (a lot) but god drat Quitely absolutely killed it on the issue. I mean holy crap it's brilliant.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I going to be perfectly honest and admit that I didn't quite understand everything that happened in this issue but I loved it anyways and I'm going to read it again when I get home.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
the gently caress did i just read?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Had a quick read on my break at work and.... Holy gently caress Frank Quitely!

Definitely one to re-re-re-re-read.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

I going to be perfectly honest and admit that I didn't quite understand everything that happened in this issue but I loved it anyways and I'm going to read it again when I get home.

Oh thank god I thought it was just me.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Senor Candle posted:

If someone said they understood everything perfectly the first time I'm calling bullshit because it's easy Morrison's most :psyduck: and dense work in a long time, if ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

If someone said they understood everything perfectly the first time I'm calling bullshit because it's easy Morrison's most :psyduck: and dense work in a long time, if ever.

This is about as much as I understood the first time:

• Locked thread