Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

The Droid posted:

e: What is the plan if someone shoots off/disables a track?

Bobby at the back finished half of Rainbow Six: Vegas without dying, so he got to pick the equipment.

"Gemme some of that wacky camo, whassitcalled? Some German poo poo. Flecktarn! Yeah, that stuff's the best. Riot shield + autopistol is the loving poo poo on multiplayer, we're gonna need those."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

etalian posted:

It's mainly because the War of Terror paranoia scored PDs piles of free military grade equipment.

I remember that one time when the whole city of Boston and a few additional surrounding cities/towns went into full scale lockdown/martial law for a day because a scared, brainwashed college student was supposedly on the loose, armed and dangerous, and fiending to kill (and no certainly not hiding, weeping over having run over his big bro with a Mercedes SUV in desperate attempt to flee, too scared to attempt suicide without any bullets, and praying to allah that all of it was just a bad dream as the reality of the situation was sinking in while in hiding...no sir none of that would be considered much more plausible at all) made me feel truly embarrassed and ashamed for my country and home state. what a loving joke that was.

i guess apparently some dude happened to notice someone appeared to be hiding in his backyard by visually tracing the train of bloody all the way back to the boat parked behind his house when he finally was able to go out side on his own property and smoke a butt, once people were allowed to step outside into public without having guns aimed at them by the police. what a farce, my goodness. and the continued bloodlust that otherwise well-adjusted, sensible Massachusetts citizens (and not at all just the conservatives) openly have over how he should be executed publically on Boylston St. or hung from a tree on Boston Commmon without trial...when hes just a stupid-rear end punk, who had no positive role models and a hosed up family - who should just be locked away for life without parole and forgotten about like the Unabomber pending his inevitable conviction, no torture - no execution...why would you even begin to think that was justified?

Its also fairly clear that his older brother was likely responsible in hindsight for a triple homicide a year or so before the bombings in Waltham, MA but because it just looked like a drug related incident the :cop: didnt really seem to care much at the time to look into it and the novelty aspect of the bodies being found literally covered in :420: buds with their throats slit overshadowed the unsolved crime that it was. Perhaps if they handled it a bit differently there would be nothing to post about because he would have already been incarcerated instead of plotting his own personal jihad and inviting his little bro along for the ride. I'm pretty sure the murders weren't too far removed time-wise from when Tamerlane was actually interviewed by the FBI as he was actually on their radar and for a time was actively being investigated for being some sort of suspicious character. And then the time that dude was being interviewed by the feds and the Mass State Police in Florida regarding the murders/relationship to Tamerlane and was shot to death a month or two post-bombings because he was suspected to be pulling a weapon in the interrogation room, so that whole aspect of the story is obviously just a lost cause.

anyways, you know things are hosed when even Russia Today is watching along, filming/covering the story :allears: being all like :mmmhmm: :wtc: :jerky:

and some people in power are actually, legit still too freaked out to the point where they dont want him tried in a Boston federal court (and not because of the completely understandable issue of attempting to round up an impartial jury of his peers). there are probably about 5 days+ every year in Boston when 3 or more people of color are violently killed in the streets within a 24hr span...often right in the same neighborhood traced back to the same people.

it was just a big excuse for all the :cop: to at least giddily break all their post-:911: homeland security toys and unironically play Tom Clancy make-believe in the streets (and thankfully as time went on i did come to find that i was far from alone in feeling how i did regarding everything that went down, and do understand that of course alot of people were still certainly traumatized, on edge, and willing to do anything the police/gov ordered them to do without hesitation), spurred along by Boston's collective 12+ years of pent-up guilt for letting 10 of the :911: hijackers brazenly slip right through their fingers en route to Lower Manhattan via Logan Airport...and everybody apart from the lunatic fringe media at the time treated the whole, very well documented event with total kid gloves and not one local media figure made a peep for months about the mass absurdity that had taken place that practically made the bin laden raid seem like a prostitution sting or a drug warrant being served by comparison.

it still freaks me out/makes me cringe when watching videos and looking at pictures from the day of the manhunt and just how easily that pandemonium just came out of the woodwork in a matter of hours. in fact about two weeks or so ago a whole suburb north of Boston (Melrose) declared a shelter-in-place for a couple hours just because there were two suspected carjackers believed to be on the lam within the city. Not an event with a body count or something even remotely suspected as a possible act of terrorism as it was happening, literally just two dudes probably trying to rob people to score quick cash for drugs who were believed to have been armed and on the run for stealing a car in a nearby city had the cops once again breaking out the bearcats and bushmasters all over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC58A4EW6tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYt-_QP5awg

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2013/08/27/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-manhunt-photos/

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/46uvtWh.jpg :nws:

:gop:

its really surprising that nobody got 'accidentally' gunned down (as in citizens, not the transit cop almost killed on account of 'friendly fire' when the actually gunfight did take place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlRHJv1nnA) when they were aggressively forcing innocent people out of their own homes, shouting at them to throw their hands in the air with 50 guns simulatneously pointed at the vital organs of every occupant being so kindly asked to exit their home so it could be swept for sole remaining suspect they had already identified (and from his FB photos and headshots doesnt exactly appear to be a Christopher Dorner tier threat either, in fact he honestly makes Dylan Kleibold look like Tupac Shakur by comparison) and were seeking to locate. Just some really hosed-up completely over-the-top poo poo that went by completely unquestioned without any resistance at the time...I actually recall the nighttime forced eviction of the Occupy Boston camp getting more public scrutiny and media sympathy or the female Emerson College student 'accidentally' shot to death by police nearly 10 years ago by 'less than lethal' weaponry used to take potshots at drunk college students punks as a serious means of crowd control/dispersal, almost forgot about that one (oh I wonder why) it was a real loving classic for its time. http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/22/postgame_police_projectile_kills_an_emerson_student/?page=full.

edit: forgot about this little gem as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11agOrR4wvk...Boston is sincerely a wonderful city and Massachusetts a great state (seriously) but holy poo poo does the place have almost 500 years of baggage (and not the see-something say-something suspicious/unattended kind, but the psychological type) going all the way back to Martin Luther, the Mormons of their time escaping religious persecution to Plymouth Rock, into the Salem witch trials, the self satisfaction over its role in the beginning of the American Revolution, the puritanical laws still in place, the busing controversy, redlining, its retarded rear end napoleonic-complex forever and always the underdog sports obsession, Charles Stuart, into the new millennium with the guilt/paranoia generated by its role in :911:, and now the marathon bombings and 'boston strong'...and just tries way too hard to front and cover it up by acting real hard. its just so incredibly embarrassing at times (and definitely has been especially so in the past year for obvious reasons). its pretty much an open cultural secret (at least within the confines of New England), that is regarded but rarely brought up and will likely never be confronted because it runs so deep within the culture and plays a considerable role in the collective identity and brand of 'Boston' because I guess such historical idiosyncrasies are still preferable to always being looked upon as New York City Jr.

:jerkbag:

ftp

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 15, 2014

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

ReptileChillock posted:

I always thought that America was crazy about their right to own a gun, but seeing that police force makes me understand why you'd want to own a personal arsenal.

I mean how the gently caress are you not going to respond with violence when soldiers show up and kick in your door?

the excuse they use for having all the military gear is that your average person has guns, so they have to protect themselves. so its not really a great argument but oh god did i just comment on gun control

not snarky
Jul 29, 2008
literally the ISIS of the USA.

e: this phone app sucks

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The Droid posted:

lmbo look at these weenies

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Phoon posted:

lmbo look at these weenies

seriously, give everyone of those cocksuckers a choice of a one-way ticket to Aleppo if they want to play their wargames/practice dodging mortar shells or take away their guns and turn them into the bobbies they should be.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Mariana Horchata posted:

I remember that one time when the whole city of Boston and a few additional surrounding cities/towns went into full scale lockdown/martial law for a day because a scared, brainwashed college student was supposedly on the loose, armed and dangerous, and fiending to kill (and no certainly not hiding, weeping over having run over his big bro with a Mercedes SUV in desperate attempt to flee, too scared to attempt suicide without any bullets, and praying to allah that all of it was just a bad dream as the reality of the situation was sinking in while in hiding...no sir none of that would be considered much more plausible at all) made me feel truly embarrassed and ashamed for my country and home state. what a loving joke that was.

i guess apparently some dude happened to notice someone appeared to be hiding in his backyard by visually tracing the train of bloody all the way back to the boat parked behind his house when he finally was able to go out side on his own property and smoke a butt, once people were allowed to step outside into public without having guns aimed at them by the police. what a farce, my goodness. and the continued bloodlust that otherwise well-adjusted, sensible Massachusetts citizens (and not at all just the conservatives) openly have over how he should be executed publically on Boylston St. or hung from a tree on Boston Commmon without trial...when hes just a stupid-rear end punk, who had no positive role models and a hosed up family - who should just be locked away for life without parole and forgotten about like the Unabomber pending his inevitable conviction, no torture - no execution...why would you even begin to think that was justified?

Its also fairly clear that his older brother was likely responsible in hindsight for a triple homicide a year or so before the bombings in Waltham, MA but because it just looked like a drug related incident the :cop: didnt really seem to care much at the time to look into it and the novelty aspect of the bodies being found literally covered in :420: buds with their throats slit overshadowed the unsolved crime that it was. Perhaps if they handled it a bit differently there would be nothing to post about because he would have already been incarcerated instead of plotting his own personal jihad and inviting his little bro along for the ride. I'm pretty sure the murders weren't too far removed time-wise from when Tamerlane was actually interviewed by the FBI as he was actually on their radar and for a time was actively being investigated for being some sort of suspicious character. And then the time that dude was being interviewed by the feds and the Mass State Police in Florida regarding the murders/relationship to Tamerlane and was shot to death a month or two post-bombings because he was suspected to be pulling a weapon in the interrogation room, so that whole aspect of the story is obviously just a lost cause.

anyways, you know things are hosed when even Russia Today is watching along, filming/covering the story :allears: being all like :mmmhmm: :wtc: :jerky:

and some people in power are actually, legit still too freaked out to the point where they dont want him tried in a Boston federal court (and not because of the completely understandable issue of attempting to round up an impartial jury of his peers). there are probably about 5 days+ every year in Boston when 3 or more people of color are violently killed in the streets within a 24hr span...often right in the same neighborhood traced back to the same people.

it was just a big excuse for all the :cop: to at least giddily break all their post-:911: homeland security toys and unironically play Tom Clancy make-believe in the streets (and thankfully as time went on i did come to find that i was far from alone in feeling how i did regarding everything that went down, and do understand that of course alot of people were still certainly traumatized, on edge, and willing to do anything the police/gov ordered them to do without hesitation), spurred along by Boston's collective 12+ years of pent-up guilt for letting 10 of the :911: hijackers brazenly slip right through their fingers en route to Lower Manhattan via Logan Airport...and everybody apart from the lunatic fringe media at the time treated the whole, very well documented event with total kid gloves and not one local media figure made a peep for months about the mass absurdity that had taken place that practically made the bin laden raid seem like a prostitution sting or a drug warrant being served by comparison.

it still freaks me out/makes me cringe when watching videos and looking at pictures from the day of the manhunt and just how easily that pandemonium just came out of the woodwork in a matter of hours. in fact about two weeks or so ago a whole suburb north of Boston (Melrose) declared a shelter-in-place for a couple hours just because there were two suspected carjackers believed to be on the lam within the city. Not an event with a body count or something even remotely suspected as a possible act of terrorism as it was happening, literally just two dudes probably trying to rob people to score quick cash for drugs who were believed to have been armed and on the run for stealing a car in a nearby city had the cops once again breaking out the bearcats and bushmasters all over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC58A4EW6tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYt-_QP5awg

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2013/08/27/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-manhunt-photos/

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/46uvtWh.jpg :nws:

:gop:

its really surprising that nobody got 'accidentally' gunned down (as in citizens, not the transit cop almost killed on account of 'friendly fire' when the actually gunfight did take place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlRHJv1nnA) when they were aggressively forcing innocent people out of their own homes, shouting at them to throw their hands in the air with 50 guns simulatneously pointed at the vital organs of every occupant being so kindly asked to exit their home so it could be swept for sole remaining suspect they had already identified (and from his FB photos and headshots doesnt exactly appear to be a Christopher Dorner tier threat either, in fact he honestly makes Dylan Kleibold look like Tupac Shakur by comparison) and were seeking to locate. Just some really hosed-up completely over-the-top poo poo that went by completely unquestioned without any resistance at the time...I actually recall the nighttime forced eviction of the Occupy Boston camp getting more public scrutiny and media sympathy or the female Emerson College student 'accidentally' shot to death by police nearly 10 years ago by 'less than lethal' weaponry used to take potshots at drunk college students punks as a serious means of crowd control/dispersal, almost forgot about that one (oh I wonder why) it was a real loving classic for its time. http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/22/postgame_police_projectile_kills_an_emerson_student/?page=full.

edit: forgot about this little gem as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11agOrR4wvk...Boston is sincerely a wonderful city and Massachusetts a great state (seriously) but holy poo poo does the place have almost 500 years of baggage (and not the see-something say-something suspicious/unattended kind, but the psychological type) going all the way back to Martin Luther, the Mormons of their time escaping religious persecution to Plymouth Rock, into the Salem witch trials, the self satisfaction over its role in the beginning of the American Revolution, the puritanical laws still in place, the busing controversy, redlining, its retarded rear end napoleonic-complex forever and always the underdog sports obsession, Charles Stuart, into the new millennium with the guilt/paranoia generated by its role in :911:, and now the marathon bombings and 'boston strong'...and just tries way too hard to front and cover it up by acting real hard. its just so incredibly embarrassing at times (and definitely has been especially so in the past year for obvious reasons). its pretty much an open cultural secret (at least within the confines of New England), that is regarded but rarely brought up and will likely never be confronted because it runs so deep within the culture and plays a considerable role in the collective identity and brand of 'Boston' because I guess such historical idiosyncrasies are still preferable to always being looked upon as New York City Jr.

:jerkbag:

ftp

who in their right mind would read (or write) all of this

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

hmm I just scrolled past it before but now that you quoted it I see that there are in fact words and pictures there. I don't know, man.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
It's important to quote huge walls of text like that so that people are annoyed with having to scroll past it a second time, emphasizing how ludicrous it was to post to begin with.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

have they actually done a cavalry charge yet. thatd be some medieval poo poo to see

I used to live next to where they trained the police horses, and yes the practice cavalry charges, although what I could see, the aim was more to veer off at the last minute. Honestly anyone sane seeing 2000lb of armored horse charging them generally gets the hell out of the way in a hurry, no need to follow through.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

we need to start arming protesters with halberds

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

It's important to quote huge walls of text like that so that people are annoyed with having to scroll past it a second time, emphasizing how ludicrous it was to post to begin with.

:whatup:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 15, 2014

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

*bomb goes off*

nah 's cool guys its probably just a pair of college kids, lets take this slow and easy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I read it. It was a good post and is 90% accurate and you should read it too if you want to get a glimpse where America is today.

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
that post was actually p. dece, sorry about ur adhd

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Guys let me sum it up:
1) gently caress the police
2) gently caress Boston

If I missed any points, please feel free to correct me.

I totally agree with those 2 statements.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The thing that I keep wondering is why does this kind of poo poo happen in America, but seemingly not in Europe? Well, not as much or taken to such extremes anyway. And even when it does, there's always a huge backlash against the police.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its because americans are surrounded by pro america propaganda from cradle to grave

e: you cant believe that the american dream of anyone can make it if they work hard/america is the land of opportunity etc is true and not be racist because if its true why are minorities disproportionately poor or imprisoned? youd have to literally believe that they were worse than white people

Phoon fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 15, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
was expecting livestock voted 1

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it was a bumch of words about how poo poo boston is well worth it imo

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

cynic posted:

I used to live next to where they trained the police horses, and yes the practice cavalry charges, although what I could see, the aim was more to veer off at the last minute. Honestly anyone sane seeing 2000lb of armored horse charging them generally gets the hell out of the way in a hurry, no need to follow through.

I've been at a street party where the police made a cavalry charge.

"Wikipedia" posted:

In Scotland, twenty-one people were arrested at an unofficial "street party" in Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow which saw "completely unacceptable levels" of drunkenness, according to Strathclyde Police. A taxi driver died on 10 May from injuries sustained when his cab was struck by a police van attending the Kelvingrove incident.

I had long passed out by the time they charged (:scotland:), but a friend of a friend was arrested for shouting at a police horse. Someone else punched a horse on the nose, which upset the worst hippy I know because apparantly that horse will be so scarred for life that it'll never work again and the poor wee thing will have to be put down:qq:

Murderion fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 15, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Phoon posted:

youd have to literally believe that they were worse than white people

not snarky
Jul 29, 2008
anyone watching fox news cover this? watching pretty bitches subtly call black people savages owns. racism in media owns.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol horses are the whiniest bitches in the animal kingdom did we make it them this way or what

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

cynic posted:

this is basically how cavalry charges worked back in the day though?? if your opponent didnt break ranks, you veered off because smashing into dense crowds is unhealthy and if they did then mission accomplished, follow through recommended but optional

babypolis posted:

lol horses are the whiniest bitches in the animal kingdom did we make it them this way or what

only a cop can match their cowardice

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

let a thousand dorners descend from heaven to smite the pig race

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the tea party is the taliban, and the police are ISIS now

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

hello, old friend

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Is El Pollo Loco any good?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Funkysauce posted:

Guys let me sum it up:
1) gently caress the police
2) gently caress Boston

If I missed any points, please feel free to correct me.

I totally agree with those 2 statements.

yeah that circus was such a big deal even the mods were on shoot to kill orders

The Droid posted:

i think this belongs in the 40k thread

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

seriously, give everyone of those cocksuckers a choice of a one-way ticket to Aleppo if they want to play their wargames/practice dodging mortar shells or take away their guns and turn them into the bobbies they should be.

This would make a good reality TV show.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Entropia posted:

The thing that I keep wondering is why does this kind of poo poo happen in America, but seemingly not in Europe? Well, not as much or taken to such extremes anyway. And even when it does, there's always a huge backlash against the police.

It already did happen, you guys just didn't have enough blacks around so you used jews and gypsies and slavs and muslims instead.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why the gently caress do the dumb pigs order camo patterns for doing poo poo in the middle of a city

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Companion Cube posted:

It already did happen, you guys just didn't have enough blacks around so you used jews and gypsies and slavs and muslims instead.

yes and we're very sorry about all that sillyness. we'll be good and socialist from now on, honest!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

John Kruk posted:

Is El Pollo Loco any good?

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Daedra posted:

why the gently caress do the dumb pigs order camo patterns for doing poo poo in the middle of a city

Because they always dreamed of being in the military so they can shoot browns, but then realized that over there the browns shoot back. If they join the police force they can dress up and play military and the browns stateside don't shoot back. Best of both worlds.

A lot of people seem to think that the US police force is made up of mostly vets, but I'd hazard to guess it is mostly made up of high school bullies/bullied who want to good times to continue/get revenge. The worst part of the "Thin Blue Fat Camo Line" today is that they have been taught to foster an "us vs them" mentality where it is police against everyone else, and if the average civilian doesn't give you instant worshipping-respect, you make them pay.

Sting where they get retired cops to ask for complaint forms (which all departments must provide if requested). Incidents get more intimidating until @ 6:15 one of the undercover Fox news guys gets arrested.

• Locked thread