Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Look, I don't mean to interrupt the honest grief of the masses. We lost a titan of comedy recently, and there's no getting around that. But I wouldn't be true to myself if I let this opportunity to compare myself to the recently deceased oscar winning hexagenarian

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

Depression. The black dog of the moors. The big D. It affects all of us. I'm depressed. I've been depressed. You are depressed. Robin Williams was depressed.

http://www.hopeline.com/

What's really shocking about the death of Robin Williams, and what people would probably say about my death, if I died, was that we both seemed so happy and full of energy. Robin Williams was world famous for his exuberant brand of comedy, giddy impersonations, and humorous tangents. I can hardly go a minute without launching into my favorite futurama monologue, or even going back into time for a nice monty python sketch, not that people today really appreciate that type of humor. I bet that's something else myself and the beloved videogaming jokester had in common

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120329221814AA5uISb

So the next time you think the hilarious guy next to you is just goofing off, and leading a really happy life, please remember the simple fact that all comedians are hosed up in the head, and we live too brightly, and too earnestly, and too sincerely. We are all pagliacci

Thank you for your time, and please take my advice and get the help you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

If zelda williams doesn't respond to my tweets im going to kilb myself

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Good work. Expect to see how GBS is a shithole now.

Yvershek fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 13, 2014

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Corey Plumper posted:

She ain't so get to it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Corey Plumper posted:

i heard robin williams was so hosed up from a lifetime of comedy that he killed his whole family with himself & hollywood is covering it up with professional "ghost" tweeters

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Please don't kilb yourself

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tarranon posted:

i heard robin williams was so hosed up from a lifetime of comedy that he killed his whole family with himself & hollywood is covering it up with professional "ghost" tweeters

im fuckin done fuk this word im out

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I would like to encourage depressed people to employ what i am now calling the Thompson/Williams plan. I guarantee it will solve all your problems.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Evil Sagan posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
no one cares about suicide

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Evil Sagan posted:

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
actually the best place to talk to babes is suicide hotlines because they can't hang up

good luck goonsirs

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
^ that a good idea tho :quagmire:

pretty much this exact thread is stickied in en, op just wants attention and figured this thread would be acceptable right now :gas:

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
:gas: is a good way to die too. Asphyxiation (from car fumes) or emmolation, I guess.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I was expecting a .png of a belt.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Robin williams wasn't/isn't funny

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

All you post are care threads, then you get all upset when nobody gives a poo poo about your tired gimmick.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

All you post is care threads, then you get all upset when nobody gives a poo poo about your tired gimmick.

but is it really a care thread if you say how much you don't care about something -- depression, liberal arts degrees, etc?

checkmate :smuggo:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hwbrgdtse posted:

but is it really a care thread if you say how much you don't care about something -- depression, liberal arts degrees, etc?

checkmate :smuggo:

See, look at that hackneyed deflection that absolutely nobody is buying. I feel embarrassed for you.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

See, look at that hackneyed deflection that absolutely nobody is buying. I feel embarrassed for you.

o no !!

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

sometimes people ask me "am i a jew" i respond: no.

they think this means i am crazy, but i am not. i am simply depressed.

thank you for these resources OP

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Tarranon posted:

Look, I don't mean to interrupt the honest grief of the masses. We lost a titan of comedy recently, and there's no getting around that. But I wouldn't be true to myself if I let this opportunity to compare myself to the recently deceased oscar winning hexagenarian

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

Depression. The black dog of the moors. The big D. It affects all of us. I'm depressed. I've been depressed. You are depressed. Robin Williams was depressed.

http://www.hopeline.com/

What's really shocking about the death of Robin Williams, and what people would probably say about my death, if I died, was that we both seemed so happy and full of energy. Robin Williams was world famous for his exuberant brand of comedy, giddy impersonations, and humorous tangents. I can hardly go a minute without launching into my favorite futurama monologue, or even going back into time for a nice monty python sketch, not that people today really appreciate that type of humor. I bet that's something else myself and the beloved videogaming jokester had in common

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120329221814AA5uISb

So the next time you think the hilarious guy next to you is just goofing off, and leading a really happy life, please remember the simple fact that all comedians are hosed up in the head, and we live too brightly, and too earnestly, and too sincerely. We are all pagliacci

Thank you for your time, and please take my advice and get the help you need

Please sticky this in the Let's Play forum

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
podcasts have basically taught me that anyone remotely funny is a hosed up, broken person in some way, even if they hide it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Please don't Robin Williams yourself

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Falcon2001 posted:

podcasts have basically taught me that anyone remotely funny is a hosed up, broken person in some way, even if they hide it.

that is true, but podcasts are still gay

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Please do not gently caress up the thread for getting funny people the help that they need

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

Please do not gently caress up the thread for getting funny people the help that they need

but if they do they won't be funny anymore. how now, brown cow?

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 634 days!

Tarranon posted:

Don't think we have to worry about any of them posting here.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Hwbrgdtse posted:

but if they do they won't be funny anymore. how now, brown cow?

This thread cannot help you, please find survival resources elsewhere, I cannot save the world

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i hear if u fly to syria with a death wish you can get killed AND bask in the glory of allah (pbuh)

naem
May 29, 2011

He had a hundred million dollars and a new hot wife and was beloved by millions I can't say I feel that sorry for him honestly

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
Yeah I don't think a lack of resources was the issue here.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ArchNemesis posted:

Yeah I don't think a lack of resources was the issue here.

Actually, that was exactly the problem.

naem
May 29, 2011

I should have such problems

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

naem posted:

I should have such problems

Money and women won't make you happy naem, it's a hard lesson to learn.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

they say the most funny people are the most depressed i do not know who they are its an appeal to anonymous authority but anyway that doesn tmake sense because i feel like poo poo a lot and aren't very funy??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
if you really think about it life is kinda pointless

• Locked thread