Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
godda have armored combat vehicles in case the comic book super villains show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the best

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

why don't the cops on horseback have camo on, did they think it would be to garish or something?

You'd have to paint the horse to make it work.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Is 3rd Battalion in place?

Yes Sir!

All units, converge on the Burger King, I repeat converge on the Burger King!

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Zzulu posted:

godda have armored combat vehicles in case the comic book super villains show up

No you need armored combat vehicles in case Steven Segal shows up and wants to throw a bunch of money at your department.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...rticle-1.956815

(This is a real things that police not only allowed to happen, but gleefully took part in)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You'd have to paint the horse to make it work.

camo horse blanket? If they're willing to chucnk down some cash to give our heroic poilice protective armor with camo they should be willing to do it for cop horses too.

do poice horses count as a human cop like how police dogs do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cesar Cedeno posted:

No you need armored combat vehicles in case Steven Segal shows up and wants to throw a bunch of money at your department.

(This is a real things that police not only allowed to happen, but gleefully took part in)

steven-seagal-sued-driving-tank-arizona-man-home-killing-owner-puppy-roosters-article

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cesar Cedeno posted:

lol :psyduck:

never change america

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

steven-seagal-sued-driving-tank-arizona-man-home-killing-owner-puppy-roosters-article

Sums things up nicely.

lol I read about this in a magazine first and I had to go online and check because I was sure some reporter had accidentally cited an Onion article but nope, poo poo actually happened.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the more I think about it the more putting mounted police and military police is counterproductive

guy with shotgun and body armor: possible badass
guy on a horse: possible badass
both: lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

a hole-y ghost posted:

what happened to your avatar... i value your opinions much less since you lost it

I got banned and I can't afford another avatar

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the more I think about it the more putting mounted police and military police is counterproductive

guy with shotgun and body armor: possible badass
guy on a horse: possible badass
both: lol

They should just go full tilt with it and make a modern day Cataphract.

Except with all Kevlar, and a 50 cal bolted to the horse somehow.

Just ride down the streets at a gallop decapitating minorities with a saber, the perfect cop fantasy made real.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Hey is that a pig with balls so big that he shits on them?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey is that a pig with balls so big that he shits on them?
yeah that type of poo poo is known as a taint painter

naem
May 29, 2011

Cesar Cedeno posted:

They should just go full tilt with it and make a modern day Cataphract.

Except with all Kevlar, and a 50 cal bolted to the horse somehow.

Just ride down the streets at a gallop decapitating minorities with a saber, the perfect cop fantasy made real.

I bet he sounds like a washing machine full of quarters

Actually why are cops wearing camo?? They aren't hiding obviously

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

wanna eat those pigs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/america-is-not-for-black-people-1620169913/+GregHoward1

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wow they actually made their uniforms into video game bad guy outfits

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
america is not for people

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stoic Commie posted:

america is not for people
yeah, it's for americans

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
I always thought that America was crazy about their right to own a gun, but seeing that police force makes me understand why you'd want to own a personal arsenal.

I mean how the gently caress are you not going to respond with violence when soldiers show up and kick in your door?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Stoic Commie posted:

america is not for non white people

FTFY

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ReptileChillock posted:

I always thought that America was crazy about their right to own a gun, but seeing that police force makes me understand why you'd want to own a personal arsenal.

I mean how the gently caress are you not going to respond with violence when soldiers show up and kick in your door?
You aren't, and thinking you can because you have a gun somewhere in your house is an absurd fantasy.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

jBrereton posted:

You aren't, and thinking you can because you have a gun somewhere in your house is an absurd fantasy.

They'll outflank you with the cavalry and then shoot you with their tank.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Is 3rd Battalion in place?

Yes Sir!

All units, converge on the Burger King, I repeat converge on the Burger King!

Ramirez! Secure Burger Town.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
ok if you are white and hold a large protest you gonna get hosed up, and i'm white

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNd8iNx1gGk

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Why are they wearing camo meant for wilderness in urban environments? If anything it makes them easier to spot.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ArbitraryC posted:

Why are they wearing camo meant for wilderness in urban environments? If anything it makes them easier to spot.

They want to be seen

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ReptileChillock posted:

Lay really flat, act dead already.

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax

jBrereton posted:

Naw, I meant if those guys show up I at least want to get a shot off and maybe take someone with me. gently caress being arrested

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
gently caress The Blice

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I love all those vertical grips and guns that look like they modded them in battlefield.

"Yeah I'm gonna need either a 4x or a red dot to get target acquisition on these unarmed protesters, but can I also get an ergo grip, the long barrel and a tac light? You never know man"

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
And American Police Forces are jammed packed with military surplus that extends out into weaponry that was never even remotely conceived to be used in a civilian setting. There are also military contractors who have already gotten filthy rich off American taxpayers and they simply cannot ween themselves off their morally-bankrupt lucre. So, they paint their poo poo blue so it looks like a cop should be holding it. Meanwhile, police budgets swell in response to the various Brown Menaces that sweaty white people have nightmares about, so there's more than enough cash to keep this poo poo rolling.

The only real problem is that the Pigs on the Ground gotta taste for themselves. They've always fancied themselves Noble Warriors out to save the Noble Race, but they're too fat to pass basic. So they strap themselves with assault rifles and grenades and they drive APCs to fight bands of kids with rusty .22s. Only the kids that are actually armed are smart enough to stay away from these pigs, turgid with their bloodlust-boners. So all that's left is some kid that once threw a gang sign in a picture and he catches some Hydrashocks in the back of the head and gets called a thug by the media.

Then another day dawns in America and we can fail to learn from our mistakes yet again.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
lol Overwined these cops have some $700 guns that plenty of people have. They're an upgrade for sure but you know, its not like they're $1500 guns

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

yay horses!

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax

gently caress the ROW posted:

lol Overwined these cops have some $700 guns that plenty of people have. They're an upgrade for sure but you know, its not like they're $1500 guns

That's true, but the people that have these guns aren't "peace officers". Why the gently caress would a cop on beat need anything more than a semi auto pistol? When's the last time a routine patrol turned into a five alarm shootout?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

ReptileChillock posted:

That's true, but the people that have these guns aren't "peace officers". Why the gently caress would a cop on beat need anything more than a semi auto pistol? When's the last time a routine patrol turned into a five alarm shootout?

Uh well I've never been to St. Loious so I'll have to reply on some feeds to update you on what its like there, but there's actually lots of wild rear end shoot outs, like you said sometimes the people with that kind of gun aren't peace officers. Let me get back to you from the feeds, with if anybody in St Loius has AKs, and then I'll journalism you the answer

edit: poo poo I forgot that I'm actually just the official main St. Loius thread war couch journalist, please read that thread to really absorb the context on this one

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
congrats on getting trolled by gently caress the row

you are now a full fledged something awful human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
:allears: what an honor

• Locked thread